PDA

View Full Version : Buying a product from the UK

2Legit2Quit
02-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Has anyone purchased something from the UK and remembers what broker fees were associated upon delivery?

The seller will be shipping via UPS air and from what I've googled, there's no broker fee on air shipments but an air bond fee of around 3% of the items cost?

Does anyone know if this is true or if I'll be looking at any other costs? It's a fairly expensive item so just trying to calculate the total cost before I pull the trigger.

Thanks

Ca_Silvia13
02-14-2014, 10:12 AM
I brought something in from Belfast a month ago. I just paid the freight through the website and i did not get dinged anything when Canada Post delivered it.

I'm sure declared value will have something to do with it though. Mine was under 100.00

colsankey
02-14-2014, 10:26 AM
typically it's delcared value and the shipper that determines most of your charges. Royal mail to canada post is usually painless. UPS is hit and miss, but usually a hit on your wallet.

n1zm0
02-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I've bought SuperDry jacket from Gloucester specifically, it was about $65 iirc.

Pacman
02-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Is there another UPS service that avoids all the broker fees? I've had things sent over UPS and paid the extra for the more expensive shipping options and all I paid was 5% GST and 5% Duty. No UPS brokerage fees were charged.

Mar
02-20-2014, 11:37 PM
I've bought a couple of hundred things from www.ebay.co.uk but I've never had anything shipped UPS, that's weird. Everything I got was shipped Royal Mail and delivered via Canada Post, no customs fees.