PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Keith's Hop Series beer

Unknown303
02-05-2014, 08:55 PM
What does everyone think of these beers so far. I've had the Cascade and the Galaxy hops so far and really enjoy the flavour they've got. Worlds better than normal Keith's.

natty54
02-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I am not a fan

Unknown303
02-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by natty54
I am not a fan

Have a reason? or do you just not enjoy hops?

wintonyk
02-05-2014, 09:47 PM
i agree its leaps and bounds better than alexander keiths ipa (which is hardly an ipa) For a cascade hop beer however its mediocre. Anchor Liberty ale i like a little more. Brewsters had a cascade hop pale ale that was delicious this past summer.

Hallowed_point
02-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Keiths? :barf: Keiths with hops :barf: :barf: It might be the pride of Scotia
but I'd rather have a lucky lager.

Unknown303
02-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Lucky?.... Lucky! Might as well drink an alcoholic's piss.

While the hop series isn't remotely as good as a microbrewery IPA it's actually worth drinking.

:rofl: :rofl: Lucky :rofl: :rofl:

Cos
02-05-2014, 10:09 PM

Unknown303
02-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Cos
I really didnt like it. Had them both at Shark Club. Had a very strange sweet flavor (vanilla maybe?) to it that I didnt like. Didn't like which one? There's three out currently?

natty54
02-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Have a reason? or do you just not enjoy hops?

I guess it was the hops? Keith's is a decent beer. I buy it every once in awhile. Decided to buy a pack found them to have a very different flavor I could not enjoy

Hallowed_point
Lucky?.... Lucky! Might as well drink an alcoholic's piss.

While the hop series isn't remotely as good as a microbrewery IPA it's actually worth drinking.

:rofl: :rofl: Lucky :rofl: :rofl:

I can't stand hoppy beer..tastes like buckleys to me. I even tried a fancy pants IPA from Vancouver..drank half a bottle and gave the rest of the 6 pack away.

Lucky Lager.....:drool: to an Islander. That beer was a big part of my teenage weekend. Pilsner? Now that is an alcoholics piss..well that or luke warm Molson Canadian.

Cos

Unknown303
02-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

I can't stand hoppy beer..tastes like buckleys to me. I even tried a fancy pants IPA from Vancouver..drank half a bottle and gave the rest of the 6 pack away.

Lucky Lager.....:drool: to an Islander. That beer was a big part of my teenage weekend. Pilsner? Now that is an alcoholics piss..well that or luke warm Molson Canadian.

Hopped beer is definitely an acquired taste. Once I started into it I really don't even remotely care for generic beers anymore. Which is why I hate Alexander Keith's normally but am finding the hop series to be a decent beer. But I definitely prefer getting my hands on some Phillip's.

Hallowed_point
02-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Hopped beer is definitely an acquired taste. Once I started into it I really don't even remotely care for generic beers anymore. Which is why I hate Alexander Keith's normally but am finding the hop series to be a decent beer. But I definitely prefer getting my hands on some Phillip's.

Hmm well perhaps I'll try a couple more before I pronounce judgement. What do you recommend for an entry hoppy beer?

Unknown303
02-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Cos mentioned the Phillip's hopbox above. It's a well rounded box of IPAs but they do have some extreme ones in there as well. I haven't found many entry level IPAs that stand out to me. To me a good IPA is strong and has bold flavours, most newcomers think that they taste almost soapy from the hops flavour.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2014, 11:54 PM
I abhor hoppy beer, I'd rather drink an old can of tomato juice, that baked in the desert heat for three weeks, poured through a chlamydia ridden prostitute's panties at 4 am the night after cheque day. :barf:

Mibz
02-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I abhor hoppy beer, I'd rather drink an old can of tomato juice, that baked in the desert heat for three weeks, poured through a chlamydia ridden prostitute's panties at 4 am the night after cheque day. :barf: I... Uh. I also dislike hoppy beer, but, you know, maybe not that much.

01RedDX
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM

KRyn
02-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I absolutely hate beer with extra hops. It all tastes like shit to me. Do not want.

dirtsniffer
12-23-2014, 06:21 PM
I found this cheap whore of a beer buried in the back of my fridge. It was left there by a friend, who lost all sense of taste in a tragic ghost pepper accident (all that to say I don’t judge him for drinking this swill.....ah who am I kidding, of course I do). Everything is wrong with this beer. For starters, calling this an IPA is about as disingenuous as me listing my body type as "athletic" on match.com. Never mind the IP, this atrocity is barely an A (I would argue it tastes more like a generic lager than anything else). Secondly, none of the virtues extolled in the description above are actually present. Telling me the bottle was full of unicorn tears would’ve been more believable than the idiotic fluff they put in the description. There’s no floral hop character. There is no unique, malty character. It’s just a shitty macro beer that smells like cat piss and apple juice, and tastes about the same (although there is a lovely skunk flavour in there as well, like a Molson Canadian and a Heineken had unprotected sex and nine months Alexander Keith’s was born). In fairness there IS a nondescript crispness to the finish but there’s no flavour there - unless vaguely dry is a flavour. The "unique, malty flavour" is grain/cereal (a grain-based beverage that tastes like grain? Why that’s brilliantly progressive!), and the hop presence is virtually nonexistent in terms of flavour.

Was wondering why keiths was considered an IPA and found this. Thought I Would share. Any hop fans try the bitter truth pack from Wildrose? Good stuff.

ExtraSlow
12-23-2014, 07:58 PM
:hijack: but does anyone know if it's common to be mildly allergic to hops? I get pretty notable intestinal discomfort after drinking hoppy beers, but it doesn't happy with other beers?
Stuff like Grasshopper, MGD, Mill Street Organic are fine, but give me two pints of something with lots of hops, and I'm a disaster.