PDA

View Full Version : What would beyond do?

max_boost
02-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Someone I know "almost" got side swiped. Basically it was a dual turn lane, my friend had the option of turning or going straight, the car beside him must turn lol so that car didn't turn and went straight and "almost" hit him like 1mm away. All recorded on dash cam.

Anyway he called the cops.

Would beyond call the cops or let it go and just $!?$&))$!!! Call it a day?

max_boost
02-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Anyway I made fun of him and suggested he file a hurt feelings report instead.

max_boost
02-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Ok so update. The cops are gonna go give the dude a firm talking.

My friend is accusing me of not doing anything and letting the world go to shit.

Lol

DeeK
02-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Punctuation is your friend.

AND

It really depends on the situation. I've called the cops to report a dangerous driver on occasion. But again, it really all depends on the situation.

However, if it requires a call, phone 911 RIGHT AWAY and report the driver, not way after the incident.

Tik-Tok
02-21-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm amazed the cops are doing anything at all.

I would never have called, because based on previous experience with the police in traffic manners, they don't give a rats ass.

Disoblige
02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't have called because:

1. No accident occurred
2. Police won't give a rat's ass.

shakalaka
02-21-2014, 10:35 AM
If the police does actually talk to the guy, it might do some good cause that guy will be extra careful from now on. But I think they probably just told your friend that they will to make him go away. lol

Sugarphreak
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM

Hallowed_point
02-21-2014, 01:43 PM
No accident, no call.

Inch or a mile, winning's winning.

The person who did that is a moron though, I've had some
close calls with making a left hand turn into chinook and having
someone do a double wide turn without looking. Idiots.

botox
02-21-2014, 02:03 PM
This is why I always take the inside lane. Not so much for the people who go straight, but for the people who like making wide turns like their driving a semi in their little compact cars. Personally I wouldn't have called the cops but I don't have an issue with your friend calling.

blairtruck
02-21-2014, 02:14 PM
no accident no call. imagine if everyone phoned in the bad drivers that did something wrong. we would need full time babysitters.

pf0sh0
02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
I prob wouldn't call... I might be pissed for a couple of minutes

know1edge
02-21-2014, 02:51 PM
I would have posted a thread on beyond asking what to do

n1zm0
02-21-2014, 02:58 PM
where's the dashcam video

Kijho
02-21-2014, 03:05 PM
He should have called at the time of the incident.

Perhaps drinking & driving was the reason for his poor judgement in making the mistake he made which nearly caused an accident.

It's drivers like that (drunk or not) who make these mistakes that end up driving down the wrong side of Glenmore...

:dunno:

max_boost
02-21-2014, 03:25 PM
He did call right after it happened.

I watched the video and yes she cut him off....but! She did signal. His defensive drivers instinct kicked in and he braked which actually left her quite a bit of room to get in front. I guess she can't use the blind spot argument cause she knew her lane was ending (or did she). Anyhow they met up at that next intersection which was a red light, perhaps he should have gotten out of the vehicle to give her a firm talking or throw something at her? haha I think he was a bit shocked that he got caught off like that! OMG! call the cops! haha:thumbsup: :eek:

khanan
02-22-2014, 05:15 PM
This thread is pointless without the video. Almost like nothing even happened...

CanmoreOrLess
02-22-2014, 05:20 PM
You set the universe all in motion when you install a dash cam. Trouble finds you. Perfect.

khanan
02-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
You set the universe all in motion when you install a dash cam. Trouble finds you. Perfect.

So true, something like this is bound to happen anyway.

sSYT6V825gE

egmilano
02-22-2014, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't call, like others have said... police dont actually give a shit and there wasn't an accident anyway...

max_boost
02-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by khanan

So true, something like this is bound to happen anyway.

sSYT6V825gE Holy mother of god. Seriously? Do people get rich off insurance payouts in the mother land?! WTF?!:eek:

I have the video and would post it but I don't want to lose a friend. :rofl:

xnvy
02-22-2014, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I have the video and would post it but I don't want to lose a friend. :rofl: Is the point of this thread to convince us that you have friends IRL and that they're not all on beyond?

Isaiah
02-23-2014, 12:16 AM
What would Brian Boitano do?

MGCM
02-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Holy mother of god. Seriously? Do people get rich off insurance payouts in the mother land?! WTF?!:eek:

not just Russia, worldwide, its retarded, if someone tried that on me I would get out and give them something to complain about

that one where buddy got run over was fucked up, i dont know how to even begin with that clip

snowcat
02-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Let me guess; she honked back at him because it's impossible to be the one in the wrong in Calgary

cloud7
02-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Ya, cops do not care about close calls, even if it happens right in front of them. I almost got hit right in front of a cop by another vehicle that didn't stop fully at a red light before making a right turn. I honked while making an evasive move in order to not hit the guy. I thought the cop would at least pull the guy over, but nope... I guess the cop filled his quota for the month already.

Moonracer
02-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I wouldn't have called because:

1. No accident occurred
2. Police won't give a rat's ass.

This!

Tell your buddy he is the MAN for totally avoiding the accident and move along, nothing to see here. :D