PDA

View Full Version : BOOM! Impact.

16hypen3sp
03-10-2014, 05:12 PM
So a few days ago, I'm driving about 30 yards behind a grey Hyundai when I see a red Chevy start to back out of her drive way. I'm expecting to see brake lights on the Hyundai but it wasn't to be. Chev came flying out and they hit. I got out and seen if everyone was alright. Woman was in a tad bit of shock, guy driving the Hyundai was calm.

What really irks me tho is I walked out of my house and was thinking about mounting my dash cam but then decided that nothing exciting would happen... So I didn't mount it. Shitty I know.

Pic of aftermath below.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1798301_10152096602053052_1349911033_n.jpg

spikerS
03-10-2014, 05:16 PM
she has a nice bum, wonder if she needs consoling.

osspasha
03-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by spikers

+1

Graham_A_M
03-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind "rear ending her" any day of the week. :D Lol its odd, when I was 19 I got into a shared fault accident with this bombshell who was my age at the time, I never thought getting into accidents would be a great way of meeting girls. :rofl:

desto2para
03-10-2014, 11:31 PM
So who's at fault, just curious?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm guessing the Hyundai ? Her driveway is technically an uncontrolled intersection.

Lustypad
03-10-2014, 11:48 PM
When leaving private property you have to yield all traffic, including bike and pedestrians. Car leaving driveway is 100% at fault every time.

D. Dub
03-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Lustypad
When leaving private property you have to yield all traffic, including bike and pedestrians. Car leaving driveway is 100% at fault every time.

Unless, of course, you can prove the other driver was driving at an excessive speed, didn't have their lights on, etc.

btimbit
03-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by spikers

I'd give'r a poke

adidas
03-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Time to change the windshield.

GQBalla
03-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Why would so expect the Hyundai to stop. I never yield to people coming out of their driveway

FraserB
03-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

Unless, of course, you can prove the other driver was driving at an excessive speed, didn't have their lights on, etc.

Irrelevant.

D. Dub
03-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Irrelevant.

You apparently don't understand the legal concepts of fault, negligence and liability.

firebane
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

You apparently don't understand the legal concepts of fault, negligence and liability.

Driveways is like following to close to another person.

Its the person in the drive to stop and yield to any and ALL incoming traffic whether it be a car, kid, bike, whatever.

You stop paying attention and run into the back of another car your going to be liable and blamed.

Can a person be blamed for getting hit when a car is coming out of a driveway? Sure. You can see the reverse lights on if your paying attention and I'm sure you'd know right quick if they were going to be stopping.

But it still falls onto the driver in the driveway.

16hypen3sp
03-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Why would so expect the Hyundai to stop. I never yield to people coming out of their driveway

I expected him to stop because the Chev was in the middle of the street for a long ass time before he started braking (and braking too late).... it was almost as if his attention was elsewhere and not on the road. He could have clearly seen the Chev backing out and sitting in the street.

I'm not siding with the Chev tho. I do believe the Chev is in the wrong here.

16hypen3sp
03-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Time to change the windshield.

Hahaha... I was waiting for this comment and was surprised it took this long for someone to say it.

Yes the windshield has some cracks... There is no way I would even ponder the notion of changing it at this time of year.

Seth1968
03-12-2014, 08:11 AM
This occurrence happens constantly in parking lots. That is, a driver tries to back out of a stall while only looking in one direction or just their rear view mirror.

Disoblige
03-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968
This occurrence happens constantly in parking lots. That is, a driver tries to back out of a stall while only looking in one direction or just their rear view mirror.
Yeah lol. It's funny because sometimes when I'm in a parking lot waiting for a spot or whatever, I see the driver only look towards where they want to back out to, and I think to myself.. Yep, he/she is lucky no car or person was coming from the other side.