PDA

View Full Version : Alex Honnold Big Wall Solo Climbing

msommers
02-06-2014, 01:13 PM
wX_rh8Qugt0

I honestly hope it never happens, as the climbing community would lose an incredibly talented individual. But at this rate, he's going to make a mistake and for what?

Hope you didn't poop your pants watching this!

jdmXSI
02-06-2014, 03:14 PM
:nut: From the angles, if you turn the monitor it looks like he is just crawling on the ground... lol

mazdavirgin
02-06-2014, 03:31 PM
He is a talented soloist but no where near as "talented" as the mainstream media seems to think. He hasn't climbed anything particularly hard or pushed the sport to a whole new level when compared to the actual pro climbers. He admits it himself, if he was not climbing without a rope no one would even be talking about him or sponsoring him he is fully in the mediocre field when it comes to climbing talent. He obviously has a great head game but he is not a good ambassador for climbing as a sport.

austic
02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
That is crazy, My fear of heights is acting up just watching the video

msommers
02-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin
He is a talented soloist but no where near as "talented" as the mainstream media seems to think. He hasn't climbed anything particularly hard or pushed the sport to a whole new level when compared to the actual pro climbers. He admits it himself, if he was not climbing without a rope no one would even be talking about him or sponsoring him he is fully in the mediocre field when it comes to climbing talent. He obviously has a great head game but he is not a good ambassador for climbing as a sport.

I still think he brings a lot to the community, even if he isn't Chris Sharma.