PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Jeep Renegade

speedog
03-04-2014, 06:16 PM
2015 Jeep Renegade - oh, what are they doing to another Jeep's looks

Story here (http://jalopnik.com/2015-jeep-renegade-this-is-it-1534601079).

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge/19hathei92w0vjpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge/19hbucyh1o2b2jpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge/19hbucyh20pbijpg.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/140303113949-jeep-renegade-2015-620xa.jpg

Tik-Tok
03-04-2014, 06:18 PM
ren·e·gade
ˈreniˌgād/
noun
noun: renegade; plural noun: renegades

a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.

Hmmm, seems about right.

jdmXSI
03-04-2014, 06:33 PM
looks like some kind of a hideous combination between a Kia Soul, Subaru XV and a Nissan Cube... :barf:

ercchry
03-04-2014, 06:35 PM
i dont even....

JustinMCS
03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Looks better than the god awful Cherokee they put out. I like it.

speedog
03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
looks like some kind of a hideous combination between a Kia Soul, Subaru XV and a Nissan Cube... :barf:

Oh there's some FJ in there as well

dino_martini
03-04-2014, 06:47 PM
I like it :dunno: I also like the look of the new Cherokee as well. :thumbsup: to the Jeep/Fiat design people

Cos
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM

BerserkerCatSplat
03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Looks good to me! Interesting fact: its exterior dimensions are extremely close to the XJ Cherokee.

I'm looking forward to seeing what prices end up being, as this (apparently) will replace both the Patriot and Compass.

Originally posted by Cos
looks like a gwiz to me.

Sure, inasmuch as they both happen to have four wheels and pair of headlights. What are you smoking? :rofl:

euro_racer
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
what...the...fuck...:banghead:

schocker
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Looks better than the cherokee but still gross. Why couldn't we just have an awd panda!

Unknown303
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM
SFA swap and it would be legendary.

Cos
03-04-2014, 07:44 PM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-04-2014, 07:52 PM
I kinda agree with Cos, I see some similarities.

flipstah
03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Cos is drunk :rofl:

Unknown303
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Cos is drunk :rofl:
Yeah other than 4 wheels and having round headlights I see nothing else in common.

Albertosaurus
03-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Glad to see Kei Cars being accepted

Dumbass17
03-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
Looks better than the god awful Cherokee they put out. I like it.
are you high!??!

the cherokee is so nice, i would love to own one!!

Sugarphreak
03-04-2014, 10:27 PM

corsvette
03-04-2014, 10:41 PM
This is still 10x better than the Caliber biased Compass!

schocker
03-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Really? I have seen a few in traffic the past couple of days and they look like ass... the XJ was a way nicer looking Jeep
It's those squinty racist headlights and the folded over grill that get to me.

JRSC00LUDE
03-05-2014, 09:19 AM
The Jeff GRAND Cherokee looks great, the other ones have the worst front end ever. Well, until this thing came out.....

Tik-Tok
03-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
The Jeff GRAND Cherokee looks great, the other ones have the worst front end ever. Well, until this thing came out.....

Is that a Chinese knock-off?

G-ZUS
03-05-2014, 09:32 AM
:barf:

MalibuStacy
03-05-2014, 09:36 AM
I kinda like it actually

sputnik
03-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Not a huge fan of the big D pillar and upswept rear door line but other than that I think it looks kind of neat.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by schocker

It's those squinty racist headlights and the folded over grill that get to me.

Is it the headlights that are racist, or you that's racist towards the headlights :P

schocker
03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Is it the headlights that are racist, or you that's racist towards the headlights :P
It's the headlights, 100% racist car.

flipstah
03-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

are you high!??!

the cherokee is so nice, i would love to own one!!

I actually had an eye for the new GC but after sitting in one and test-driving, I wasn't that thrilled.

Also, they age quite quickly. It's the futuristic shape and how it tends to lose interest after time, just like the Rogue/Murano when they first came out.

Mitsu3000gt
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
First the Cherokee and than this :barf:

The Grand Cherokee looks better, but is still very underwhelming as soon as you get behind the wheel.

Dumbass17
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

I actually had an eye for the new GC but after sitting in one and test-driving, I wasn't that thrilled.

Also, they age quite quickly. It's the futuristic shape and how it tends to lose interest after time, just like the Rogue/Murano when they first came out.

Really? I have seen a few in traffic the past couple of days and they look like ass... the XJ was a way nicer looking Jeep

MY BAD MY BAD.
I didn't realize there was even a Cherokee, I thought they were all grand Cherokees!

r3ccOs
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
if it had a sprung over suspension with solid front/rear axels and a transfer case, I'd be all over it

FraserB
03-07-2014, 11:50 AM
The Cherokee is going to sell like crazy, especially the Trailhawk. The Renegade might not do too well in NA, but I think it will do well overseas.

In regards to the solid axle argument, you'll never see them under any Jeep again (with the exception of the Wrangler).

Unknown303
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
The Wrangler is supposed to be losing the solid axles as well according to some rumor mills for the next model update.

FraserB
03-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
The Wrangler is supposed to be losing the solid axles as well according to some rumor mills for the next model update.

I'd seriously question that. Most of those rumors are mostly being spread by people who think that Jeep could survive by selling to people who will modify and offroad their vehicle.

heavyD
03-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
The Cherokee is going to sell like crazy, especially the Trailhawk. The Renegade might not do too well in NA, but I think it will do well overseas.

In regards to the solid axle argument, you'll never see them under any Jeep again (with the exception of the Wrangler).

Agreed. I think the Cherokee is the best looking CUV out there right now and the Trailhawk is the best value out there. Only thing keeping my from buying one would be the 9-speed transmission that is unproven.

ercchry
03-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Agreed. I think the Cherokee is the best looking CUV out there right now and the Trailhawk is the best value out there. Only thing keeping my from buying one would be the 9-speed transmission that is unproven.

then i guess you havent drove one? :rofl:

it rides like a hybrid between a one ton truck... and a shitty tuner car with blown coilovers... harsh, yet still bouncy... also gutless with the smaller engine, touch screen blows too, felt like i was going to put my finger through it just so it would respond

Kloubek
03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I hate that.

Like, I legitimately detest that design. Does the Jeep heritage no justice whatsoever.

A790
03-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

it rides like a hybrid between a one ton truck... and a shitty tuner car with blown coilovers... harsh, yet still bouncy... also gutless with the smaller engine, touch screen blows too, felt like i was going to put my finger through it just so it would respond
lol I don't know what Cherokee you've driven, but my Trailhawk's auto is smooth and not busy, the touch screen is fast and responsive, and the ride is fine. I haven't had any issues in the last 5,000km in mine.

ercchry
03-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by A790

lol I don't know what Cherokee you've driven, but my Trailhawk's auto is smooth and not busy, the touch screen is fast and responsive, and the ride is fine. I haven't had any issues in the last 5,000km in mine.

i guess we have different standards :poosie:

it was a sport though, with winter pack... which gives it slightly uncomfortably warm steering wheel and seats

A790
03-07-2014, 02:59 PM

i guess we have different standards :poosie:

it was a sport though, with winter pack... which gives it slightly uncomfortably warm steering wheel and seats
Well, I think a lot of it is subjective. We found the touch screen more responsive than every other option available from competitors. The touch screen responds as fast as my iPad does. I don't find it sluggish/non-responsive at all.

My only complaint with the Cherokee Trailhawk actually is that sometimes the auto-start doesn't register and I have to push the button again.

ercchry
03-07-2014, 03:05 PM
im not talking about the processing time of the touchscreen, but the physical screen itself... i'd press it like i would on my old rubicon and it wouldnt do shit... then i'd press it as hard as i could without feeling like i was going to crack it... and it would MAYBE work... but yeah biggest gripe is the suspension for sure, the struts were not tuned right at all for the springs, and the springs were way too heavy.

also all 4cyl econo boxes feel like shit to me... you get that whole lots of noise blender thing going but the speedo just doesnt climb :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-07-2014, 03:11 PM
I read somewhere that the new Cherokee is near impossible to lift the way they designed the suspension, if that's true that's a big downer.

A790
03-07-2014, 03:19 PM
im not talking about the processing time of the touchscreen, but the physical screen itself... i'd press it like i would on my old rubicon and it wouldnt do shit... then i'd press it as hard as i could without feeling like i was going to crack it... and it would MAYBE work... but yeah biggest gripe is the suspension for sure, the struts were not tuned right at all for the springs, and the springs were way too heavy.

also all 4cyl econo boxes feel like shit to me... you get that whole lots of noise blender thing going but the speedo just doesnt climb :rofl:
lol that's why I got the 270hp V6 ;)

Maybe the screen you used was defective? Mine has no issue registering inputs.

As far as suspension goes, I don't mind it at all but I suppose that's a subjective thing.

ercchry
03-07-2014, 03:20 PM
you may also have something different than the sports... but trust me, that shit isnt subjective... its not balanced what-so-ever

Sugarphreak
03-07-2014, 06:05 PM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Why would you lift it though? It isn't exactly a trail beast... it is an urban commuter with a bit of ground clearance for mall curbs and snow

Not I personally but I'm sure there's people out there that would. I still want another XJ, so hard to find a good one.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-07-2014, 06:37 PM
If you want what amounts to an XJ you can buy new off the dealer lot... buy a Wrangler Unlimited. It's like a Cherokee you can take the top off of.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
If you want what amounts to an XJ you can buy new off the dealer lot... buy a Wrangler Unlimited. It's like a Cherokee you can take the top off of.

I would never offroad a new truck myself personally, but my girlfriends Wrangler...I plan to steal and take out to McLean and Waiprous.

heavyD
03-10-2014, 07:50 AM

I have but I have a feeling you haven't and are making that up as everything you said is completely incorrect unless the 4-cyl models are completely stripped down and different from the loaded models. IMO it blows away the 2014 Subaru Forrester XT. Better ride far superior Navigation system (Dodges system is one of the best you will find in a mid level car) and an overall higher quality interior. The XT's turbo engine did feel stronger but I preferred the 9 speed auto to the CVT. At the end of the day my wife bought an Outback because I couldn't convince her not to and we got a smoking deal but of all the vehicles we drove the Cherokee was IMO the best value and the most capable for off road. We drove the Limited and if I was to purchase one I would have opted for the less expensive but more capable Trailhawk that wasn't available for test drive when we were looking. Fantastic vehicle and maybe the only thing that would hold me back from buying one is the reliability of the unproven 9-speed auto as it is a Dodge after all.