PDA

View Full Version : Rental in Cochrane?!

spike98
02-12-2014, 12:27 PM
As you may have seen from previous threads, i am in the process of moving my family to work in Calgary. After some careful thought, we have decided to live in Cochrane. But as you may know the rental market it HOT and people are looking for long term rentals only. So as a hail-mary throw, i am turning to beyond.ca to help us find something short term while Jordan finds our dream home. We are looking for something for a couple of months starting march 1st.

The tough part is that we have a son (6) and a small dog (shiba inu, yes, doge haha). The easy part is that we are quick movers, quiet, responsible and will even pay full in advance (2months +DD). We have no problem with a pet deposit or mind if you are showing the place while we live there (even with just a few hours notice).

So if anyone knows of a place that is sitting vacant in cochrane and wants to bridge the gap with some reliable cash while they vet new long term renters, please let me know!!

NOTE: We have been scouring kijiji and rentfaster as well.

gyromonkey
02-12-2014, 12:43 PM
I live in Cochrane, And my neighbor has 3 rental places the one right next to me is rented and I believe they are moving out at the start of march. He is looking to sell it but you may be able to rent it off him till it sells. Its a 1240sq townhouse with all landscaping and fence along with a 20x24 two car detached garage

I will try and track down his number if your interested

spike98
02-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by gyromonkey
I live in Cochrane, And my neighbor has 3 rental places the one right next to me is rented and I believe they are moving out at the start of march. He is looking to sell it but you may be able to rent it off him till it sells. Its a 1240sq townhouse with all landscaping and fence along with a 20x24 two car detached garage

I will try and track down his number if your interested

That is EXACTLY what we are looking for. Something that is mutually beneficial. He gets paid, we have a roof, its perfect! Please let me know if you can get his info!

gyromonkey
02-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah that was my thought also, I will try and get it in the next couple days, He Is pretty busy and has a place In Canmore where he lives now plus he travels a lot. I will talk to the renters and get you his info.

drtoohotty1
02-12-2014, 09:01 PM
And then we can all have a Wednesday night Cochrane beyond meet! Screw going to chinook!!

gyromonkey
02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
And then we can all have a Wednesday night Cochrane beyond meet! Screw going to chinook!!

Haha their you go, Chinook don't got Mckay's Ice cream :D

funkytuqe
02-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Do you have work already? If your in engineering there are positions in Cochrane available. Little to no commute is a ++

chathamf
02-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Any work for an electrical apprentice in Cochrane? Currently living in NW Calgary but the small town thing appeals to the family.

funkytuqe
02-16-2014, 02:22 PM
I imagine so, there is lots of commercial and resy construction going on but I don't pass through those circles.
Any how sorry to jack the thread, back on topic now. Hope your having good luck finding a rental spike. I have been in those shoes once trying to find short term living for me and my family while building a house and I don't think I was ever that stressed out, such a competitive rental market out there.

spike98
02-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Up to the top. Our prospect turned sideways on us. Condo board may not approve the pet. So we are still looking...desperately.