PDA

View Full Version : Nolan vs Panorama

chinostyles
03-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Looking to buy a house but I'm torn between these two communities.

If the house price, square footage and specs are roughly the same, which community would you choose?

Panorama - better transit to downtown, schools in community, exterior finish on houses don't look modern

Nolan - looking like a high end neighbourhood, easy access to stoney trail and beacon hill but close to spy hill though

CapnCrunch
03-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Probably Panorama, only because there are a ton of amenities.

jabjab
03-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Panaroma is so confusing with finding addresses. I'd say Nolan would be better

Type_S1
03-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Mine as well move to airdrie if you buy in Nolan. Stick to panorama. It's a desired community...sh!t sells fast there.

403ep3
03-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Nolan isn't really that far off of panorama..

I find the prices at nolan quite high for some of the features and square footage they have.

schocker
03-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Mine as well move to airdrie if you buy in Nolan. Stick to panorama. It's a desired community...sh!t sells fast there.
Its not that much farther north.....

I also have found that the house prices are pretty high for nolan compared to say sage hill. I do not like it's proximity to the dump, though beacon hill is only 30s away!

jwslam
03-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Why not comparing to stuff in between i.e. Sage and Evanston too?
Are you looking at new build or existing?

Originally posted by chinostyles
Panorama - schools in community
I'm not there in life yet =)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Panorama.

chinostyles
03-18-2014, 08:46 AM
didn't really consider evanston because of the 1 road in/out of the community

sage hill's community seems too small. I worry about the future house value. For example, Macewan and Sandstone. They're still relatively cheap neighbourhoods compared to something like edgemont or hamptons.

Type_S1
03-18-2014, 09:05 AM
If you drive downtown it will take you 10 minutes less to get to Airdrie compared to Nolan Hill during rush hour. Panorama is about the same.

I agree house prices are pretty high for what you get. If you are focusing on re-sale Panorama is where you want to buy. It is an established community. Talk to any realtor and they will tell you that houses sell fast there. Take a look at Panorama Esatates if you want higher end homes.

I don't like these communities that are so far out (Sage, Evanston, Nolan, Skyview) because you have to pay crazy property taxes compared to a place like Airdrie and are just as far away from everything.

schocker
03-18-2014, 09:12 AM
^^ sage and nolan used to be far away from everything but now that shaghanappi and sarcee are open, also quick access to stoney, I haven't had issues. Downtown for example, door to door 25 minutes in rush hour.

CapnCrunch
03-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by jabjab
Panaroma is so confusing with finding addresses. I'd say Nolan would be better

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to constantly get lost trying to find the home he bought there.

"Now where do I live again?"

:rofl:

403ep3
03-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
If you drive downtown it will take you 10 minutes less to get to Airdrie compared to Nolan Hill during rush hour. Panorama is about the same.

I agree house prices are pretty high for what you get. If you are focusing on re-sale Panorama is where you want to buy. It is an established community. Talk to any realtor and they will tell you that houses sell fast there. Take a look at Panorama Esatates if you want higher end homes.

I don't like these communities that are so far out (Sage, Evanston, Nolan, Skyview) because you have to pay crazy property taxes compared to a place like Airdrie and are just as far away from everything.

Not sure if I just got used to traveling from sage but nothing is really that far away. I can get onto crowchild in less than 10, foothills hospital in 15-20mins, and onto deerfoot in less than 10.

No problem here!

I do agree that panorama has an established community but I wanted a newer/new house when I was looking.

flipstah
03-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Panorama. More established.

guessboi
03-18-2014, 12:13 PM
You can still build in Panorama...there are still some lots left.

jabjab
03-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
You can still build in Panorama...there are still some lots left.

Which builders?

CapnCrunch
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by jabjab

Which builders?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=home+builders+in+panorama+calgary

jabjab
03-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=home+builders+in+panorama+calgary

Most of the builders sites are out of date for what lots they have which is why I asked which builders. Perhaps the person who posted lives in Panaroma and could let us know what he/she seen.

guessboi
03-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Excel - lots, Shane - probably a few left from what I know.
Not sure about Cardel.

Dj_DLX
03-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Shane has one lot left

chinostyles
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Both excel and shane have lots left in panorama. From what ive seen expect to pay 550k to 600+ for the homes with basic upgrades like hardwood and granite in limited areas.

How is excel as a builder?

jwslam
03-18-2014, 03:11 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/377907/homes-by-avi-stepper-homes-or-excel-homes/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/374341/calgary-and-area-home-builders-who-would-you-use/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/316175/excel-homes-opinions/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220305/excel-homes/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/209025/builders-to-avoid/

Dj_DLX
03-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Both excel and shane have lots left in panorama. From what ive seen expect to pay 550k to 600+ for the homes with basic upgrades like hardwood and granite in limited areas.

Shane has one lot left and according to their website it's going to be a spec home.

Cedarglen also has a bunch of spec homes in the area.

If you're looking for a smaller lot I think Cardel and Excel should still have lots.

Arcuri and Excel still have some larger walkout lots that back onto green space but Excel isn't a custom builder so you'd be stuck with their current floor plans.

BigShow
03-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Panorama Hills no question.

henry07
03-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Excel homes has a few lots left to build brand new in the last phase. Starting price would be at $520k.

Originally posted by Dj_DLX

Shane has one lot left and according to their website it's going to be a spec home.

Cedarglen also has a bunch of spec homes in the area.

If you're looking for a smaller lot I think Cardel and Excel should still have lots.

Arcuri and Excel still have some larger walkout lots that back onto green space but Excel isn't a custom builder so you'd be stuck with their current floor plans.

georgemagana
03-19-2014, 12:51 AM
I went for Nolan Hill. I like how it is between the Royal Oak mall, Beacon Hill and Creek side and prices didnt seem that bad. The one thing I dont like is how close it is to Spy hill. You can get an 1800-2000sqft house for 470-500k

chinostyles
03-21-2014, 10:45 PM
I do like panorama but the floor plans with excel are not that great. Anyone heard of or built with pacesetters by sterling homes?:closed:

Dj_DLX
03-24-2014, 11:58 AM
I do like panorama but the floor plans with excel are not that great. Anyone heard of or built with pacesetters by sterling homes?:closed:

If you like panorama and can afford it, Arcuri is 100% custom and can build any floor plan you want. I don't think they even have any standard floor plans.

funkytuqe
03-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Excell and Cardel have some new lot opening up, i'ts on the last phase. Looks like the Shane lots are pretty much used up except for one or two.

The new construction is just off of the 14th st turn from stoney trial.

TurboK
07-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Cedarglen, Excel, Landmark, Shane and Arcuri still build in Panorama although it looks like there are few lots left. There are 10 quick possession homes available though.

http://newhomescentral.com/community/panorama-hills/?page=about