PDA

View Full Version : 3 Great 4X4 SUV's which one to choose...

jjmac
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
I've been looking around for a fuel efficient, reliable and roomy Midsize-Large SUV, with lots of technology (backup sensors, cameras, car info/audio center etc...)

Purpose:

Long drives with family and friends
Preparing for a future family (in the next 3-5 years)
Daily driver
Winter driving

Choices:

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL - $39K

This is my first pick. I test drove the Rouge, no balls. I test drove the Murano, I liked it, but I wanted more room, so eventually went to the Pathfinder, it was everything I wanted; lots of technology and lots of leg room in 3rd row. HOWEVER, I've been bombarded by people saying stay away from CVT type transmission due to their high failure rate.

2013 GMC Acadia SLT - $44K

I've never owned American vehicles ever, because I was "raised" to never trust domestic vehicles due to their lack of reliability. But this one is just so damn attractive! The drive was fantastic; smooth and commanding on the road...except for tight turns around parking lots due to its' size. But again...just like the Pathfinder I'm fearful of the overall reliability.

2011 Acura MDX SH-AWD - $39K

This SUV does not drive like an SUV! It had paddle shifters and maneuvers like my G35 coupe! Not as tech-filled like the newer Pathfinder, but it is older. Also, not as much leg room in the 3rd row seating. Also this takes premium gas; so as a daily driver and long driving trips, this might not be a good option, as far as fuel economy. BUT damn does it drive nice!

Wildcard

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Been hearing a lot of buzz about this one. Haven't personally driven it yet. First impressions, nice look to it. Looks like it's full of tech as well. Again, domestic car.

ArjayAquino
02-18-2014, 04:12 PM
what about the CX9? As for your list I'd probably go with Pathfinder.

Tarrantula
02-18-2014, 04:16 PM
I would like to see the source of these "High Failure CVTs" people keep talking about.

I had an 05 Murano and the CVT in that thing was bulletproof. I would say I liked it even more than my current 6sp Auto in the A6.

Seriously, why WOULDNT you want to be able to hold RPM at 7K pulling hard the entire time?

98type_r
02-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Doesn't Nissan warranty the CVT for 10 years/200,000 km?

It'd be my pick out of the bunch.

Unknown303
02-18-2014, 04:22 PM
WILDCARD!

Tarrantula
02-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r

Obviously to show that they are committed to giving a quality product. :thumbsup:

jjmac
02-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino
what about the CX9? As for your list I'd probably go with Pathfinder.

Thank you for that recommendation! I'll book a test drive for the CX9!

Originally posted by Tarrantula
I would like to see the source of these "High Failure CVTs" people keep talking about.

I had an 05 Murano and the CVT in that thing was bulletproof. I would say I liked it even more than my current 6sp Auto in the A6.

Seriously, why WOULDNT you want to be able to hold RPM at 7K pulling hard the entire time?

I was never aware of CVT "issues" till I was warned about it and pointed to this article...and the comments are just BRUTAL on the CVT!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/should-you-buy-a-car-with-a-cvt-transmission.html

Originally posted by 98type_r

I brought this up with my Nissan sales rep and he mentioned that this warranty was for 2007-2011 models, and that they've "fixed" the issue by using a metal chain system now called Xtronic CVT, which is helping me trust it more.

And thank you all for your feedback!

spikerS
02-18-2014, 04:35 PM
I like the MDX a lot.

hearing some rumours about the new Cherokee that have me nervous, but nothing solid yet.

Pathfinders are ok.

I would steer clear of the GM.

As for the CVT, I had one in my Jeep. Designed while Nissan owned Jeep. I was a little nervous of it, but it stood up like a champ and was actually pretty awesome. You were always in the powerband at damn near every speed so it always felt responsive, well as responsive as 172hp @ 6000rpm can be.

My vote:
1st choice - MDX
2nd, Pathfinder
3rd cherokee
4th the GM

soccernut
02-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Great 4x4s? The GC is the only one that qualifies as a 4x4 on that list.

That said, based on your requirements, you don't really need a true 4x4. Go for the Nissan. I do like the new Grand Cherokees but I am not convinced yet that they are reliable quite just yet.
The MDX is too much money for the bang. Stay far away from GMC.

For a few extra bucks I'd try the Infiniti JX. (Even more tech filled Pathfinder)

jjmac
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by soccernut
Great 4x4s? The GC is the only one that qualifies as a 4x4 on that list.

That said, based on your requirements, you don't really need a true 4x4. Go for the Nissan. I do like the new Grand Cherokees but I am not convinced yet that they are reliable quite just yet.
The MDX is too much money for the bang. Stay far away from GMC.

For a few extra bucks I'd try the Infiniti JX. (Even more tech filled Pathfinder)

"Great" is subjective I guess.

I tried the JX (QX now), definitely awesome, just a bit over my budget since the sales guy didn't budge his price of $50K used.

Masked Bandit
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
We went through this last summer and from what I found online, the Pathfinder was the ONLY thing we didn't test drive. I've owned several Nissan products in the past with great results but I will not buy a CVT equipped vehicle unless it's a snowmobile.

Give the Hyundai Santa Fe XL a shot. That's what we ended up buying and only because I was stunned at the bang for the buck. I hated the way the GM Acadia drove although it was by far the roomiest. Mushy tranny and it cornered like you were driving on marshmallows. The MDX would be worth considering but I'm surprised to see it in the same price bracket. I suspect by the time you loaded it up you would be well North of $50,000. I think the Toyota Highlander is all new for 2014 as well.

carson blocks
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
I've rented three of those so far for at least a week each. I've had the new Grand Cherokee a number of times and it's my favorite by far. Chrysler has really upped their game on interiors and their new 8.4 system is pretty good. Still has it's flaws, but better than most (light years ahead of Ford and GM). The downside is that you'll still have to deal with Chrysler service departments which are possibly the worst customer service organizations on the planet.

The Acadia was nice inside, but I felt the AWD was definitely FWD biased and didn't like it, the best I could describe it is that I thought it kinda drove like a minivan. I really liked everything except driving it though, if that makes sense. The seats all folding perfectly flat and giving me essentially a cargo van was probably my favourite feature.

The last Pathfinder I rented (probably a couple years old) I thought rode rough (and I DD a 3/4 ton truck), but not rough in a fun trucky way, rough in an annoying choppy kidney hurting way. I thought Nissan's Interior and fit-and-finish had gone downhill from what I remember as well.

snowcat
02-18-2014, 07:05 PM
I like Acura

A790
02-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6. 42k. We love ours. Loaded to the gills.

lee88
02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Toyota 4runner?

msommers
02-18-2014, 08:30 PM
X2 on the Santa Fe

egmilano
02-18-2014, 08:54 PM
I've driven inside both the mdx and the gc, I'd pick the gc, Awesome look, ride and reputation off road =p the interior is fantastic as well. The acura just seems overpriced ... my 2 cents ..

Sugarphreak
02-18-2014, 10:39 PM

jjmac
02-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
We went through this last summer and from what I found online, the Pathfinder was the ONLY thing we didn't test drive. I've owned several Nissan products in the past with great results but I will not buy a CVT equipped vehicle unless it's a snowmobile.

Give the Hyundai Santa Fe XL a shot. That's what we ended up buying and only because I was stunned at the bang for the buck. I hated the way the GM Acadia drove although it was by far the roomiest. Mushy tranny and it cornered like you were driving on marshmallows. The MDX would be worth considering but I'm surprised to see it in the same price bracket. I suspect by the time you loaded it up you would be well North of $50,000. I think the Toyota Highlander is all new for 2014 as well.

That's exactly what a friend told me about a CVT, "if it's in a snowmobile"

I did try out the Santa Fe, I liked the price; it was $35K/0% financing for the XL Premium, with tons of options. Only turn off was it was a Hyundai (but apparently Hyundai is stepping up their game with reliability nowadays) and the small ass touchscreen. But I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Originally posted by lee88
Toyota 4runner?
Seeing the shitty service that my parents have gotten for their Tacoma and FJ, makes me not want to own one. But I'll test it out.

Darkane
02-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Wait for 6 months. Get the 2015 pilot. Will have the new MDX drivetrain, and does 37mpg!!!

Also can be had for same price as pathfinder. But more mpg, hp, and hondaness.

jjmac
02-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I gotta say... I didn't expect to see an Acadia on a top 3 list for great 4x4 SUV's

GC is the only good one on the list, the MDX is very nice and they run really good promotions on it... but it looks and feels dated and is pretty terrible on fuel according to most people I know that own one, premium fuel no less.

Santa Fe and 4Runner both should be on your list, might as well throw the Honda Pilot on there too. There are some Fords and the CX9 you should be considering as well.

I put the Acadia because I was fresh from the test drive before posting my choices and pretty much get a feedback asap lol

I'll test drive the CX9 tomorrow at Sunridge Mazda and possibly try out the GC this weekend.

Hopefully I can choose one before this month ends.

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations!
:burnout: :burnout:

blitz
02-18-2014, 11:34 PM
All I can say is don't buy a $40-50k vehicle now for the purpose of starting a family in 3-5 years. I know a lot of people that bought a fancy SUV, found out that the 3rd row is useless when you have carseats, and now need a Minivan.

soccernut
02-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by blitz
All I can say is don't buy a $40-50k vehicle now for the purpose of starting a family in 3-5 years. I know a lot of people that bought a fancy SUV, found out that the 3rd row is useless when you have carseats, and now need a Minivan.

I think the pathfinder has a feature where you can still fold the second row seat with the car seat in it and access the third row

98type_r
02-19-2014, 09:41 AM
and an actual usable third row, at 6' tall I sat back there without feeling cramped.

CanmoreOrLess
02-19-2014, 09:51 AM

I think the pathfinder has a feature where you can still fold the second row seat with the car seat in it and access the third row

The Infiniti JX has this feature, Nissan has allowed this "must have" to trickle down to the Pathfinder, automotive journalists gush over it for those with little kids. I can see it having positive benefits for vehicle resale as well.

Masked Bandit
02-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jjmac

That's exactly what a friend told me about a CVT, "if it's in a snowmobile"

I did try out the Santa Fe, I liked the price; it was $35K/0% financing for the XL Premium, with tons of options. Only turn off was it was a Hyundai (but apparently Hyundai is stepping up their game with reliability nowadays) and the small ass touchscreen. But I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Seeing the shitty service that my parents have gotten for their Tacoma and FJ, makes me not want to own one. But I'll test it out.

There is a bigger touchscreen available but I'm not sure what trim level you have to go up to in order to get it. We got the bigger one but we bought the top trim package. All in, out the door for $45K. There wasn't anything else on the market that offered the features for that take home number, not even close. The Acadia / Enclave in top trim was almost $60K and it was still short on features (no heated steering wheel at the time). A lot of people also like the Ford Explorer Sport with the Ecoboost 3.5L.

Kloubek
02-19-2014, 10:03 AM
I have a 2007 cx9. They have made minor changes to the tech and revamped the exterior styling but it is very similar to the newer years. With that said, I think the cx manages to remain relatively fresh after these years and should consider a look. For me, the deciding factors on the cx is that it has the features and luxury one would want, with a sporty carlike driving feel. Yet it has over 100 cubic feet of cargo space and the 3rd row.

Certainly should drive one and see what you think.

CapnCrunch
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Isn't the Cherokee a 5 seater? Looks like all the others are 7.

jjmac
02-19-2014, 11:03 AM

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-uuOOHZNOlfo/UL-D1Mi-WPI/AAAAAAAAAUg/7XsOWw6c1iA/s1600/2013%2BNissan%2BPathfinder%2Brear%2Bseat.jpg

This is that feature you're talking about. It would definitely be helpful.

There is a bigger touchscreen available but I'm not sure what trim level you have to go up to in order to get it. We got the bigger one but we bought the top trim package. All in, out the door for $45K. There wasn't anything else on the market that offered the features for that take home number, not even close. The Acadia / Enclave in top trim was almost $60K and it was still short on features (no heated steering wheel at the time). A lot of people also like the Ford Explorer Sport with the Ecoboost 3.5L.

Looks like the 8" touch screen comes with the Nav system in the Limited package. And you're right it's $45K all in, not bad at all. Adding the Explorer to my test drive this weekend, it's getting to around the $50K mark, but still worth the look.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
Isn't the Cherokee a 5 seater? Looks like all the others are 7.

Yea it's a 5 seater, hence why it was a wildcard.

msommers
02-19-2014, 11:46 AM

I've taken my 4Runner to Heninger a couple times and have had really good service with them. If you do end up getting a 4R, get on the CT4WD club for 15% discounts on parts and service.

Honestly not a big fan of their latest facelift for 2014 but that's subjective. I can say I love my 4R though, it's been really good to me and about to roll over 100,000kmk already - it's a 2010. How much offroading are you doing though?

I will comment that I lucked out and got one when you could delete the 3rd row in the SR5 trim. From what I've seen, the 3rd row is pretty useless. Actually in most SUVs the 3rd row is useless unless you get a Suburban or something quite large.

Axe
02-19-2014, 12:20 PM
I would suggest driving the new Toyota Highlander. the Limited comes with the tech items and an 8" touchscreen. We have an 08 but from what I read and see, there is quite a bit more room in and behind the 3rd row in the 2014 model. It looks like they Limited model starts at $45k and that includes the tech and heated steering wheel/seats etc.

I'm biased because I'm a current owner and need the 5000lb towing capacity.

Good luck!

jjmac
02-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by msommers

I've taken my 4Runner to Heninger a couple times and have had really good service with them. If you do end up getting a 4R, get on the CT4WD club for 15% discounts on parts and service.

Honestly not a big fan of their latest facelift for 2014 but that's subjective. I can say I love my 4R though, it's been really good to me and about to roll over 100,000kmk already - it's a 2010. How much offroading are you doing though?

I will comment that I lucked out and got one when you could delete the 3rd row in the SR5 trim. From what I've seen, the 3rd row is pretty useless. Actually in most SUVs the 3rd row is useless unless you get a Suburban or something quite large.

I'll definitely send my parents down to Heninger from now on and give them a shot for their vehicles. I won't be doing much off roading to be honest, just wanted a larger, roomy, tech filled, fuel efficient and reliable SUV for long drives and family friendly. I'll look into older 4runners as well and see what I find! Thanks for the recommendation!

SkiBum5.0
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM
I just bought a new 4runner Trail and I'm thinking it probably isn't the one for you.
The others on the list will ride nicer, be more fuel efficient and have more luxury features. My vote is the MDX.

jjmac
02-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Just recently test drove the 2014 Highlander and 4Runner, smooth and quiet ride, not as tech packed as the Santa Fe XL unless I go with their highest model, which reached close to the $50K mark. Not a fan of the exterior and interior look of the Highlander, I liked the 4Runner better, however it didn't seem family friendly (No powerlift gate and it was a little cramped in the back.

So at the moment, it's now between...

2013-2014 Santa Fe XL Luxury AWD ($40-45K) - New

&

2012 MDX SH-AWD ($41K) - Used

Pending on Ford Explorer and Mazda CX9 Test drive

Again thank you all for your inputs!

benyl
02-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by blitz

This is the best advice. Buy something for what you need now and deal with your family purchase when and if you have kids.

Is your wife tall or short? Can she lift 20 lbs, straight arm, with a 10 lbs diaper bag on her shoulder and holding onto a stroller with the other hand to chest height? Can she lift a 25 lbs stroller to chest level? You will also want the feature where you sweep your foot under the back bumper for the hatch to open. Low cargo floor for the stroller is a must. Also, with the 3rd row, can you fit the stroller of your choice in the back without having to pack it like a fedex truck everytime? It gets fucking old quick when you can't just slide it in.

That 3rd row feature on the Nissan is great, but in reality you won't need it for 10 years until your second kid comes and your first kid is sitting on the other side. Will you keep the vehicle that long?

jjmac
02-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by benyl

This is the best advice. Buy something for what you need now and deal with your family purchase when and if you have kids.

Is your wife tall or short? Can she lift 20 lbs, straight arm, with a 10 lbs diaper bag on her shoulder and holding onto a stroller with the other hand to chest height? Can she lift a 25 lbs stroller to chest level? You will also want the feature where you sweep your foot under the back bumper for the hatch to open. Low cargo floor for the stroller is a must. Also, with the 3rd row, can you fit the stroller of your choice in the back without having to pack it like a fedex truck everytime? It gets fucking old quick when you can't just slide it in.

That 3rd row feature on the Nissan is great, but in reality you won't need it for 10 years until your second kid comes and your first kid is sitting on the other side. Will you keep the vehicle that long?

Originally, I just wanted to replace my Acura EL to a bigger vehicle with AWD for winter. But I figure I might as well have a family friendly vehicle while I'm at it so that I don't have to shop around again when the time comes for me to have a family.

I tend to keep vehicles I like for longer than 5 years, so buying a family friendly vehicle now would work out.

Thank for you all the conveniences questions I have to answer when buying a family friendly vehicle, so I'll those in mind!

I'll add to my must have feature...convenient power liftgate, low cargo floor, and tons of cargo space.

colinxx235
02-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Voted for the GC, if the MDX was newer year it would have my vote. But I'm a big GC fan from previous owning.

Btw Joel... you have a family now? old balls, haven't bumped into you in a long time lol

jjmac
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Voted for the GC, if the MDX was newer year it would have my vote. But I'm a big GC fan from previous owning.

Btw Joel... you have a family now? old balls, haven't bumped into you in a long time lol

I'll be looking at a 2012 MDX this weekend to see any differences between it and the 2011.

And NO I don't have a family yet lol I'm working on it...and yes I' am old now unfortunately :(

Masked Bandit
02-21-2014, 12:42 PM

I'll be looking at a 2012 MDX this weekend to see any differences between it and the 2011.

And NO I don't have a family yet lol I'm working on it...and yes I' am old now unfortunately :(

I think the MDX is the same right up until and including 2013.

852VR6
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2iSM6nhWWw

Check out this GC video

jjmac
02-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 852VR6

Check out this GC video

Well that doesn't look safe at all...

k1l4m
02-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by 852VR6

Check out this GC video

LOL at the bicycle helmet.

Sugarphreak
02-22-2014, 04:43 PM

jjmac
02-22-2014, 09:02 PM
How did your test drive with the CX9 go?

I am curious to see how you think it stacks up against your other top contenders

As for wildcard 5 seaters... just for fun go test drive a Q5, can be had for well under 50K. Would love to hear your comments on it.

In all honesty, I didn't test drive the CX9 anymore because
after reading every single review online, plus a few owners testimonials, and test driving it for 24 hours, the Santa Fe XL was the the right choice. It had everything on my wishlist and then some, so I bought it!

As far as the Q5 I actually did test drive a 2013 last week, it was my co-workers and it was alright. It wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be, but she said there was a trim higher that had more HP. The drive felt like the MDX, but not as responsive, and a bit sluggish when turning.

The Q5 dash wasn't as busy as the MDX, but not as nicely put together as the Santa Fe; it just looked plain.

msommers
02-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Hmm I would not have excited expected that. Thanks for reporting back.

Have you purchased anything yet? More test drives?

GTS4tw
02-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Hmm I would not have excited expected that. Thanks for reporting back.

Have you purchased anything yet? More test drives?

He said he bought the santa fe

msommers
02-22-2014, 09:22 PM
I fail at reading!

Congrats on the new vehicle!

jjmac
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
I fail at reading!

Congrats on the new vehicle!

Haha sa'll good and thank you!

I pick it up in the next few days!

And thank you everyone for the inputs!

:thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
02-22-2014, 09:57 PM

Masked Bandit
02-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Which colour did you go with? Which dealership are you working with?

jjmac
02-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Congrats!

Thank you!!

Which colour did you go with? Which dealership are you working with?

I wanted the Frosted Mocha, however they couldn't find one cause I opted for the 2013, so they're on the hunt for it.

If I don't get that color, the Iron Frost (Dark Gray) is my second choice with the Saddle Interior.

IF they can't get that one for me, then black is the final choice.

I was first dealing with Precision Hyundai, everything went great till the Sales Manager decided to piss me off, so I pulled my credit card, left and went straight to Hyundai Gallery. Hyundai Gallery worked fast and got my business in under an hour! Straight forward and no bullshit.

Edit - I mixed it, I dealt with Hyundai Gallery, not Calgary Hyundai.

Masked Bandit
02-24-2014, 02:17 PM

Thank you!!

I wanted the Frosted Mocha, however they couldn't find one cause I opted for the 2013, so they're on the hunt for it.

If I don't get that color, the Iron Frost (Dark Gray) is my second choice with the Saddle Interior.

IF they can't get that one for me, then black is the final choice.

I was first dealing with Precision Hyundai, everything went great till the Sales Manager decided to piss me off, so I pulled my credit card, left and went straight to Hyundai Gallery. Hyundai Gallery worked fast and got my business in under an hour! Straight forward and no bullshit.

Edit - I mixed it, I dealt with Hyundai Gallery, not Calgary Hyundai.

Which sales guy did you end up dealing with at Hyundai Gallery? I worked with Kevin Amey and then his boss Trevor Gordon to wrap things up and hammer out the final numbers. I would deal with them again for a purchase but their service department is a cluster-truck.

jjmac
02-24-2014, 03:01 PM

Which sales guy did you end up dealing with at Hyundai Gallery? I worked with Kevin Amey and then his boss Trevor Gordon to wrap things up and hammer out the final numbers. I would deal with them again for a purchase but their service department is a cluster-truck.

I worked with Curtis Lamoy(I think is his last name) and Trevor Gordon! Both very awesome guys. Trevor just like you said, hammered everything down till I was happy with a deal and then BAM!; signed the papers works.

He even hooked me up with a date night for my girl and I to the Palliser, apparently they have a corporate account there...if you didn't get yours, talk to Trevor again :nut:

Any recommendations where I should get it serviced?

Masked Bandit
02-24-2014, 05:41 PM

I worked with Curtis Lamoy(I think is his last name) and Trevor Gordon! Both very awesome guys. Trevor just like you said, hammered everything down till I was happy with a deal and then BAM!; signed the papers works.

He even hooked me up with a date night for my girl and I to the Palliser, apparently they have a corporate account there...if you didn't get yours, talk to Trevor again :nut:

Any recommendations where I should get it serviced?

S.O.B.! I didn't get a night at the Palliser (puts hands in pockets and kicks the dirt).

I started using an independent shop on Bannister Road by the name of Mid-Sun Automotive for our service stuff. They seem to be decent so far. But if you don't live in the South end of town I don't think that will do you much good.

jjmac
02-24-2014, 11:15 PM

S.O.B.! I didn't get a night at the Palliser (puts hands in pockets and kicks the dirt).

I started using an independent shop on Bannister Road by the name of Mid-Sun Automotive for our service stuff. They seem to be decent so far. But if you don't live in the South end of town I don't think that will do you much good.

That's not too far from me actually! From Douglas Dale, that looks like about 10 mins away! So I'll definitely check them out, thanks Bill!

thinmyster
02-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Wow those santa fe's look great. Congrats!

avishal26
02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
out of curiosity - what did the sales manager at precision do to piss you off?

jjmac
02-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by avishal26
out of curiosity - what did the sales manager at precision do to piss you off?

Long story short, he was an ass.

Before finalizing the paper works, I went home(3:30PM) to get my girl just in case I needed a co-signer and for her to give the "FINAL" approval of purchase of the vehicle, because her and I will be sharing the expenses, and said I'll be back in about an hour.

The sales guy calls me about 30 mins after I left and ask if there was anything else he can do for me. So I said, "Well anymore budge on the price would be nice for sure, but other than that you've done everything you could."

A few seconds later, Sales Manager calls me bitching and yelling on the phone saying...

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NEGOTIATING WITH MY SALES GUY OVER THE PHONE? I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL ALREADY?! AND WHY AREN'T YOU BACK HERE YET TO SIGN THE PAPERS?! WE'RE ONLY OPEN TILL 6PM AND IT'S ALREADY 4PM?! YOU SAID YOU'D BE BACK HERE BY NOW!"

Exact word for word. I don't know if he was having a bad day, but still, some professionalism was expected.

I respond saying, "Dude, your sales guy asked me what else he can do for me and I just responded! Plus I said I'll be back in about an hour, it's only been about half hour, plus my girl isn't even home yet from work! But you know what, thanks but no thanks."

Hung up the phone and went straight to Hyundai Gallery.

The rest is history.

jjmac
02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
Wow those santa fe's look great. Congrats!

I never would've expected to purchase a Hyundai, but the Santa Fe is pretty awesome!

Sugarphreak
02-26-2014, 01:59 PM