PDA

View Full Version : Apple Iphone Replacement

Euro838
03-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

Just had a question regarding my replacement iphone that I got from Apple store.

Here's the short, Apple Iphone had antenna issues so they gave me a replacement. My Iphone was a bell/virgin locked one. I didn't have my sim card with me. The guy gave me a new iphone from their stock and only turned it on to make sure that it did turn on. I have not put a sim in it yet.

My question is, for these replacements, do they lock to the first sim provider that is put into the phone? I did some search and it appears this is the case but just want to know if anyone can confirm this or do they already know that the iPhone I had before was bell/virgin and this one will automatically lock to them regardless of what sim i put in. Thanks.

desto2para
03-12-2014, 11:39 AM
I got my 5 replaced last week too...
From what he told me they have a bunch of phones from different providers that they have already have locked.
But I'm curious to know too.

rage2
03-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Your "lock" is determined by your serial number. When you get a new phone it transfers the locks over.

Euro838
03-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Oh okay. Makes sense as they didn't ask me what provider I was on. They basically just gave me a new iphone and sent me on my way. Since I am supposed to be on virgin/bell, I throw in a Rogers sim to confirm. Thanks.