PDA

View Full Version : Senna!

WhippWhapp
03-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Google honors Senna (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/150267.html)

Google will run a tribute to Ayrton Senna through a 'Doodle' logo to commemorate what would have been his birthday on March 21.

The 2014 season is the 20th since the death of Senna, considered by many to be one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport, at Imola on May 1, 1994. Had he survived, Senna would have turned 54 this year. Google is famous for using its logo, known as 'Doodles', to commemorate holidays, birthdays of famous peoples, and other famous or popular events.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/150267.html#zZZkvggr60l3kTkO.99

Best ever...

CapnCrunch
03-21-2014, 07:40 AM
I just noticed it a few minutes ago. Right in the feels. :(

Modelexis
03-21-2014, 08:34 AM
yAwJsOECGBU

icI-dibMrho

V6LuHGNEB8Q

TMooreZ06
03-21-2014, 10:59 AM
The Senna documentary on Netflix is the biggest reason I signed up. Think about his legacy everytime I drive in the rain!

rage2
03-21-2014, 11:10 AM
I love his driving style in the first video, complete opposite of what instructors teach, and actually works quite well on street tires. It's funny to look back and see how much influence Senna had on me. F1 fanboy, TAG Heuer fanboy, Hugo Boss fanboy haha.

buh_buh
03-21-2014, 11:57 AM
this is my favorite Senna lap

rh6bwZ4ooTI

rage2
03-21-2014, 12:53 PM
My favorite Senna lap is the 1993 European GP in Donnington in the McLaren. I had just started to watch F1 live (93 season was the start of my streak), and that race sealed the deal. Funny enough, the reason I started watching live was to follow Michael Andretti as he had just joined McLaren that year. I've been a big CART fan prior to that.

v2kai
03-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I love his driving style in the first video, complete opposite of what instructors teach, and actually works quite well on street tires. It's funny to look back and see how much influence Senna had on me. F1 fanboy, TAG Heuer fanboy, Hugo Boss fanboy haha.

In the first video why is he pulsing the accelerator on corner entry?

rage2
03-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by v2kai
In the first video why is he pulsing the accelerator on corner entry?
He's balancing the rear tires at the edge of adhesion. Watch his steering angle, aside from Spoon, where there's minimal counter steer, he really doesn't oversteer at all, even though he's full throttle before the apex. He's literally steering the car with the throttle with as much acceleration as possible.

While this works well on street tires, it's impossible for us mere mortals to replicate on slicks because grip levels drop off a lot harsher than street tires past the limit of adhesion, and you would need superhuman reaction times to pull it off. Senna and Schumacher (to a degree) used this driving style in F1.