PDA

View Full Version : Crate and Barrel

loft_man
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Anyone have contacts at Crate and Barrel that can help me out. I'm moving into a house from a condo and realize that I really don't have any furniture. I really like the stuff at Crate and Barrel and am looking for any help since I would probably purchase multiple pieces.

Let me know if you or someone you know can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Phl0xed
02-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Although I can't be of any direct assistance with this issue, I can tell you about my similar experience.

When I moved into my place in 2012, I needed a bunch of furniture as well and didn't want to pay a fortune. My first piece of advice is to 'splurge' on the important items. For me this was couches/bedroom set. Everything else I tried to pickup on the cheap. Though I didn't deal with Crate and Barrel, I ended up being able to swing some reasonable deals with EQ3 due to ordering multiple large items. All I had to do was ask if they could give a discount for ordering a larger order. They were very willing, and I think in the end I ended up saving in the neighborhood of 15 or 16%. Might not seem like a lot, but when you're spending thousands on furniture, it sure adds up fast.

Long story short: Go there, talk to someone who has some pull and tell them you're interested in ordering multiple larger items and was wondering if they'd be able to give you some discount.

Never hurts to ask!

npham
02-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Stick to the weekly sales, and pick up pieces as they go on sale. Unless someone is willing to buy you stuff as an employee, you aren't going to get discounts. I see the same few people, each time we go there, and we don't get any special discounts for having spent $5-10,000 in the last year or so.

I suspect being a box store/chain, they high regulate the discounts/promo codes, on items that are not on sale. Let me know if you get them to bend at all, I'd be shocked if they did.

Lex350
02-27-2014, 12:18 PM
If you have a designer friend that can be good for another 10% off.