PDA

View Full Version : California Closets

l/l/rX
03-20-2014, 01:47 PM
A month ago today I had california closets come in to install a closet unit. They ended up hitting a water line and flooded half of my new condo that I just moved into late December.

Last week I called the restoration company to see where they were at with the quote, they said they had sent it the day before to Cali Closets.

3 days ago, I talk to my cali. closets rep for an update, his reply "I'm on hold with them as we speak....I'm pressing them harder on this now, we need some answers."

I replied back with a "I talked with them last week, they said they sent the quote to you guys"

He assures me that has not been the case, but he has it now and he will forward to the insurance company and he expects an answer the following day.

That following day was yesterday and I have not heard anything. What should I do? Just keep on pressing and pressing and pressing them? Or is this time frame pretty standard?

Since taking out the fans, I've followed up with them 5 times for updates, not once have they followed up with me.

I'll post pics later of my place. Not much has changed minus the fans.

l/l/rX
03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
The laminate floors in my closet, bedroom and a fair share of my living had to be torn up and thrown out as well as the baseboards. Couple walls are pretty damaged as well (not shown clearly in the pics)
http://i59.tinypic.com/j7ceq1.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2vmee7c.jpg

GTS4tw
03-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Don't you have insurance? That time frame is somewhat standard but I would have expected an adjuster to have given you a timeline for repairs.

l/l/rX
03-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by GTS4tw
Don't you have insurance? That time frame is somewhat standard but I would have expected an adjuster to have given you a timeline for repairs.

Why would I use my insurance?

GTS4tw
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

Why would I use my insurance?

You should let them know what is going on, get a claim started through them, they will get repairs started and pursue things with the closet companies insurance company.

Edit: or go old school and trust the closet company, but that is not the standard anymore unfortunately. Once they screw you around, or you get a quote they disagree with, the lawyer fees you will incur will be brutal compared to what your insurance company will probably fix without a significant rate change and litigate at their cost.

l/l/rX
03-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

You should let them know what is going on, get a claim started through them, they will get repairs started and pursue things with the closet companies insurance company.

Hmm OK good point! Thanks!