PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: 1998 Dodge Neon (BHT-5948)

The Wanderer
03-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Stolen from NW (ranchero) March 29
Her car is a 1998
purple
4 door
Dodge Neon
has a maple leaf in the back window
a bumper sticker saying SCA
Dragon Decals on the two front doors
License plate BHT 5948
unfortunately no pictures of the decals or stickers available
If seen please let police know

Thank for keeping your eyes open

MGCM
03-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Would it be a 4dr or a 2dr neon, pretty sure 98 they made both.

The Wanderer
03-30-2014, 12:01 PM
4 door thanks for asking ill update original post as well

revelations
03-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Car like that will be found within a few weeks. Very easy to steal and commonly used for breakins/robberies then ditched somewhere in the NE.

Next time use a club.

Graham_A_M
03-30-2014, 12:14 PM
^ Clubs are the biggest joke towards car security. Logically, their impossible to get off on their own, as their very well made using high grade steel.

So the goal with them for any car thief? is to not even bother with them, just use bolt cutters to cut the steering wheel, then you bend it enough so the club slides right off.

Dont get me wrong, Im FAR from any thief in anyway, but even I know that. Their a deterrent at best, nothing more, as most car thieves wont be lagging around a pair of bolt cutters in their bag, but even a hacksaw would work almost as quickly.

blairtruck
03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
if i owned a neon i would hope it gets stolen.
i kid. i doubt ill see it in edmonton

revelations
03-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Clubs are the biggest joke towards car security. Logically, their impossible to get off on their own, as their very well made using high grade steel.

So the goal with them for any car thief? is to not even bother with them, just use bolt cutters to cut the steering wheel, then you bend it enough so the club slides right off.

Dont get me wrong, Im FAR from any thief in anyway, but even I know that. Their a deterrent at best, nothing more, as most car thieves wont be lagging around a pair of bolt cutters in their bag, but even a hacksaw would work almost as quickly.

Partially true, for eg. an SLS AMG would likely be targeted by a professional thief who could go through a club in a few minutes.

A random car thief looking for an easy ride would think twice about stealing a clubbed Neon however.

Kloubek
03-30-2014, 01:00 PM
A club isn't the be-all-end-all in security for sure. But given the opportunity to steal another vehicle without one, I'm sure even a seasoned thief would prefer not to deal with it.

Sugarphreak
03-30-2014, 01:54 PM

Z_Fan
03-31-2014, 11:01 PM
I would occasionally pray my Neon would get stolen. Unfortunately, it never happened. Had to sell it the hard way.

I'd say count yourself lucky.

The real curiosity here is why the fuck are you looking for it? Just be happy the heap is gone.

The Wanderer
04-01-2014, 10:54 AM
My friend has been informed the car is found

No news on whether any damage or not.

Thanks folks for keeping eyes open