PDA

View Full Version : Recent Rhd car insurance

Mogg
04-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Hey guys,

I am hopefully picking up a jdm car this week and have not been successful in finding anyone that would offer liability along with theft/fire insurance. Has anyone picked up a new policy recently with theft/fire? Liability is no issue, just worried about the theft.

thanks !

FraserB
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Talk to either guessboi or maskedbandit on here

italianstylez
04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Wawanessa insurance does last I heard managed to have comprehensive

Redlyne_mr2
04-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Please let me know if and when you find someone who does.

Masked Bandit
04-02-2014, 09:07 AM
I actually had a client recently tell me that Johnson Insurance will offer section C (collision / comprehensive) on RHD. I don't know any of the details and generally speaking, Johnson Insurance (underwritten by Unifund) is pretty brutal.

99.999% of the regular insurance companies in Alberta won't do it anymore.

pheoxs
04-02-2014, 09:36 AM
TD won't as I've asked them repeatedly. I asked a forum sponsor on beyond and on 780 and neither had any ideas for who might do fire/theft.

Mogg
04-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Little update here:

So as far as full coverage goes it seems only Johnson Insurance will offer this service. However, the premiums were high and the minimum deductible was 2500.

Sharp insurance would offer Fire, Theft, and vandalism but again premiums were very high.

Ca_Silvia13
04-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Just get the car appraised and insure it based of the apparaisal for F/T/C

guessboi
04-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mogg
Little update here:

So as far as full coverage goes it seems only Johnson Insurance will offer this service. However, the premiums were high and the minimum deductible was 2500.

Sharp insurance would offer Fire, Theft, and vandalism but again premiums were very high.

2,500 deductible essentially means no coverage but we will take your premium for your RHD vehicle. :rofl:

Sharp insurance - which company did they use? I am curious since I know the owner.

clem24
04-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Wow yet another reason to not buy RHD cars...

I've seen so many cars lately that are simply RHD versions of cars we have, like for example a RHD Forester (no not an STi). Unless you're a die hard fan of something that's not available here, what's the point?? Not only that but I now I'd say 85% of the JDM cars I've seen on the road are just completely beat to shit, like dented panels, rust, weird holes everywhere, etc... (oh yes but they are 'low mileage')

ichewyou
04-09-2014, 03:24 PM
What about the insurance for those 1999 GTR's as I know one of my friend just bought the white and it will land this May.

guessboi
04-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ichewyou
What about the insurance for those 1999 GTR's as I know one of my friend just bought the white and it will land this May.

A RHD GTR is still a RHD vehicle. A RHD GTR does not have any special privilege. Hope this answers your question. :D

ercchry
04-09-2014, 04:56 PM
i'd give this a go if you are older with multiple cars...

http://www.competition.ca/cinew-silver.htm

had a buddy get a quote for a RHD a while back, was dirt cheap. dunno if things have changed though