PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic in Whitecourt?

btimbit
03-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Looking for recommendation. My little sister just started work up there as an EMT and of course on her first day of work her car breaks. She's away on a site with a company truck for now but would like to get it fixed ASAP so she's not stuck in friggin' whitecourt for any longer than nessesary.

It's an '05 Nissan Xtrail, possibly cracked block. I don't know anyone up there and I'm not able to go check it out myself either.

Looking for recommendations for a mechanic that does quality work and won't try and rip off a 20 year old girl. I'm getting information second hand so no idea what work is required or what the problem is.

Thanks guys

brucebanner
03-04-2014, 12:26 AM
I know a couple guys the live up there, I'll ask and see who they say.

brucebanner
03-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Fountain tire ask for Darryl. Could also try JSR Mechanical. Apparently stay away from the dodge dealer.

btimbit
03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by bruceod
Fountain tire ask for Darryl. Could also try JSR Mechanical. Apparently stay away from the dodge dealer.

Good to know, thanks a lot!:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
03-05-2014, 09:29 PM
^ Yeah, back when I had to endure the misfortune of living there, Ive heard non-stop good things about the Fountain Tire there. Countless locals swore by that place, as they do wicked work, kind of like the Minute Muffler on 32nd we have here.

I also heard to avoid the Dodge dealership (although I forget what their called). There was another place that did excellent work, but I forget what their called, mainly because that was 7 years ago lol.
:banghead:

The GM dealership is fairly decent as well. (Although more pricey then FT obviously) Failing Fountain Tire, I'd recommend going there.

btimbit
03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks Graham. On CP I was recommended Glenn's Service and Repair, could that be the one you're thinking of?

Lots of mentions for Fountain Tire, I'll tell her to give them a call

Thanks again guys