PDA

View Full Version : 981 Cayman/Boxster GTS

schocker
03-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Porsche announced these two new models this morning.

Each model gets a 15hp bump, revised faschias, sport exhaust, PASM, PDLS, some blacked out lights, the good 20" wheels (Carrera S) and I think some different seats. Basically it is about $10k more for about $12k+ in desierable options. Seems pretty good and in Cayman GTS trim, has 340hp like the base carrera! Doesn't start on fire though....

Now to wait for the 991 GTS!

www.autoblog.com/2014/03/19/porsche-boxster-gts-cayman-gts-official/

http://i.imgur.com/qfuRC8B.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ckAkscn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YE4e47R.jpg

KRyn
03-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Loving what Porsche is putting out these days, minus the self igniting cars. :rofl:

Disoblige
03-19-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm still used to cars with the screen in the center console. I think it looks better too.

A790
03-19-2014, 11:26 AM
I love the Cayman, but when I saw it for 112k at the auto show I was really shocked. It's amazing how much you can option one out to...

schocker
03-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by A790
I love the Cayman, but when I saw it for 112k at the auto show I was really shocked. It's amazing how much you can option one out to...
Porsche just lets you choose whatever options you want which is nice, carbon whatever, alcantera whatever, custom colors, leather everything, PCCB, etc.
:D

The best cayman I have seen though is Gabe of Valve:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/987-981-forum/762489-2014-porsche-cayman-thread-991-conversion.html

991 C2S swapped w/ X-51 power kit and C2S brakes :burnout:

94boosted
03-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by schocker

The best cayman I have seen though is Gabe of Valve:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/987-981-forum/762489-2014-porsche-cayman-thread-991-conversion.html

991 C2S swapped w/ X-51 power kit and C2S brakes :burnout:

Freaking amazing :drool: :drool: I wish Porsche would make this car.

Xtrema
03-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by A790

Both in the show are S and it's not hard to get into 911 territory with options.

Overheard from the sales that Porsche owners are already bitching about Macan for bringing people like me into the fold of Porsche ownership, lol.

schocker
03-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Both in the show are S and it's not hard to get into 911 territory with options.

Overheard from the sales that Porsche owners are already bitching about Macan for bringing people like me into the fold of Porsche ownership, lol.
They bitched about the boxster and cayenne though too :rofl:
Porsche is interested in making money, especially now being owned by VW. Gives them more money for things like the 911, 918 and the racing programs which I see as worth it.

The bmw's were optioned up wayyyyyyyyyy harder than the porsches though

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-19-2014, 01:04 PM
You can double the price of a Boxster with options alone last time I checked.

The Porsche people were generally not very friendly when we asked about the Macan at the auto show and when they would have one available to test drive.

HiSpec
03-19-2014, 02:04 PM

What about the Macan that they are not happy about?

TYMSMNY
03-19-2014, 02:05 PM
It's not the car they are unhappy about, it's the PEOPLE that it brings in... (that's what xtrema is saying)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
It's not the car they are unhappy about, it's the PEOPLE that it brings in... (that's what xtrema is saying)

It's only $4000 cheaper than a base Boxster, still a fairly expensive vehicle, most people who buy one aren't going to be poor rednecks.

I think people are just upset they will see more Porsche badges around.

rx7_turbo2
03-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

What about the Macan that they are not happy about?

Porsche owners in general (certainly long time owners of 911's) are not real fond of change or new things. Subtle changes often result in bitching and complaining by the die hards. They all bitched about how the Cayenne would fail, and how it was a disgrace to an iconic brand. They didn't like the Cayman or Boxster either, the attitude was sure it's a good car but it's not a 911. Most got over it, but the Macan flicks at that nerve again. I believe the Macan will be a great seller, and in time the hardcore Porsche guys will learn to live with it. I'm a 911 owner who comes from a family that has had a Porsche of one kind or another for as long as I can remember, it's always been this way. 911's are the only true Porsche, modifying them is sacrilege, and anything other than a 911 is a lesser Porsche. :rofl:

K3RMiTdot
03-19-2014, 06:41 PM
I like what they are doing..,

K3RMiTdot
03-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Porsche owners in general (certainly long time owners of 911's) are not real fond of change or new things. Subtle changes often result in bitching and complaining by the die hards. They all bitched about how the Cayenne would fail, and how it was a disgrace to an iconic brand. They didn't like the Cayman or Boxster either, the attitude was sure it's a good car but it's not a 911. Most got over it, but the Macan flicks at that nerve again. I believe the Macan will be a great seller, and in time the hardcore Porsche guys will learn to live with it. I'm a 911 owner who comes from a family that has had a Porsche of one kind or another for as long as I can remember, it's always been this way. 911's are the only true Porsche, modifying them is sacrilege, and anything other than a 911 is a lesser Porsche. :rofl:

All these Macans, Cayennes and Panameras allow them to still have the 600 variants of 911s

Sugarphreak
03-19-2014, 06:49 PM

max_boost
03-19-2014, 07:38 PM

Overheard from the sales that Porsche owners are already bitching about Macan for bringing people like me into the fold of Porsche ownership, lol. Come on Stanley lol you were able to afford a Porsche a long time ago. Unless you mean they don't want us fobby looking Asians driving them....well, too late! lol

schocker
03-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
100K for a Cayman is too much.... I wouldn't mind a stripped down track version of it for a discount price actually. Of course they did that... then slapped an "R" sticker on it and jacked the price up 20K.

Oh Porsche.... why?
Jokes on you, the GTS comes well equipped and sport suspension is free! You can build it now on the website! $85,800 + tax & fees. Cayman R was only a few thousand above the S though...

rx7_turbo2
03-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Cayenne is their biggest seller I believe, can't argue with that kind of success for the brand

I think the Macan is going to do wonders for expanding the Porsche ownership and loyalty base, they need an entry car that can be a DD in summer... and winter to do that.

Absolutely agree. It's ironic to say the least. Hardcore 911 owners wouldn't have anywhere near the performance, multitude of 911 variants, racing programs etc if it wasn't for the sale of vehicles other than 911's. I think we're going to see lots of Macans on the road, maybe at the expense of Cayenne sales actually.