PDA

View Full Version : Protocol for getting furnace fixed in a new home

Canucks3322
02-21-2014, 10:54 PM
My furnace has been working intermitently the past 2 days now and this morning I decided to call Jayman's contact guy for this sort of thing, he calls the furnace installer, who then calls me at 3:30pm saying their on-call guy will call me before he comes tonight. It's now fucking almost 10pm and he hasn't called. I call them and the lady just says "oh well if we called and told you he will come tonight I'm sure he will"...ok, whatever, it could be hella busy tonight, but what should my next step be if doesn't show up? Should I just call my own repair guy and then send Jayman the bill? Can they legally NOT reimburse me? ie. is it only their work covered under my warranty?:whipped: Just wondering if anyone's had to go through this before...this is kind of an emergency as the heat has gone out completely since about 8pm and it's now 22 degrees but I'm worried cuz it's gonna get real cold soon...outside I mean.

A790
02-21-2014, 10:58 PM
So is it a warranty repair you're looking for?

If not, fuck them and call Action Furnace. I've used them in the past for similar circumstances and they always kicked ass... except for one time they couldn't make it when they said they would. In that instance they gave me $500 and put me in a hotel, so can't really complain there...

Canucks3322
02-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Ya, it's warranty repair...been in our Jayman home for 8 months.

No idea wtf is wrong with it...it's flashing 6 times, pressure switch lockout, no clue about these sort of things. Filter is all new. Tried turning off and on countless times now.

I can understand if they're busy but I'm more pissed off about the fucking cunt who answered the phone. She could of at least lied and said she would call the guy and ask where he is and how long he would be. Wrote a bad customer survey for them.

PS... thanks for the recommendation, I'll call them if they don't come by morning...

the_game22
02-22-2014, 12:47 AM
you might have some kind of blockage on the vent lines for your combustion air. Check to see if you have ice or snow covering them. Might be an easy solution. and that is a common problem I think.

Canucks3322
02-22-2014, 01:18 AM
The guy finally came after I called them again at 11....he replaced the pressure switch and it seems to be fine now *knock on wood*...guess I'll know if I don't wake up and feel like Im outside camping...

spike98
02-22-2014, 09:16 AM
I went through 3 pressure switches on my high efficiency carrier before they replaced the control board. No vent or issues at all. Just the board was malfunctioning and killing the pressure switches.

Seth1968
02-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Pressure switches are a common component to fail on a furnace, and they are simple to replace. I keep an extra one that I got online for $14.00. Locally, it costs $120.00.

I also did the same for the logic board ($80.00 online, $320.00 locally) and the flame sensor/ignitor.

blairtruck
02-22-2014, 09:27 AM
pressure switch went in my 3 year old high efficiency Armana last week. called direct energy. they said if it was an emergency they would be there in an hour. we said its okay to show up in the morning. Fixed under warranty in like 10 mins.

the_game22
02-22-2014, 12:55 PM
good idea to keep some spare parts. Which website did you order from?

Canucks3322
02-22-2014, 11:55 PM
$14 versus $120 damn. ..ya it looks easy to do. .