PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best salesman at Centaur Subaru?

heavyD
02-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Wife's looking for a new vehicle and I am leaning to a 2014/2015 Forester XT but I prefer not to go back to Subaru of Calgary due to somewhat lackluster treatment after signing the dotted line on my STI. Haven't really dealt with Centaur but if I can't get something worked out with them then we will probably move on to another brand.

silvercivicsir
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Albert took good care of me when I got my 2012 Forester XT

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Tyler Tailby hands down, have dealt with him 4 times now.

dumplings
02-07-2014, 04:40 PM
I had the opposite experience as you - centaur was crappy and subaru calgary was decent.

Good luck with your new car.

heavyD
02-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by dumplings
I had the opposite experience as you - centaur was crappy and subaru calgary was decent.

Good luck with your new car.

They are both two of the worst dealerships in town so it's more a matter of which dealership isn't quite as bad as the other. My wife already emailed them without telling me and set up a time with some Bernard guy.

zieg
02-07-2014, 09:41 PM
my buddy dealt with Tyler as well and said he was great.

AE92_TreunoSC
02-07-2014, 11:15 PM
I bought mine from Centaur, it was a young salesman and he tried to screw me around at time of delivery. The sales and finance managers were great though! I was happy with Centaur except for the delivery screw around, which they corrected.

Been stupid happy with the XT so far. The seats do suck for some and I had to modify mine to get it comfortable. Make sure to take it for a super long test drive with your wife to see if you like it.

black_2.5RS
02-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

They are both two of the worst dealerships in town so it's more a matter of which dealership isn't quite as bad as the other. My wife already emailed them without telling me and set up a time with some Bernard guy.

If this is the same guy i am thinking. He didn't know much about the car but i was fine with that as i did my own research and was pretty set in my decision. He was good on pricing which was all that mattered to me.

btimbit
02-08-2014, 11:20 AM
My advice would be a day trip to Edmonton

Heru-Farukon
02-08-2014, 11:36 AM
I heard Red deer was the best for subaru than the dealers in calgary

For me, I went to both dealers for my brz as I didn't want to make a trip to red deer if I wasn't able to do a test drove. And I had a decent, not the best but decent experience at subaru calgary.

Centaur didn't get back to my inquiry And I emailed him mid day. And took him a few weeks to reply to my request.
In between the few weeks I had already bought my subaru from subaru calgary

If you do Centaur I had a salesman by the name of Tony pusch, he was good at explain and going thru the car on the day

Perfect Dark
02-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Give as much business as you can to Scott Subaru in Red Deer, I used to be pretty loyal to Subaru Calgary but after my ex-wife's last experience there I'm pretty much done with them.

Skyline_Addict
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I dealt with Ernesto at red deer. good experience

rc2002
08-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Bumping this thread. Considering a 2015 Forester XT (also cross shopping Escape Titanium, Acura RDX, and Lexus NX).

Anybody know local Subaru salespeople who will work with invoice price? I'm not expecting to buy at invoice price and have no problem giving the dealer a profit.

Don't really care about friendly salespeople. Just want a quick no BS transaction. Calgary Subaru is showing 4 in stock vehicles in the color/trim that I want. I was thinking that $1k/3% over invoice might be a good starting point considering they have 4 in stock vehicles and there are no incentives right now.

Can anyone comment on best time of year to buy a Subaru? Anyone have experience with the VIP partner deal?

01RedDX
08-02-2014, 10:18 PM

eur0
08-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I purchased a used Prelude from Subaru Calgary from a sales guy a few years back and they told me over the phone it was 'clean', no accidents from their report. Young and dumb I took their word for it without my own research, only to find out when I went to sell it a couple years later that it had a driver side impact which it clearly stated on the Carfax.

I will never deal with them again.

Tik-Tok
08-03-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm really shocked that there hasn't been a 3rd Subaru dealership opened yet. Considering all the bad word of mouth I've heard about both current ones, and the fact it's a popular make in our climate, you'd think it would be a great business opportunity for someone.

Orrr maybe just continue the tradition and SDS should just try becoming a Subaru dealership :rofl:

The_Rural_Juror
08-03-2014, 10:38 AM
How much does it cost to open a Subaru franchise in Calgary?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

One milllllllllion dollhairs.

They should open one in the NW Automall.

The_Rural_Juror
08-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

One milllllllllion dollhairs.

They should open one in the NW Automall.

F. I am a little short. How much to open a Suzuki dealership?

J.M.
08-03-2014, 08:52 PM

don't you dare

heavyD
08-05-2014, 12:15 PM

I believe Redlyne mr2 said that they investigated it once and Subaru of Canada was too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. It's a shame because we just got our Outback services in Whitefish last week and the dealership experience is night and day better and the dealership is even modern.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I have nothing to add except I've had two terrible experiences at Calgary Subaru as well, definitely avoid them if you can.

Sucks that we have only 2 dealerships, and dealing with them is simply picking the lesser of 2 evils.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2014, 12:34 PM

I know where you can get a cheap Suzuki sign :rofl: