PDA

View Full Version : Hi Beyond

IS_5.7
02-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to share my new ride that I will be taking delivery of next week! Just purchased a 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport and am super excited to start driving it and joining this community.

On a side note, I am looking to get some 3M done on the vehicle. Any suggestions on where to get this done?

Thanks Beyond!

n1zm0
02-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by IS_5.7
On a side note, I am looking to get some 3M done on the vehicle. Any suggestions on where to get this done?

Welcome!

Don't dealers offer 3M as an option, I mean not a factory option but a third party comes to the dealer, does the 3M before you take delivery. That's how I remember it when I worked at the dealership. As to where you should get it done in Edmonton, :dunno:

IS_5.7
02-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the response!

I split my time pretty regularly between Edmonton and Calgary with trips back and forth all the time.

Dealer did offer 3M but wasn't willing to budge in price (Got a hell of a deal on the IS :poosie: ) They wanted over $1500 for bumper, hood and side mirrors.

I grew up in Calgary and only recently moved to Edmonton so I would prefer to get things done in Calgary (Who wouldn't:thumbsup: )

Thanks!

rage2
02-27-2014, 01:53 PM
It's typically twice the cost to get the dealer to do it for you. See what other suggests for Edmonton (I only know Calgary installers), book an appointment for day of delivery, drive it straight there and drop it off.

heavyD
02-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the response!

I split my time pretty regularly between Edmonton and Calgary with trips back and forth all the time.

Dealer did offer 3M but wasn't willing to budge in price (Got a hell of a deal on the IS :poosie: ) They wanted over $1500 for bumper, hood and side mirrors.

I grew up in Calgary and only recently moved to Edmonton so I would prefer to get things done in Calgary (Who wouldn't:thumbsup: )

Thanks!

Ha ha. They actually wanted $1500 for a package you could get at Shadow Tinting for $650. Was it special Lexus film?:rofl:

98type_r
02-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Ha ha. They actually wanted $1500 for a package you could get at Shadow Tinting for $650. Was it special Lexus film?:rofl:

Shadow Tint job + standard dealer markup.

pheoxs
02-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Dealers typically send the car out to get done anyways so you have some tech driving your car / possibly bagging it, then the shop does the work and another joyride back. Then the dealer takes the bill and marks it up so they get their profit.

Just find a good shop to get it done and avoid doing it at the dealer. In Edmonton you can check out Car Pretty, I know a few of the guys that work there and they do a really good job and actually care about what they do unlike some other shops.

Auto Obsessed is great as well but a bit more pricey. But you'll also probably get to see a lambo or ferrari in there while you're there.

IS_5.7
02-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
Dealers typically send the car out to get done anyways so you have some tech driving your car / possibly bagging it, then the shop does the work and another joyride back. Then the dealer takes the bill and marks it up so they get their profit.

Thanks pheoxs.

That's what I was worried about as well. Obviously spending the money is one thing but I don't mind spending for quality.

I would prefer to have a shop where I could drop it off and pick it up without the need for anyone to really drive the car other than myself.

My first ever car was a 2008 Mazda6 that I have been beating around until now and going into a nicer car makes me want to appreciate it that much more.

Thanks once again for the feedback. Much Appreciated.:thumbsup:

pheoxs
02-27-2014, 03:52 PM

Thanks pheoxs.

That's what I was worried about as well. Obviously spending the money is one thing but I don't mind spending for quality.

I would prefer to have a shop where I could drop it off and pick it up without the need for anyone to really drive the car other than myself.

My first ever car was a 2008 Mazda6 that I have been beating around until now and going into a nicer car makes me want to appreciate it that much more.

Thanks once again for the feedback. Much Appreciated.:thumbsup:

In Edmonton it would be Car Pretty or Auto Obsessed, I've taken my car to both of them for work and both shops do great work.

Asian_defender
02-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to share my new ride that I will be taking delivery of next week! Just purchased a 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport and am super excited to start driving it and joining this community.

Thanks Beyond!

Congrats, welcome to the Lexus club :clap:

IS_5.7
02-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome to the Lexus Club :thumbsup:

I know a lot of people have differing opinions on the IS350 but I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.

In the end, as long as it makes me happy to drive it then what else matters, right?

Thanks again!

Cos
02-27-2014, 07:14 PM

dubhead
02-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the response!

Same here just moved up this spring

jcox20
02-27-2014, 11:43 PM
I had my 3M done at firestorm automotive and am happy with it, ~9 months of use so far.

shakalaka
02-28-2014, 09:02 AM
I got my C350 tinted at Ziebart in Edmonton and they did a good job. I know they do 3M work as well. That being said they aren't exactly cheap as the tinting was close to $500 if I remember correctly.

I took my current car to Icon in Calgary for tinting and they did an amazing job as well and their prices are competitive. They do a lot of 3M work as well. You sound like you're in the same position as me, going back and forth between Edmonton and Calgary all the time.

IS_5.7
02-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I got my C350 tinted at Ziebart in Edmonton and they did a good job. I know they do 3M work as well. That being said they aren't exactly cheap as the tinting was close to $500 if I remember correctly.

Just talked to Ziebart and they quoted me only 700 for the 3m. The reviews seem good and the person I just talked to was very helpful.

The vehicle is white in colour. I have heard that 3m could potentially yellow on a white car. Is this something I need to worry about? The car will be parked underground 95% of the time with frequent detailing.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

shakalaka
02-28-2014, 11:36 AM
It does yellow over time but if you maintain it and clean it regularly then you shouldn't have a problem. I get my 3M detailed every now and then and that keeps it looking like new.

heavyD
02-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
It does yellow over time but if you maintain it and clean it regularly then you shouldn't have a problem. I get my 3M detailed every now and then and that keeps it looking like new.

Yeah in my experience (two white cars with it going on my 3rd) it will always yellow to some degree on a white car but that depends on how frequently you clean and wax it. If you maintain it well it will only slightly yellow but if you never clean/wax it can turn out pretty nasty.