PDA

View Full Version : Wireless mouse issue

BMDUBS
04-01-2014, 07:41 PM
I have a Dynex wireless mouse and keyboard. I have an issue with the left click on it.

It seems as if the left click needs to be clicked numerous times to respond and then it sometimes hangs on as if I were to be holding it down to highlight something?

I have full control of the cursors movement, just this annoying left click issue. Batteries are good and the driver seems to be up to date. Any idea what can be causing this and what to do about it?

A google search has proved fruitless...

EK69
04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Is there something physically sticking or in the way at the point of contact? Not sure if it's easily taken apart to clean/look at

Otherwise could just be the contact area has gone bad and it's time to replace?

New batteries?
Wireless or Bluetooth interference ?
Different USB port for receiver?

I googled "wireless mouse sticking" and came up with some hits maybe try them? Unless that's what u already searched for lol

bulaian
04-01-2014, 11:22 PM
How far is the tower away from your mouse?
Which USB port do you have the receiver plugged into?
How far away is the receiver?

With my wireless mouse, the receiver was just a small 2x2 lego block sized receiver. When I plugged it into a rear USB port on my tower, it didn't seem as responsive as when I plugged it into one of the top mounted ports.

Mitsu3000gt
04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
My mouse skips around and behaved strangely until I got a USB extension cord, and taped the receiver to the back of my computer desk so that it would be much closer to the actual mouse, not near the floor in the tower. Try moving the receiver closer and without obstruction before you jump to any conclusions.

jwslam
04-02-2014, 11:57 AM
I have this issue with my Logitech ~every 4 months.

After hours of reading I learned it was my capacitors in the mouse holding a charge on the click; hence why it only affect the left.

Try this:
remove batteries, spend 30 seconds clicking: this discharges the capacitors.
resume normally.

BMDUBS
04-02-2014, 07:33 PM
It is wireless and I have also bought a USB extension cord and I am plugged into the front of the tower. The mouse is less than 3m away from the SB dongle hahaha. I am definitely not jumping to any conclusions!

This problem has been pissing me off for ages as I had a Blue Tooth keyboard and mouse that was acting up so I replaced it with this.

Funny thing is I went into mouse properties and switch the right and left buttons as the primary button and the issue seemed to have gone away so perhaps it is an issue with the micro switch in the left click of the mouse?

I have also taken jwslam's advice and removed the battery and clicked it for 30 seconds and so far no issue? Maybe its the capacitors.

I will report back with my results...