PDA

View Full Version : Russian Hockey vs Japan in Sochi.... I'd be pissed.

sillysod
02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
I guess this is what happens when you have the Olympics in one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

OmyIiNXNdes

CanmoreOrLess
02-12-2014, 09:02 PM
I think I hear a whistle before the puck crosses the goal line.

max_boost
02-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
I think I hear a whistle before the puck crosses the goal line. Yep. lose track of puck. blow the play dead, unfortunate it trickles in.

jampack
02-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
I think I hear a whistle before the puck crosses the goal line.

I don't know but that slow motion replay doesn't seem to match the actually play in regular motion. The Russian goalie appears to be down for about 1.5 secs before the whistle. It also seems like the sound of the "whistle" is from the song? or from officials whistling again on the background making the slow motion video having no sound.

I do think it's a good goal..

spikerS
02-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by jampack

I don't know but that slow motion replay doesn't seem to match the actually play in regular motion. The Russian goalie appears to be down for about 1.5 secs before the whistle. It also seems like the sound of the "whistle" is from the song? or from officials whistling again on the background making the slow motion video having no sound.

I do think it's a good goal..

It is no good. Refs got it right.

There is clearly 2 whistles. the first one, the puck is against the russian goalie, and has not crossed the line, the second whistle, yes, the puck is over the line.

You are REALLY grasping at straws to say the whistle is part of the song when it sounds EXACTLY the same as the second one.

And last but not least, it goes against the Olympic Tournament rules to have a referee or judge officiate when they are tied to either country playing to stop bias or one sided officiating.

I am not sure if this part is true or not, but the refs don't even know what games they will officiate until shortly before the event, and it is chosen randomly in an attempt to avoid corruption.

btimbit
02-12-2014, 09:34 PM
No goal. And as for host nation bias:

Referee
HERTRICH Nicole (GER)
Lineman
CAUGHEY Denise (CAN)
HANRAHAN Alicia (USA)

eiysa101
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
but did you guys hear the guy responsible for the faulty ring light was found dead in his hotel room!:rolleyes:

AE92_TreunoSC
02-12-2014, 10:47 PM
People are really hard on Russia haha, I don't remember half of these claims against Beijing.

Aleks
02-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
People are really hard on Russia haha, I don't remember half of these claims against Beijing.

People have nothing better to do with their time. We should just hold every Olympics in Vancouver :thumbsup:

Canada is the most corrupt nation on planet if a blown hockey call is what makes a country corrupt :rofl:

n1zm0
02-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by eiysa101
but did you guys hear the guy responsible for the faulty ring light was found dead in his hotel room!:rolleyes:

:rofl: my SO comes home from work that day, 'Did you hear about that guy who messed up the olympic ring?! he's dead! Everyone on facebook is up in arms about it! Russia is a fked up place'

I said 'Yeah Russia can be a fked up place, but what you should really do is tell the OP of that statement to read The Onion for an even better source of news, it's like 100x more credible than the dailycurrant'

speedog
02-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by eiysa101

It was the Subway pickles.