PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in a cheap 4g63T?

finboy
02-28-2004, 09:02 PM
pulled one from a 90-91 talon at pick your part and placed it out of sight.

timing belt was CUT by a buddy of mine so no one would touch it, valve cover has been off for a couple weeks, exhaust manifold is missing, but you can PROBABLY get it from them for 120-160ish.

pm me for location i guess, it might still be there tommorow.

ninspeed
02-28-2004, 09:15 PM
hows the head?

finboy
02-28-2004, 09:31 PM
pm back, good luck getting it.

no further pm's from other users please :thumbsup:

ninspeed
02-29-2004, 05:13 PM
well, i took the head, block is craped out... its in a core bin if anybody wants it.. and the compressor went though the windsheild of the comanchee near it :D
And thank you to finboy for doing all the hard dirty work of getting the engine out for me... :D... i owe you a beer or something

T5_X
02-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

And thank you to finboy for doing all the hard dirty work of getting the engine out for me... :D... i owe you a beer or something

lol, just one?

ninspeed
02-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by T5_X

lol, just one?
for now.... i am broke man... damm mac tools truck keeps taking all my money (i should just buy mastercraft or something :D)

finboy
02-29-2004, 08:12 PM
mac tools, bah, go snap on :rofl:

what am i talking about, i only have broken ass canadian tire garbage.

the motor wasn't too bad to pull, 3 bolts and some quick work with a saw and it was out. good luck with your project ;)

hampstor
02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
I saw you guys pulling it today at pick your parts :D

good find!

finboy
02-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
I saw you guys pulling it today at pick your parts :D

good find!

good, but not the best, i still think the full adjustable kyb suspension i found was a sweet score. 40 bucks for 2 struts and 2 shocks with springs :thumbsup:

its amazing the things you find, i've seen kyb suspesion for a rabbit, and audi, among others. picked up a couple turbo dodge intercoolers too.

junkyards are the best.

CelicaST-162
02-29-2004, 10:01 PM

for now.... i am broke man... damm mac tools truck keeps taking all my money (i should just buy mastercraft or something :D)

:werd: Whos your MAC dealer?

R-Audi
02-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by finboy

:

its amazing the things you find, i've seen kyb suspesion for a rabbit, and audi, among others. picked up a couple turbo dodge intercoolers too.

junkyards are the best.

How long ago for the Audi?

finboy
02-29-2004, 11:01 PM
OLD school audi about 4-5 months ago

one of the 2 door hatch backs

ninspeed
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

:werd: Whos your MAC dealer?
Bob Y.

snap on is not welcome in our shop.. they allways refuse warranty cuas body work is to extreme or some bs like that

finboy
03-01-2004, 06:52 PM

Bob Y.

snap on is not welcome in our shop.. they allways refuse warranty cuas body work is to extreme or some bs like that

really? a1 autobody has both :dunno:

ninspeed
03-01-2004, 06:56 PM
brent comes by... he sells to the service guys... but i guess there have been ALOT of problems with snap on and warrenty in the b-shop.. u work at a-1?

finboy
03-01-2004, 09:50 PM
yea, lowly wash boy, it pays for pricey performance parts.

plus i've been grabbing every throw away headlight with projectors, in an effort to make my car unique

ninspeed
03-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by finboy
yea, lowly wash boy, it pays for pricey performance parts.

plus i've been grabbing every throw away headlight with projectors, in an effort to make my car unique
HA HA HA... got alot of thoes kicking around... i keep alot of headlights and body pannels that are not to bent out of shape.. fix them up and use them on some write offs me and one of the bodymen use...

Lowely wash boy eh? i used to do that crap ass job (no offence)...

boostedDsm
03-02-2004, 09:49 PM
how much for motor?

ninspeed
03-02-2004, 10:23 PM
pyp charges 127.99 come to 166 with tax's.. the head was like 30 some

finboy
03-02-2004, 11:11 PM

HA HA HA... got alot of thoes kicking around... i keep alot of headlights and body pannels that are not to bent out of shape.. fix them up and use them on some write offs me and one of the bodymen use...

Lowely wash boy eh? i used to do that crap ass job (no offence)...

the job sucks, but it'll cover me till i'm back working for the city in their best department...the cemetary.

4 day work weeks making 15/hour, driving a golf cart, damn i miss that job :(

CelicaST-162
03-02-2004, 11:17 PM

Bob Y.

My Mac dealer was Irv Woronuik (however you spell it), I would spend all my paycheques in his truck! Why? He would convince me that oh I need this oh I need that....and I would get suckered into it. But hey now If I needed anything now I have it!:D

ninspeed
03-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

My Mac dealer was Irv Woronuik (however you spell it), I would spend all my paycheques in his truck! Why? He would convince me that oh I need this oh I need that....and I would get suckered into it. But hey now If I needed anything now I have it!:D
No pressure from bob... where are you working?

boostedDsm
03-03-2004, 08:34 PM
how much do you want for it?