So good! That has to be heavyfuel!

khanan
03-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Ahahahahaha holy shit that is gold!!

Modelexis
03-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Nemesis mashup:

o7c063rReOc

This is the video for those who don't know what I talk about when I say Nemesis:

MPfxtJ8SQgk

gyromonkey
03-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Hahaha That is Amazing!

Supa Dexta
03-28-2014, 02:57 AM
That dipshit almost followed him into the grass.

Zhariak
03-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Just a point of interest... Just looking at both sides here...

So the vehicle recording isn't keeping right, and matching the speed of the vehicle in the right lane (you can see at the beginning there are vehicles in the right, a flatbed and some others).

You can also see that at first, even though he was close, he wasn't tailing like crazy until a little while later.

Also, the first time the truck passed he didn't finger them, just wanted to simply pass. No doubt until he saw two goofs smiling and probably waiving holding a fucking phone up towards him.

yoda124
03-28-2014, 06:42 AM
jackass left lane bandit

Lex350
03-28-2014, 07:21 AM
This makes me happy and I wish this could happen to all the jack-ass Dodge driving pick-up drivers I encounter on Stoney Trail every morning that get pissy when you aren't doing 140 on the left lane.

blitz
03-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Just a point of interest... Just looking at both sides here...

So the vehicle recording isn't keeping right, and matching the speed of the vehicle in the right lane (you can see at the beginning there are vehicles in the right, a flatbed and some others).

You can also see that at first, even though he was close, he wasn't tailing like crazy until a little while later.

Also, the first time the truck passed he didn't finger them, just wanted to simply pass. No doubt until he saw two goofs smiling and probably waiving holding a fucking phone up towards him.

Given the fact that they're already recording at that point, I'm guessing there's a backstory to the video as well.

max_boost
03-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Lmao. The world has a way of balancing things out lol

GTS4tw
03-28-2014, 07:52 AM
I wish he hit the vehicle recording and they were all killed. That would be just. We need more deaths of stupid people, its dark days for Darwinism lately.

Zhariak
03-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by blitz

Given the fact that they're already recording at that point, I'm guessing there's a backstory to the video as well.

No kidding!

I went to the actual Youtube video, and I read the story. Apparently he was "tailing" them for 3 or 5 minutes before she started recording.

That's interesting because behind the flatbed in the right lane, there was no vehicles... She could have gone to the right before she started recording and let him pass.

sputnik
03-28-2014, 08:07 AM

That was my first thought too. I don't care how fast you are driving, the left lane is for PASSING.

killramos
03-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

That was my first thought too. I don't care how fast you are driving, the left lane is for PASSING.

Definitely.

The little car, or whatever that was, was being a cock. Now still completely the truck drivers fault for having small dick syndrome and typically pretending his jacked 1 ton is a race car. We all know how well that works out.

Just a lot of :facepalm: in that video.

Kijho
03-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Who cares if the one recording wasn't keeping right..

Driver of the truck sucks. Loses control on a fucking bare road, and hits the ditch.
Good on him. Hope he flips more people off in the future.

ercchry
03-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Kijho
Who cares if the one recording wasn't keeping right..

Driver of the truck sucks. Loses control on a fucking bare road, and hits the ditch.
Good on him. Hope he flips more people off in the future.

looks like a wet southern states road... i take it you dont get out of calgary much :rolleyes:

im just happy that all of beyond isnt retarded and can see there is more to this than "instant karma! lololol OMFO!!!! internetz!!!"

so +1 to Zhariak and blitz

Kijho
03-28-2014, 09:12 AM
hah just noticed road is wet...

Truck driver still can't drive lol.

Disoblige
03-28-2014, 09:32 AM
I wish as soon as she said "All on video buddy!!" that she also crashed too LOL.

Both drivers fail.

eglove
03-28-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm more pissed at the person recording than the douche in the truck. One of the biggest pet peeves of driving is self righteous drivers who think just because the are going the speed limit they can stay in the passing lane. I wish she crashed instead of the guy in the truck.

benyl
03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
I haven't listened to the audio, but you guys calling her a left lane bandit need some context. This is on Service Road 41 in Tampa.

It is like what Crowchild used to be before all the overpasses and expansions (are any of you old enough to remember that?) 2-3 lanes in each direction.

There is no "passing" on the left etc that applies to a road like this. This would be like asking people to stay to the right on John Laurie Blvd.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Service+Road+41+Tampa&hl=en&ll=28.107304,-82.458369&spn=0.003804,0.016512&sll=28.249814,-82.569859&sspn=1.07422,2.113495&t=h&hnear=Airport+Service+Rd,+Tampa,+Florida,+United+States&layer=c&cbll=28.1073,-82.458367&panoid=lJHQv_7huNo7NaNfP6eYqg&cbp=11,337.51,,0,-1.87&z=17

eglove
03-28-2014, 10:12 AM
The left lane rule should apply to any road that is twinned

ercchry
03-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by eglove

:werd:

should never make a wall, but what can you expect now-a-days? "me first, me first, me first, i am the only one that matters"

Tik-Tok
03-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by benyl

There is no "passing" on the left etc that applies to a road like this. This would be like asking people to stay to the right on John Laurie Blvd.
[/url]

But if some redneck in a lifted dodge was tailgating you on John Laurie, and there was plenty of room for you to merge lanes to let him pass, would you not?

I do it all the time on Macleod, and that's a 3-lane 60 zone. If someone wants by me, and I have room to let them, I do it. It alleviates a potentially dangerous situation.

GTS4tw
03-28-2014, 10:44 AM
I haven't listened to the audio, but you guys calling her a left lane bandit need some context. This is on Service Road 41 in Tampa.

It is like what Crowchild used to be before all the overpasses and expansions (are any of you old enough to remember that?) 2-3 lanes in each direction.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Service+Road+41+Tampa&hl=en&ll=28.107304,-82.458369&spn=0.003804,0.016512&sll=28.249814,-82.569859&sspn=1.07422,2.113495&t=h&hnear=Airport+Service+Rd,+Tampa,+Florida,+United+States&layer=c&cbll=28.1073,-82.458367&panoid=lJHQv_7huNo7NaNfP6eYqg&cbp=11,337.51,,0,-1.87&z=17

Why not just be a good human and let the guy go by? She is obviously a bad person, the kind humanity would be better off without. Why is everyone so self righteous these days? If she just moved over no ones life would be affected by each other, instead she drives like a moron while using a cell phone to record and actually creates a situation which otherwise wouldn't exist. We would be much better off if people like this weren't so protected, she needs to be just rammed off the road, then she would learn to keep to herself and not try to enforce laws on other people.

We need to shame people much more in life, when they do socially unacceptable things they should be humiliated, that is looked at as bullying now though, which is sad. We all get to be just a bit stupider because of it.

Every single one of these driving/parking/social situations could be avoided if people followed ONE rule: "Don't negatively affect other people." I believe they used to call it "do unto others..." I have a feeling if this bitch was on her way to the hospital to see her dying kid she would want a bit of room to pass....

benyl
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by eglove

So it should apply to country hill blvd and roads like it? What about MacLeod trail? It has 3 lanes going eat way, should everyone shuffle to the right?

Don't get me wrong, I hate left hand bandits as much as the next guy, but this rule doesn't necessary apply to every "twinned" road.

benyl
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

But if some redneck in a lifted dodge was tailgating you on John Laurie, and there was plenty of room for you to merge lanes to let him pass, would you not?

I do it all the time on Macleod, and that's a 3-lane 60 zone. If someone wants by me, and I have room to let them, I do it. It alleviates a potentially dangerous situation.

I do as a courtesy. But I don't get pissed off when someone doesn't do it for me. I can't hold everyone to my standard when people driving on the QEII don't even know the fucking rules. I have been known to use the right lane.

benyl
03-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Why not just be a good human and let the guy go by? She is obviously a bad person, the kind humanity would be better off without. Why is everyone so self righteous these days? If she just moved over no ones life would be affected by each other, instead she drives like a moron while using a cell phone to record and actually creates a situation which otherwise wouldn't exist. We would be much better off if people like this weren't so protected, she needs to be just rammed off the road, then she would learn to keep to herself and not try to enforce laws on other people.

We need to shame people much more in life, when they do socially unacceptable things they should be humiliated, that is looked at as bullying now though, which is sad. We all get to be just a bit stupider because of it.

Every single one of these driving/parking/social situations could be avoided if people followed ONE rule: "Don't negatively affect other people." I believe they used to call it "do unto others..." I have a feeling if this bitch was on her way to the hospital to see her dying kid she would want a bit of room to pass....

According to Toma's new thread, it is because we are all turning into Psyhco / Sociopaths.

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 01:46 PM

Ya no doubt, there is no such "left lane is for passing" rule in the city. The redneck in the truck is the douche. Sure it's sometimes a good idea to move over if there is an idiot tailing you. But when it's a dick like that guy who will purposely ride you and expect to bully you out of the way, fuck it you can rot back there til traffic clears and can go speeding by. You get what you give.

TomcoPDR
03-28-2014, 02:24 PM
In original YouTube, the video taper claims they'll be making a left turn within 0.5 mile at the time of taping. I'm a right lane driver myself (even if I'm going 125km on qeII, right lane until need to pass).

If I'm picturing what she's saying (0.5 miles till turning left).

There're a couple of roads like that like going towards spruce meadows, transcanada towards Medicine Hat where people just need to turn left straight from a 90-110 km/hr highway, wtf do u expect people to do, move to the right, then quickly swerve left, slam on brakes, then make their left turn?

Mibz
03-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Driver claims she was turning left soon. I'm with the "Get the fuck out of the left lane" crowd, but it's super hard to apply that rule on a road with left turns. That said, I'm sure she could've moved right 3-5 minutes earlier.

Originally posted by rotten42
Stoney Trail every morning that get pissy when you aren't doing 140 on the left lane. There is no speed at which hanging out in the left lane on Stoney becomes acceptable. If somebody wants to go faster, let them go faster. Simple as that. No skin off your back to change lanes, and everybody can go on with their day.

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Driver claims she was turning left soon. I'm with the "Get the fuck out of the left lane" crowd, but it's super hard to apply that rule on a road with left turns. That said, I'm sure she could've moved right 3-5 minutes earlier.

Why should she have to get out of his way, he's the one that wants to speed so he can wait until he can get around. He's not driving an emergency vehicle.

There is no speed at which hanging out in the left lane on Stoney becomes acceptable.

Really? Where in the drivers handbook or laws does it say that about an urban road?

ercchry
03-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Why should she have to get out of his way, he's the one that wants to speed so he can wait until he can get around. He's not driving an emergency vehicle.

Really? Where in the drivers handbook or laws does it say that about an urban road?

why is this attitude any better? how do you know it wasnt a life or death emergency and there was no time to wait for an emergency vehicle? who made you the judge? its simple, dont be a twat. the end

spike98
03-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
In original YouTube, the video taper claims they'll be making a left turn within 0.5 mile at the time of taping. I'm a right lane driver myself (even if I'm going 125km on qeII, right lane until need to pass).

If I'm picturing what she's saying (0.5 miles till turning left).

There're a couple of roads like that like going towards spruce meadows, transcanada towards Medicine Hat where people just need to turn left straight from a 90-110 km/hr highway, wtf do u expect people to do, move to the right, then quickly swerve left, slam on brakes, then make their left turn?

This. And it also looks like the truck douche was also trying to negotiate the left turn as well and cut in front of her to do so. To abrupt of a turn from the far right lane on wet pavement at a high rate of speed equals said karma.

benyl
03-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

why is this attitude any better? how do you know it wasnt a life or death emergency and there was no time to wait for an emergency vehicle? who made you the judge? its simple, dont be a twat. the end

Really? The guy had time to pace her and give her the finger. LOL Somehow I think he was just being an asshole.

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 03:19 PM

In the case of the pick up truck driver, he doesn't look like he is tending to an emergency. If a person was attending to an emergency then they can't really expect everyone else on the road to magically know it's an emergency and immediately get out of their way.

I'm not the judge, it's the law. I'm all about being courteous if people are driving normal and properly but if they are being a dick then I'm not going out of my way, nor should anyone else, to accommodate them as they are breaking the law. It's simple also. :)

GTS4tw
03-28-2014, 03:21 PM

According to Toma's new thread, it is because we are all turning into Psyhco / Sociopaths.

Reading the last few posts on this thread, I have to wonder if that article is right. It does seem like some people get joy out of fucking with others for no reason.

Zhariak
03-28-2014, 03:21 PM

Ya no doubt, there is no such "left lane is for passing" rule in the city. The redneck in the truck is the douche. Sure it's sometimes a good idea to move over if there is an idiot tailing you. But when it's a dick like that guy who will purposely ride you and expect to bully you out of the way, fuck it you can rot back there til traffic clears and can go speeding by. You get what you give.

There is a rule... It's a law you must follow if driving a motor vehicle on a highway (highway is the official term of any road).

ercchry
03-28-2014, 03:23 PM

In the case of the pick up truck driver, he doesn't look like he is tending to an emergency. If a person was attending to an emergency then they can't really expect everyone else on the road to magically know it's an emergency and immediately get out of their way.

I'm not the judge, it's the law. I'm all about being courteous if people are driving normal and properly but if they are being a dick then I'm not going out of my way, nor should anyone else, to accommodate them as they are breaking the law. It's simple also. :)

huh... interesting... so lets say everyone was just magically not a self righteous twat for a second... then ???? profit?

disclaimer:this and my last post are in general, not necessarily this particular situation. although, i do feel like this situation is very similar to those "dont taze me, bro!" sort of videos that are missing a few crucial detail...

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 03:25 PM

There is a rule... It's a law you must follow if driving a motor vehicle on a highway (highway is the official term of any road).

Yeah and there are urban highways and rural highways.

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 03:32 PM

huh... interesting... so lets say everyone was just magically not a self righteous twat for a second... then ???? profit?

:rofl:

benyl
03-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Fuck it, I am passing on the right always.

http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Regs/2002_304.pdf

Overtaking and passing on the right
22(1) A person driving a vehicle may drive the vehicle so as to
overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle
(a) when the vehicle being overtaken is making a left turn or
the person driving the overtaken vehicle has signalled that
person’s intention to make a left turn, or
(b) in the case of a one-way highway, where the roadway
(i) is of sufficient width for 2 or more lines of moving
vehicles, and
(ii) is free from obstructions.
(2) Where a highway has 2 or more traffic lanes on the same side
of the centre line for vehicles travelling in the same direction, a
person driving a vehicle that is
(a) overtaking another vehicle travelling in the same direction
may pass on the right or left of the other vehicle if there is
a traffic lane available for passing to the right or the left of
the traffic lane being used by the vehicle being overtaken,
or
(b) being overtaken by another vehicle travelling in the same
direction shall keep the vehicle being overtaken in the
traffic lane in which that person is driving so as to allow
the overtaking vehicle free passage in the traffic lane to
the right or the left of the traffic lane in which the vehicle
being overtaken is travelling.

My_name_is_Rob
03-28-2014, 04:07 PM

Yeah and there are urban highways and rural highways.

I think that would boil down to being expressways and freeways though.

Expressway - a highway designed for fast traffic, with controlled entrance and exit, a dividing strip between the traffic in opposite directions, and typically two or more lanes in each direction. IE: Macleod, Barlow, Blackfoot.

Freeway or A controlled-access highway - is a highway designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated. A controlled-access highway provides an unhindered flow of traffic, with no traffic signals, intersections or property access. They are free of any at-grade crossings with other roads, railways, or pedestrian paths, which are instead carried by overpasses and underpasses across the highway. Entrance and exit to the highway are provided at interchanges by slip roads (ramps), which allow for speed changes between the highway and arterial roads and collector roads. On the controlled-access highway, opposing directions of travel are generally separated by a median strip or central reservation containing a traffic barrier or grass. IE: QEII, Deerfoot, most of Crowchild

I've always assumed that on Freeways, or highways you drive in the right lane, unless your passing (Keep right except to pass, Slower traffic keep right). And on expressways (Macleod Trail) you take the lane that your going to need (Left for left turns, Right for exiting and merging, and Center for allowing cars on both sides to complete their turns). :dunno:

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

I think that would boil down to being expressways and freeways though.

Expressway - a highway designed for fast traffic, with controlled entrance and exit, a dividing strip between the traffic in opposite directions, and typically two or more lanes in each direction. IE: Macleod, Barlow, Blackfoot.

Freeway or A controlled-access highway - is a highway designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated. A controlled-access highway provides an unhindered flow of traffic, with no traffic signals, intersections or property access. They are free of any at-grade crossings with other roads, railways, or pedestrian paths, which are instead carried by overpasses and underpasses across the highway. Entrance and exit to the highway are provided at interchanges by slip roads (ramps), which allow for speed changes between the highway and arterial roads and collector roads. On the controlled-access highway, opposing directions of travel are generally separated by a median strip or central reservation containing a traffic barrier or grass. IE: QEII, Deerfoot, most of Crowchild

I've always assumed that on Freeways, or highways you drive in the right lane, unless your passing (Keep right except to pass, Slower traffic keep right). And on expressways (Macleod Trail) you take the lane that your going to need (Left for left turns, Right for exiting and merging, and Center for allowing cars on both sides to complete their turns). :dunno:

Did you get any of this info from the Alberta Traffic and Safety act?

My_name_is_Rob
03-28-2014, 04:44 PM

Did you get any of this info from the Alberta Traffic and Safety act?

Nope, I didn't.

I was just clarifying the difference between "urban highways and rural highways."

Moonracer
03-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

Nope, I didn't.

I was just clarifying the difference between "urban highways and rural highways."

Ah ok. Outside the city limits is where the left lane for passing rule is in effect :)

sexualbanana
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM
I've been debating this with people on Huffington Post all day. My basic stance is:

A) Considering the flatbad that was in her way didn't appear until well over a minute into the video, I'm assuming that the driver was either pacing that truck or going marginally faster.

B) Yes. The truck driver is being a collossal asshole and I'm not advocating that what he did was justified. But I would be annoyed too if someone was doing what they were doing, only to pass them and see them recording me on their phone. You can't advocate that you weren't going to change lanes because you were concerned for your safety WHILE handling your phone and trying to record someone else on the road. Karmic justice would've required that he rear-ends someone because he was too busy looking at his phone ('in the interest of his own safety').

C) It's clearly evident that once she passed the flatbed and whatever the other vehicle was, that there was plenty of room in both lanes because of the amount of pissing around both vehicles did once the truck got along side them. Sure, he may not be required to move over to the right lane, but in the interest of courtesy, safety (knowing you'll be passed on the left), and for de-escalating the situation, it's in his best interest to let him pass. The worst case scenario almost happened when the truck swerved past him and almost lost control right in front of him. The first driver could have very well collided with the truck and gotten injured. Or worse yet, the truck driver collides with someone going the opposite direction and they get injured because one guy was being an aggressive asshole (the truck) and the other one was being a stubborn asshole playing with his phone (the first guy).

Disoblige
04-10-2014, 11:36 AM
The problem lies in that the road signs say "Slower traffic keep right" and most drivers don't think they're slow since they're going the limit.

They should change the signs to say something else, like "Stay in the right-hand lane where possible" so people don't think it only applies to slower traffic.

Ruggzy_McTuggz
07-17-2014, 07:52 AM

Ah ok. Outside the city limits is where the left lane for passing rule is in effect :)

Tell that to the signs on Deerfoot that explicitly state "slow traffic keep right". You're wrong.

xnvy
07-17-2014, 09:37 AM
^there aren't any within the city limits. Codetrap (I think) explained it to me but technically moonracer is correct. Also, dead thread.

Khyron
07-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by xnvy
^there aren't any within the city limits. Codetrap (I think) explained it to me but technically moonracer is correct. Also, dead thread.

They used to not be in the city limits but they are now along deerfoot (at least in the last year)

Mibz
07-17-2014, 10:39 AM
We looked this up like 5 years ago. According to Gov't docs, when the "Slower traffic keep right" signs were introduced, it was with the intention that the left lane would be for traffic going the speed limit and the two right lanes would be for traffic going slower than the speed limit.

Attempting to go legal high-ground here and claim that the signs mean everybody should move over isn't going to get you anywhere. This has never been a legal argument though, and nor should it be. Trying to make it one just gets everybody angry.

ercchry
07-17-2014, 10:42 AM
We looked this up like 5 years ago. According to Gov't docs, when the "Slower traffic keep right" signs were introduced, it was with the intention that the left lane would be for traffic going the speed limit and the two right lanes would be for traffic going slower than the speed limit.

Attempting to go legal high-ground here and claim that the signs mean everybody should move over isn't going to get you anywhere. This has never been a legal argument though, and nor should it be. Trying to make it one just gets everybody angry.

then we need more "keep right except to pass" signs :whipped:

Graham_A_M
07-23-2014, 11:36 AM
^ yeah, for the most part, people are quite good at this, but its always the idiot soccer moms in their minivans that kill me, doing 100 on deerfoot in the left lane when there is nobody in front of them. urgh

http://joejack7500.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/grindmygears.jpg