PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had an vent air freshener leak?

prosh
02-06-2014, 11:08 PM
I've been using these auto expressions vent fresh air fresheners for years now and the current one I had in my car decided to leak last night and got all over plastic around the vent and overnight ate away at it and left a nice black residue and pitting.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and pursued reimbursement thru the manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

http://static.deal.com.sg/sites/default/files/new_images/Car-Fragrance-2.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-07-2014, 07:16 AM
There was a news article on these things a few weeks back that I saw, recommended to stay away from them because it's happened to a lot of people.

codetrap
02-07-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'll avoid that type. I typically just did the fabric sheet taped to the topic the under seat vent.

Fixed lol

Unknown303
02-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Thanks for the heads up! I'll avoid that type. I typically just did the fabric sheet taped to the topic the underwear vent.

What? :english:

CapnCrunch
02-07-2014, 07:59 AM
fabric sheet taped to the topic the underwear vent.

Do you even underwear bro?

J.M.
02-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'll avoid that type. I typically just did the fabric sheet taped to the topic the underwear vent.

bro bro bro..

MrSector9
02-07-2014, 09:15 AM

Somethings are so simple, my girlfriend will thank you for this.

I hide any air freshener in my "clean" vehicles, however I do have sweet ugly naked woman air fresheners from the flying j in my winter beater.

JRSC00LUDE
02-07-2014, 09:34 AM

rob the knob v. 2.0!

Tik-Tok
02-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Just curious OP, did you leave your car outside overnight when this happened?

sidewaysD
02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
No,

I saw this on the consumer watch on Global news.

A man in a Cadillac who had it leak all over his soft touch dash and touch screen. It damadged the touch screen and the dash.

Dealer qouted him a hefty bill for replacment of dash trim and touch screen unit.

The company would not fully reimburse his claim. A chinsy $500 is all he got. As "Our product does not leak if properly used"

dj_rice
02-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I actually see these cases come through the dealership all the time trying to get warranty. Drips all over radio switches and burns/melts them. Sometimes it gets passed through warranty, and sometimes no, depends on if the customer is good client or not.

Good luck trying to get compensation from the company.

CanmoreOrLess
02-07-2014, 12:45 PM
So a chemical which melts plastic is perfectly fine to inhale?

sidewaysD
02-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

If you have eaten subway recently.. you have eaten a chemical that is used to make Yoga mats.

lol.

Xtrema
02-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Those are usually the BEST chemical to inhale.

:rofl:

CanmoreOrLess
02-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by sidewaysD

If you have eaten subway recently.. you have eaten a chemical that is used to make Yoga mats.

lol.

I can't do Subway... all I see is serious arm hair on the guy working my sub, you just can't unsee that. They ought to have sleeves on their gloves. All that arm hair has to fall somewhere.

Ever notice how Japanese sushi chefs shave their arms and the back of the hand)?

sidewaysD
02-07-2014, 12:53 PM

I can't do Subway... all I see is serious arm hair and you just can't unsee that. All that arm hair has to fall somewhere.

LOL well there goes my love for tuna there..

prosh
02-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Car gets parked every night in heated garage.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Just curious OP, did you leave your car outside overnight when this happened?

amear
02-08-2014, 03:23 AM

I can't do Subway... all I see is serious arm hair on the guy working my sub, you just can't unsee that. They ought to have sleeves on their gloves. All that arm hair has to fall somewhere.

Ever notice how Japanese sushi chefs shave their arms and the back of the hand)?

Originally posted by sidewaysD

LOL well there goes my love for tuna there..

Off topic much? LOL

speedog
02-08-2014, 08:51 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3706/2256/320/gold%20five.jpg

EF9 Sedan
02-08-2014, 09:26 PM
I was kinda worried this stuff would happen with the vent clips. I've tried liquid air fresheners that clip on the vents and they've worked pretty good for me, haven't had leaks and I don't notice them freezing even though my car sits outside in the cold.

codetrap
02-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Hahaha. Under seat vent. Fracking autocorrect.

Rat Fink
02-09-2014, 11:08 AM

ipeefreely
02-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I can't stand things like this in my vehicles. It looks tacky, and why would you want to breathe a bunch of chemical crap while you drive? Seriously, if it can eat your dash apart it is something that is not good to be breathing in! Keep your car clean and it won't smell. DONE.
+1

What are you doing in your vehicle that it smells so bad that you need an air freshener??? :nut:

amear
02-10-2014, 03:47 AM
I agree with Rat Fink, Why not just use "little trees" air fresheners? or air freshener spray can thingy's?

Mista Bob
02-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by amear
I agree with Rat Fink, Why not just use "little trees" air fresheners? or air freshener spray can thingy's?
But they don't look as futuristic!!!!!

codetrap
02-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Keep your car clean and it won't smell. DONE.
Originally posted by ipeefreely

+1

What are you doing in your vehicle that it smells so bad that you need an air freshener??? :nut:
One word.

Children

sidewaysD
02-10-2014, 09:12 AM
They do have underseat freshners that are bean bag like.

Filled with somekind of scent beads. Non leaky.

jwslam
02-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ipeefreely
What are you doing in your vehicle ?

Children
UHHH...

lilmira
02-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

UHHH...

:eek: :rofl:

blairtruck
02-10-2014, 12:14 PM

One word.

Children
dont agree
my truck is over 12 years old now. still has new car smell vacuum and treat the leather regularly. i occasionally have to wipe a dusty footprint off the back of my seat. but thats it.
all door pockets and center console are always empty. only an owners manual and registration in glove box.