PDA

View Full Version : How to Connect Computer Speakers to TV?

Mack10
02-27-2014, 04:12 AM
Anyone know how to connect my computer speakers to my tv? I have some pretty awesome sounding altec lansing speakers and sub and wanted to use them while watching Netflix.

Is it even possible to just turn on the tv and have the sound come from the speakers? TIA

3nergiz3d
02-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Mack10
Anyone know how to connect my computer speakers to my tv? I have some pretty awesome sounding altec lansing speakers and sub and wanted to use them while watching Netflix.

Is it even possible to just turn on the tv and have the sound come from the speakers? TIA

I'm going to guess that the computer speakers are the standard 3.5mm connector. All you really need is a 3.5mm to RCA. This is just a guess but I have a Logitech 2.1 speaker set and have them hooked up this way with no issues. You will need a cable like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000I23TTE/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/186-1116130-6951421

BigDL
02-27-2014, 10:57 AM

A few tv's I owned you can turn off the TV built in speakers.

jacky4566
02-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Its all in the cables man. So long as everything is analog then its super easy.
If you have digital then its gets complicated.

Whats the TV model?
Speaker set model?

You could even run the tv output to your sound card input and run bypass so the computer speakers will pull double duty.

Mack10
02-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by jacky4566
Its all in the cables man. So long as everything is analog then its super easy.
If you have digital then its gets complicated.

Whats the TV model?
Speaker set model?

You could even run the tv output to your sound card input and run bypass so the computer speakers will pull double duty.

The tv is a Panasonic TC-P50U50 and speakers are Altec Lansing VS4621.

I have a 3.5mm to RCA connector, which I run from the AUX port on the speakers to the Audio Out connection on the TV but there is no sound coming to the speakers.

firebane
02-28-2014, 03:13 AM

The tv is a Panasonic TC-P50U50 and speakers are Altec Lansing VS4621.

I have a 3.5mm to RCA connector, which I run from the AUX port on the speakers to the Audio Out connection on the TV but there is no sound coming to the speakers.

Back of the sub has a "Main Input". TV Out goes into this jack.

TV Out RCA -> 3.5mm Adapter -> Main Input

Mack10
02-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by firebane

The main input connects the sub to the speakers. it is not an available connection

Kavy
02-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by firebane

This is the right info.

I have this set and the left speaker connects on the bottom plug and the right speaker with all the controls connects to the middle plug. I then plug my sound card into main input and it works great.

The plug on the front of the right speaker is for small devices like an ipod or similar.

EDIT: I just realized your TV model. There is a good chance you will have to go into your audio settings and turn off your TV speakers for the audio out to work on your TV