PDA

View Full Version : performance plugs and wires

GT2NV
09-24-2002, 08:44 AM
i was thinking of purchasing high performance wires for my car, but i was wondering if id get some.... if any benifit??? anyone with performance wires or any knowledge please respond:) :thumbsup:

2000impreza
09-24-2002, 09:46 AM
no performance gains at all unless there is something worng with the ones your using right now.

5.9 R/T
09-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Unless you plan on upgrading your whole ignition there is no point in upgrading the wires because the stock ones, or OEM replacements can handle the power just fine already. As for plugs, different motors respond to different plugs differently. For instance the 5.9, even in stock form, shows better performance when slightly colder plugs are used then stock. However, platinum 4 and those other high end spark plugs actually degrade the performance of the 5.9. So it's just a lot of trial and error until you find plugs that work the best for you. Check around to see what other probe owners are using and see if they are happy with em.

DSM Power
09-26-2002, 10:12 PM
I've tried Taylor Vertex Spiro-Pros and Accel Thundersport 300s, and NGK plugs. Both wire sets were excellent and a noticeable improvement over stock after the stockers got old. NGK plugs simply rock. :D

My suggestion is if you're ready to replace your stock wires, you might as well get something a little better and throw in a splash of color while you're at it. :)

ninspeed
09-26-2002, 10:26 PM
NGKs on the honda.. hella sweet.. and look good too

Voodoo Child
09-27-2002, 12:35 PM
I'll second that forsure ninspeed!
My ITR came with ASS ractive wires and when I got my NGK's I could %100 notice better throttle response!
Long live the JDM land...:thumbsup:

dj_honda
09-27-2002, 05:51 PM
if you drive an import you dont use anything other than denso or ngk.....its like a unwritten rule.....at least for me and the people i have talked to who have imports...

civic_rida
09-27-2002, 06:13 PM
probably help u if u still ahve the original shit

GT2NV
09-28-2002, 07:26 PM
hmmmmm well the ones im getting wont be ngk because i want to get them threw napa since i work there, there performance plugs and wires and theres three tiers
* street red
* strip yellow
* race blue - high end * what im getting * would this still be a good idea? or is ngk the way to go?
:dunno: