PDA

View Full Version : Carzilla review

Hallowed_point
03-07-2014, 07:27 PM
I went to Carzilla for the first time after work today. I was very impressed with the owner, Chris Lee. He is extremely knowledgeable with regards to the products he sells as well as how to get the best results with the product specifically.

I ended up spending double what I'd planned on, but I've already tried out the pre soak sprayer and it is unreal.

Kind of an odd location, but well worth the trip.

relyt92
03-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah location is definitely weird. Went there back when they first opened and also spent twice what I planned after talking with Chris there.

rlim891
03-10-2014, 01:09 PM
CarZilla is a good friend of ours, we buy alot of our products there since we cater the premium side of detailing.

Prices are competitive and services are great.

And if they dont have a particular product in stock, let Chris know and he'll order them in for you.

I have used most of the stuff there, if you need any feedback let me know.

The EX-P sealant is good but I would go for Menzerna Powerlock instead because it last longer and very very to take off.

gpomp
03-10-2014, 01:19 PM
^he doesn't sell Menzerna products AFAIK

rlim891
03-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
^he doesn't sell Menzerna products AFAIK

Yeah unfortunately.... but I have been asking him to bring them in, right now the only ones that carries Menzerna are Auto Obsessed and eShine.

fyi, Chris is getting in some CarPro products, they make a water-based spray-on glass membrane coating, its called CarPro Reload.

No long cure time, lasts about 2-3 months and it gives a gloss better than the opti-seal.

Hallowed_point
03-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by rlim891
The EX-P sealant is good but I would go for Menzerna Powerlock instead because it last longer and very very to take off.

Thanks. Is it a bad idea to layer some NXT 2.0 on top of the EX-P?
Or other wax etc. Just to give it more shine and durability. I'll look into that Powerlock as well.

gpomp
03-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Is it a bad idea to layer some NXT 2.0 on top of the EX-P? There's no point, both are sealants. You can put them on different panels and see how they perform after a few weeks/months.

Hallowed_point
03-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
There's no point, both are sealants. You can put them on different panels and see how they perform after a few weeks/months.

Fair enough..good point. I may give that a go!

rlim891
03-10-2014, 03:49 PM

Thanks. Is it a bad idea to layer some NXT 2.0 on top of the EX-P?
Or other wax etc. Just to give it more shine and durability. I'll look into that Powerlock as well.

no, as gpomp mentioned they are both sealant. They all do the same thing really..just comes down to which one last longer....

What you should do is top up a layer of carnauba wax on top of the sealant to give it a more deep shine...

Hallowed_point
03-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rlim891
no, as gpomp mentioned they are both sealant. They all do the same thing really..just comes down to which one last longer....

What you should do is top up a layer of carnauba wax on top of the sealant to give it a more deep shine...

Good advice. Would a cheap liquid wax like gold class work (contains carnauba I believe) or would a solid hand applied wax be better in your opinion?

rlim891
03-10-2014, 04:05 PM

Good advice. Would a cheap liquid wax like gold class work (contains carnauba I believe) or would a solid hand applied wax be better in your opinion?

both will do as long as it has carnauba...
liquid or paste really comes down to personal preference...

Next time you go visit Chris as him for some sample on zymol waxes....let him know Rainer with Shine Revolution sent ya...and make him give you some discounts :)

HiSpec
03-10-2014, 05:00 PM
I went to Carzilla for the first time after work today. I was very impressed with the owner, Chris Lee. He is extremely knowledgeable with regards to the products he sells as well as how to get the best results with the product specifically.

I ended up spending double what I'd planned on, but I've already tried out the pre soak sprayer and it is unreal.

Kind of an odd location, but well worth the trip.

Visited Carzilla last year when they first opened. Chris is definitely a great guy and definitely knowledgeable.

Nice pick up on those polishing and fining pads!

On your next trip to Carzilla, I would recommend to pick up a couple microfiber pads for the heavier defects.

The pre-soaker is awesome for degreaser (eg engine bay, door jam/hinges, wheel wells...) I got mine from Home Depot a few years ago. Definitely a must have for any detailer.

Inzane
03-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Its nice to see EX-P still getting some love.

I think it's a great looking sealant. Not the longest lasting by any stretch, but it definitely gives a nice wet look.

Hallowed_point
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Inzane
Its nice to see EX-P still getting some love.

I think it's a great looking sealant. Not the longest lasting by any stretch, but it definitely gives a nice wet look.

No kidding, I'm really impressed with the Poor Boys Black Hole & EX-P. I thought I'd have to layer some carnauba over the EX-P, but my 16 year old red paint was glowing afterwards. The PB products also smell amazing..grape and coconut :drool:

Offroad
03-24-2014, 02:06 PM

No kidding, I'm really impressed with the Poor Boys Black Hole & EX-P. I thought I'd have to layer some carnauba over the EX-P, but my 16 year old red paint was glowing afterwards. The PB products also smell amazing..grape and coconut :drool:

So what day do I drop the twin off and you will have it done when ? :D

KRyn
03-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Hopefully the weather improves. I want to make a visit to Carzilla to pick up some things for a spring detailing. Thanks for the reviews and information!

bowlofrice
03-24-2014, 05:42 PM

oh god, everytime i open up my jar of poorboys blue from them i seriously want to take a bite out of it hahah.

Ps. Chris is the shit and i am shopping there for any and all detailing products until i die

Hallowed_point
03-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Offroad

So what day do I drop the twin off and you will have it done when ? :D

Pick a day, bring it over and I'll loan you my dual action polisher & all the supplies needed, even microfibers :D

schocker
03-25-2014, 09:21 AM
I will stop by to pick some things up once it is nicer out so I can finally clean the TSX :rofl:

rlim891
04-04-2014, 10:53 AM

They carry carpro stuff now, try the CarPro Reload which works great if you opti-coated it....or the CG Wet Mirror Finish for that extra 'wet, glossy' look.

Amysicle
04-05-2014, 06:57 PM

BlueHaloGirl
04-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I stopped in yesterday on my way home from work and grabbed some stuff to clean and shine up my car. So many choices and yes Chris was very knowledgeable as I'm new to the detailing. I'm looking forward to some nice days so I can give my car the bath she deserves.