PDA

View Full Version : Shaw cable boxes

LUDELVR
02-23-2014, 01:31 AM
Just seeing how this works. I don't watch a lot of telly but have several tv's around the house. I am with shaw and the gave me 1 box. It's the most basic one with no buttons on it and is tiny. I have not hooked it up and am simply running the coaxial from the wall to the tv's.

I have just hooked up the one box they gave me today and am thinking of getting other boxes for the other tv's but am wondering if I can just buy some of the used boxes on kijiji. As well, is there anything I have to do to hook them up or is it just plug and play?

Finally, is there a huge difference between some of these boxes? Some seem to be a lot larger and have more buttons and features. I don't do any recording and minimal watching. What are the differences?

Cheers.

spike98
02-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Small boxes are SD with no PVR. Then they have HD non-PVR and HD-PVR boxes.

Then the gateway system that has a main box and then smaller receiver boxes that do HD and access the PVR in the main box.

Recca168
02-23-2014, 03:17 AM
You'll have to call shaw to move the boxes onto your account. If you're gonna buy boxes off kijiji ask for the serial number and check the status of that box with shaw first. There's a balance on the old account they won't allow you to use it

Asian_defender
02-23-2014, 03:22 PM
once you get use to having the guide, you'll never go back