PDA

View Full Version : Shaming Calgary's bad drivers with dash cams!

16hypen3sp
02-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Seen this today and immediately had to get on beyond ... Even has a reference to Snowcat!

Is Mr. Monson a beyonder??

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2014/02/25/shaming-calgarys-bad-drivers-with-a-dash-cam-and-youtube/

BerserkerCatSplat
02-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Seen this today and immediately had to get on beyond ... Even has a reference to Snowcat!

Is Mr. Monson a beyonder??

I'd say he is, since he's the only follower of my YT account and I only post vids on Beyond. I do enjoy his channel!

shakalaka
02-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Those Russian videos at the end of the article are awesome.

Tik-Tok
02-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Isn't there someone on here who's user name is J.M. ?

Disoblige
02-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Scat gets a link to his Youtube channel too. He must be happy about that.

Kijho
02-26-2014, 12:27 PM
How ironic would it be to find someone who frequently posts dash-cam footage of bad drivers in another persons dash-cam footage of bad drivers video .... I feel like that shit is gonna happen to me someday and I'll probably just bow my head accepting the defeat :D :D

Dash-Cam-Inception.

16hypen3sp
02-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Kijho
How ironic would it be to find someone who frequently posts dash-cam footage of bad drivers in another persons dash-cam footage of bad drivers.... I feel like that shit is gonna happen to me someday and I'll probably just bow my head accepting the defeat :D :D

Hahaha.. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mibz
02-26-2014, 01:58 PM
How ironic would it be to find someone who frequently posts dash-cam footage of bad drivers in another persons dash-cam footage of bad drivers video .... I feel like that shit is gonna happen to me someday and I'll probably just bow my head accepting the defeat :D :D

Dash-Cam-Inception. Of course it's gonna happen. Everybody makes mistakes, and if you've ever browsed our thread you'd notice that people will post up videos for minor and/or illegitimate shit. I'd be surprised if, in 5 years, every godamn car in Calgary doesn't have a video of them doing something somebody else regarded as questionable.

DEATH2000
02-27-2014, 12:54 AM

Dash-Cam-Inception.
Im kinda glad ive never seen myself in one of these dash cam videos. Its only a matter of time though...

avishal26
02-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by DEATH2000

Im kinda glad ive never seen myself in one of these dash cam videos. Its only a matter of time though...

me too :rofl:

revelations
02-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Compared to what happens to even in Vancouver, these are mild.

Tomaz
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM

You and I both. I figure I will show up eventually... Then between Beyond, Facebook, and my stalking aunt, i'll never hear the end of it. lol

e.widling
02-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Everybody makes mistakes, and if you've ever browsed our thread you'd notice that people will post up videos for minor and/or illegitimate shit.

:werd:

Agreed. The majority of the incidents in Calgary that people post aren't worthy of more than a "well f#$% you" or a little honk and then it's over. I see enough of it in real life everyday I don't need to see someone else's footage too. Also this "citizen police" attitude is BS. People complain about privacy/ surveillance but then we all go strapping cameras everywhere incase we see something we don't like. Maybe I'm just old-school.

colinxx235
02-27-2014, 10:58 AM

haha yah, we all have our bad days or get a bit angry behind the wheel.... I always stop for a second if I see my vehicle model/color being described :rofl:

16hypen3sp
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by e.widling

Agreed. The majority of the incidents in Calgary that people post aren't worthy of more than a "well f#$% you" or a little honk and then it's over. I see enough of it in real life everyday I don't need to see someone else's footage too. Also this "citizen police" attitude is BS. People complain about privacy/ surveillance but then we all go strapping cameras everywhere incase we see something we don't like. Maybe I'm just old-school.

Interesting point about attitudes towards cameras. I rode a motorbike for years before I strapped a GoPro to my helmet. The main reason I put one on is so I had something to go on if somebody hit me. I immediately noticed a change in peoples attitudes. Some people on the street thought it was a great idea. Some passengers would try and be funny and interact with me. Some younger, new drivers in their old rice rockets loved to make a show when they knew they were on camera. And some people (mostly women for some reason) hated it and did not like being recorded and questioned the legality of it.

I guess you don't need a sweet bike if you want to turn heads.... a camera will catch peoples attention.

Khyron
02-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by e.widling

So many people are willing to commit insurance fraud and risk criminal charges now - camera is one way to cover your own ass from being owned.

Add me to the list of "know I'm doomed to be in someones footage soon enough".

ZEDGE
03-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Those Russian videos are crazy. Its like they are all on purpose, no one even tries to stop, how can they drive so bad? :eek:

01RedDX
03-01-2014, 11:36 PM

Graham_A_M
03-02-2014, 10:48 AM
^ Possibly, Id just say their full on retards that were never trained on how to make proper decisions behind the wheel, of estimating time, speed, distance, traction and how it all plays together.

I seen more then a few very poor decisions of people thinking they could make a turn, or do something along those lines, only to end in a horrific accident.

Hallowed_point
03-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Interesting point about attitudes towards cameras. I rode a motorbike for years before I strapped a GoPro to my helmet. The main reason I put one on is so I had something to go on if somebody hit me. I immediately noticed a change in peoples attitudes. Some people on the street thought it was a great idea. Some passengers would try and be funny and interact with me. Some younger, new drivers in their old rice rockets loved to make a show when they knew they were on camera. And some people (mostly women for some reason) hated it and did not like being recorded and questioned the legality of it.

I guess you don't need a sweet bike if you want to turn heads.... a camera will catch peoples attention.

:werd: Same here..I noticed it kept people off my ass and also anyone in a fast car would tend to show off a bit more :D

16hypen3sp
03-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

:werd: Same here..I noticed it kept people off my ass and also anyone in a fast car would tend to show off a bit more :D

Yup. Is that the beyond logo on ur car behind the driver side door? Where did you get that?

Hallowed_point
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Yup. Is that the beyond logo on ur car behind the driver side door? Where did you get that?

Sure is! Kenny sold them to me at a wed meet. I believe that you can get them on facebook

btimbit
03-02-2014, 07:02 PM

Sure is! Kenny sold them to me at a wed meet. I believe that you can get them on facebook

You bet!

https://www.facebook.com/beyondca/app_251458316228

Had 'em on the old fleet as well. I need to order new ones

http://i.imgur.com/oxcC7.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj268/snakes_pit/20130115_140715_zpsf1f9dda1.jpg

Graham_A_M
03-02-2014, 07:12 PM

I am quite honestly amazed nobody has stolen that off your car already, unless you pull it off anytime you leave the car unsupervised for more then a few minutes. :nut:

blairtruck
03-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I am quite honestly amazed nobody has stolen that off your car already, unless you pull it off anytime you leave the car unsupervised for more then a few minutes. :nut:
approx 2 seconds to remove and replace.

01RedDX
03-02-2014, 08:11 PM

Hallowed_point
03-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Nah it was actually a victim of the 2013 floods :cry: But it's very quick to pop the suction cup mount and place it securely in the glove box. Scouring ebay for a good deal on one right now actually. It made a big difference with tail gaters and bumper huggers.

16hypen3sp
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Does kenny make them himself or what? I'm interested in placing an order for some.