PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle travelling 151km/h on QEII during poor road conditions

thetransporter
03-27-2014, 03:08 PM
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-clock-vehicle-travelling-151km-h-on-qeii-during-poor-road-conditions-1.1749096

TomcoPDR
03-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Uneducated Immigrant driver?? (Reference from Blackfoot crash)

swak
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

People speed on the QE2??? whaaaaaaaa!!!

shakalaka
03-27-2014, 04:41 PM
68 year old speed demon.

lilmira
03-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Not possible, that would be beyond 88mph and you wouldn't be able to catch him.

Xtrema
03-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Not going to lie, just came back from Airdrie and I thought this article was about me.

:angel:

AudiPWR
03-27-2014, 08:43 PM
I do 151 on the qe2 any day of the week. 2 hrs to Edmonton or bust.

r3ccOs
03-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
I do 151 on the qe2 any day of the week. 2 hrs to Edmonton or bust.

160 to ft mac, 4 1/2 hours flat... mine time is worth more than yours

FraserB
03-27-2014, 08:48 PM
My 2:20 seems embarrassing now.

dubhead
03-27-2014, 09:27 PM
I like the single comment some guy driving "cautiously" getting his doors blown off, money is he was driving 30 on QEII seriously if you can't drive half ass normal in winter conditions please do the rest of us a favor and just stay home. Reminds me of one day coming back from Edmonton there was basically a line of cars from north of Airdrie to Calgary all driving 30 km\hr in the polished icy slow lane well I gladly passed them all in the left lane with lightly packed snow and fresh layer of sand on it :nut: /rant

themack89
03-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly if you're doing that. Plus your time lol.

Zhariak
03-28-2014, 06:32 AM
I see they updated the article...

Yesterday they said the speed limit on the highway was 100km/h. Today, it's been updated to 110, lol.

CapnCrunch
03-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

You should have paid more attention in elementary school English and less time sniffing paint.

Sugarphreak
03-28-2014, 07:19 AM

n1zm0
03-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
How did they even nab this guy?

The offending vehicle encountered slow moving traffic near the crash scene and RCMP members were able to catch up to the car and conduct a traffic stop.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
You should have paid more attention in elementary school English and less time sniffing paint.
maybe he's German and he meant to write 'mein time'

Man, 2 hrs to Edmonton, you guys drive too fast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839DO8-0cY8)

mr2mike
03-28-2014, 08:57 AM
I can see leaving Edmonton at break neck speed but why would you want to get to that place any quicker?

ercchry
03-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

Man, 2 hrs to Edmonton, you guys drive

city limit to city limit is ~270kms... or an average speed of 135km/h for a 2 hr trip :dunno:

AudiPWR
03-28-2014, 09:12 AM
It's a dead straight road too.

Other than the assholes going 100 in the left lane, I think it's perfectly safe to travel 150km/hr on it with the propper vehicle and tires..

syscal
03-28-2014, 09:52 AM
I love how this forum always sides with the law breakers, lol

ercchry
03-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by syscal

you mean a site for car enthusiasts dont give a shit about speed limits?! :eek:

...better call the local news agency

r3ccOs
03-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

thats why I drive there and back every 3 weeks.

FraserB
03-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by syscal

Because you don't speed right?

max_boost
03-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Lmao 150 is nothing. Maybe if you were driving a 1990 Toyota Corolla lol

max_boost
03-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Lol
Only on beyond. One typo and omg the guy is useless and should go collect bottles cause he no hope in life.

Sugarphreak
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM

Xtrema
03-28-2014, 10:55 AM
From the comments section:

haha, I am just picturing this fool driving down the QEII in his "little Sebring" doing 40km/h getting upset because people are fingering and honking at him :rofl:

Here is a pro-tip... get a 4x4 and something with traction control, lol

I hate those fuckers who goes too slow but insist on hugging the 2 left lanes while there is no traffic in front of them.

They are the ones causing accidents because everyone now has to pass on the right.

I ran into 2 of these oblivious drivers between Airdrie and Stoney Trail and they are the sole reason I'm doing 150km/h to get away from that mess and put some distance away from them. Nothing good with come to them the way they drove.

rage2
03-28-2014, 11:00 AM

haha, I am just picturing this fool driving down the QEII in his "little Sebring" doing 40km/h getting upset because people are fingering and honking at him :rofl:

Herein lies the problem. You have half the population who doesn't believe in equipping their vehicles for winter, scared of driving and feel they should drive "cautiously" on a frickin' 110km/h highway.

Then you have the other half of the population who actually spent money to equip themselves for winter and even driving safely at speed limit, scare the shit out of the cautious people.

It's the speed differential that makes it dangerous. The cautious Sebring driver is just as guilty as the 4x4'er if they were to get in an accident.

This is the BIGGEST reason why winter tires should be mandatory. Sure all seasons are drivable, but at a much slower average speed than vehicles equipped with winters. Mandatory winter tires would make grip levels between all vehicles much closer, and reduce the speed differential on the streets.

:winter:

Or, ban winter tires altogether. Then everyone would crawl haha.

ercchry
03-28-2014, 11:01 AM

i bet poor old clement was also in the left lane with no lights on

busdepot
03-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

they are the sole reason I'm doing 150km/h to get away from that mess and put some distance away from them.

:werd: QFT

codetrap
03-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Really... so driving cautiously in my mind is doing maybe 100-105 when it's icy as shit.... Then someone comes zipping up on me doing 150... who's at fault then?

Like Rage says, it's the speed differential.. if someone is fucking retarded enough to choose to make that differential -50+kph.. then they're at fault for any mayhem that ensues....

Sugarphreak
03-28-2014, 11:06 AM

rage2
03-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Like Rage says, it's the speed differential.. if someone is fucking retarded enough to choose to make that differential -50+kph.. then they're at fault for any mayhem that ensues....
Yea, blatantly breaking the speed limit, that's really an exception. Obviously the 150k guy would be an idiot in that case for causing such a huge speed differential.

ercchry
03-28-2014, 11:10 AM
but no one should ever be "zipping up" on anyone if people would just drive in the god damn right hand lane!

Inzane
03-28-2014, 11:21 AM
from article:

According to RCMP, a radar reading indicated the vehicle was travelling 151 km/h in an area where the posted maximum speed limit for ideal driving conditions is 110 km/h.

Common.... everyone knows 110 km/h is the minimum speed under "ideal" conditions. :D

FraserB
03-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
but no one should ever be "zipping up" on anyone if people would just drive in the god damn right hand lane!

Pretty much, if you're getting passed by more than 3 or 4 people, move over since it's clear you are the issue.

codetrap
03-28-2014, 11:38 AM
but no one should ever be "zipping up" on anyone if people would just drive in the god damn right hand lane! I don't care.. even if I'm in the right lane, doing 105 on an icy road, if you're still passing me with a 50k speed differential, then you're still a fucking moron... 16 inches between us with that much speed differential just isn't enough.

ercchry
03-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
I don't care.. even if I'm in the right lane, doing 105 on an icy road, if you're still passing me with a 50k speed differential, then you're still a fucking moron... 16 inches between us with that much speed differential just isn't enough.

orly... better stay off undivided roadways then :rofl:

max_boost
03-28-2014, 12:18 PM
89coupe stays left cause it says MAX 100kms/h lol

Seriously do some of you guys ever get out of Calgary lol do you know how ridiculous our laws are lol

syscal
03-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Because you don't speed right?

I've been known to. But I also drive appropriately for the situation, whatever that may be.

Mandatory winter tires is a copout for people who can't drive appropriately. ie, someone is scared shitless on the highway in icy weather, so let's BLAST past them in stead of arriving 3 minutes later to our destination. Maybe we should just take licenses away from anyone that isn't confident enough to do 50% over the speed limit at any given time.

It's like crossing in a crosswalk, in a playground zone, at a yield in our neighborhood. 50/50 chance if you stopped walking for 1/2 second you'd get run over. Heaven forbid someone give you the extra 2 seconds to actually make it across the street before plowing head.

And of course, it wouldn't be beyond if we didn't blame the 100km/hr highway driver for the accident we got into while driving 150km/hr. It's their fault for sure.

schocker
03-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Then you have the other half of the population who actually spent money to equip themselves for winter and even driving safely at speed limit, scare the shit out of the cautious people.

This is the BIGGEST reason why winter tires should be mandatory. Sure all seasons are drivable, but at a much slower average speed than vehicles equipped with winters. Mandatory winter tires would make grip levels between all vehicles much closer, and reduce the speed differential on the streets.
The last few days I have been flyinggggg past everyone on shaganappi.....doing 85km/h :rofl:
It is pretty ridiculous.

Winter tires should be mandatory though as people are retards and it would also assist in people revving their car to redline to try to get going when it is slippery and making even more ice :guns:

codetrap
03-28-2014, 02:39 PM
orly... better stay off undivided roadways then :rofl: I ride them all the time, but I've also noticed that there's usually around 5-7 feet or so between vehicles.. whereas when people are coming up to pass, they're often a lot closer. Rarely do you get two vehicles hugging the yellow line, yet it seems like often people going in the same direction think they're getting paid to wear the lines off the road...

Feruk
03-28-2014, 03:40 PM

orly... better stay off undivided roadways then :rofl:

Haha that just made my day! :rofl: :rofl:

lilmira
03-28-2014, 05:08 PM
We are way past winter tires, mandatory winter DRIVERS!

Sentry
03-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
I see they updated the article...

Yesterday they said the speed limit on the highway was 100km/h. Today, it's been updated to 110, lol.
Was wondering about this when I read it.

So 41 over.

So a yellow ticket, not even a pink ticket.

Why haven't I made the news yet? :nut: