http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4

http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/df4558f42c4f11e3a77d22000a9f4ddd_6.jpg

#ballinouttacontrol

BrknFngrs
04-04-2014, 09:32 AM
This thread should make for a good friday :rofl:

rage2
04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
haha my boss sent it to me last night, had a good laugh about it.

supe
04-04-2014, 09:39 AM
The problem with any of these types of articles is they are just snapshots in time, a narrow minded view of the market. If you take trendlines into account I think it paints a much different picture.

Seth1968
04-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Reader's comments from the article?

Priceless.

rage2
04-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Meh, I'd say it's a very easy direct correlation that you can make. iPhones are expensive as fuck if you sit back and look at it, so it makes sense that the wealthy areas would more likely have iPhone users there vs. less wealthy areas.

GQBalla
04-04-2014, 09:47 AM
i am poor soooooo

speedog
04-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Calgary sure blows holes in the argument if one looks at the Marlborough and Forest Lawn areas - lots of istuff out there.

Disoblige
04-04-2014, 09:54 AM
What about poor people who buy Apple to look like they're not poor? Haha

e31
04-04-2014, 09:54 AM
A lot of those dots appear to be following street lines. How many of them should translate to distracted driving tickets?

speedog
04-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Another skewed report that will keep the istuff people happy - Google'S dirty secret: Android phones are basically used as dumb phones (http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-android-market-share-ecommerce-2014-1).

Get out of it what you wish.

sputnik
04-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Rocking a Blackberry Z10... what does that make me? Employed?

speedog
04-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Interesting study.

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4

http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/df4558f42c4f11e3a77d22000a9f4ddd_6.jpg

#ballinouttacontrol
The study is based upon tweets - shit, most people don't use Twitter or even have an account on it. As such, a very laughable study.

rage2
04-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
My guess, government employee due to archaic technology.

ZEDGE
04-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Majority of Canadians must be poor then.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/04/comscore-android-owns-44-of-the-canadian-smartphone-market-blackberry-sinks-to-15/

;)

I think the big difference here is with Android you can buy cheap pre paid or low end phones, or high end. Apple completely ignores the low end.

n1zm0
04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
^Yeah I feel like the general Iphone user has the idea that this is how it is, this is what I have to pay for apps, this is how much it costs to buy the newest Iphone and such is life.

I switched over from Iphone around the 3GS era to Android and haven't left ever since, mostly I felt like I was restricted with Apple products - not because they cost alot more $ than Androids, do this and that our way or forever hold your peace (or get into jailbreaking of course). I feel there's always a much easier way around things for Android even without rooting - less restrictions on what I want my smartphone to do when I want to do it (that said I love my Nexus 5).

Originally posted by speedog

The study is based upon tweets - shit, most people don't use Twitter or even have an account on it. As such, a very laughable study.

All the 'happening' people have twitter man, selfies are trending yo

rage2
04-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/04/comscore-android-owns-44-of-the-canadian-smartphone-market-blackberry-sinks-to-15/
http://www.4thmedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/we-are-the-99.jpg

Yea, I'd say 99% is a majority... :rofl:

Unknown303
04-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Some hard iTrolling for a friday Rage.

pheoxs
04-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
^Yeah I feel like the general Iphone user has the idea that this is how it is, this is what I have to pay for apps, this is how much it costs to buy the newest Iphone and such is life.

I switched over from Iphone around the 3GS era to Android and haven't left ever since, mostly I felt like I was restricted with Apple products - not because they cost alot more $ than Androids, do this and that our way or forever hold your peace (or get into jailbreaking of course). I feel there's always a much easier way around things for Android even without rooting - less restrictions on what I want my smartphone to do when I want to do it (that said I love my Nexus 5).

All the 'happening' people have twitter man, selfies are trending yo

That sounds like a poor person talking.

*Have to use iPhone as they're provided by our company

**Totally miss my Nexus Android phone

*** iPhone is free, still not worth it

DeleriousZ
04-04-2014, 10:24 AM
?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

sputnik
04-04-2014, 10:26 AM
My guess, government employee due to archaic technology.

Oddly enough. I like my Z10 more than my wife's iPhone.

n1zm0
04-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pheoxs
That sounds like a poor person talking.

I am poor :/

98type_r
04-04-2014, 10:30 AM

;)

I think the big difference here is with Android you can buy cheap pre paid or low end phones, or high end. Apple completely ignores the low end.

But Apple makes the $600 entry level 5c to at consumers at a more "affordable price".

schocker
04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
rage2 is the number 1 apple nuthugger :rofl:

sxtasy
04-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by speedog
Calgary sure blows holes in the argument if one looks at the Marlborough and Forest Lawn areas - lots of istuff out there. iStolen

speedog
04-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
iStolen
Best comeback ever. :thumbsup:

roopi
04-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by schocker
rage2 is the number 1 apple nuthugger :rofl:

:werd:

rage2
04-04-2014, 10:54 AM
In my defense, I still hate Macs haha.

kenny
04-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by supe
The problem with any of these types of articles is they are just snapshots in time, a narrow minded view of the market. If you take trendlines into account I think it paints a much different picture.

Snapshot or not, Android flagships are always cheaper than iPhones and since wealthier people tend to have more expensive tastes, they'll get the more expensive phone.

I jumped over to the Nexus 4 from an iPhone and it was roughly half the cost of the same model iPhone. I tell people it's because of the bigger screen but in reality it's because I'm poor :(

sputnik
04-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Perhaps it has nothing to do about money...

Maybe those maps are "pretentious douchebag" heat maps?

Manhattan? Check.
East Village? iPhone in one hand, organic matcha tea latte in the other. Check.
Miami? You bet your white sunglasses. Check.
San Fran? iFaaaabulous! Check.

Seth1968
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Perhaps it has nothing to do about money...

Maybe those maps are "pretentious douchebag" heat maps?

Manhattan? Check.
East Village? iPhone in one hand, organic matcha tea latte in the other. Check.
Miami? You bet your white sunglasses. Check.
San Fran? iFaaaabulous! Check.

OMG :rofl:

firebane
04-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Snapshot or not, Android flagships are always cheaper than iPhones and since wealthier people tend to have more expensive tastes, they'll get the more expensive phone.

I jumped over to the Nexus 4 from an iPhone and it was roughly half the cost of the same model iPhone. I tell people it's because of the bigger screen but in reality it's because I'm poor :(

While the N4 and N5 maybe cheaper than a iphone lets not forget they are a better phone.

But with that said also lets not forget the price tag on phones like the S3, S4, and now S5.

rage2
04-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by firebane
While the N4 and N5 maybe cheaper than a iphone lets not forget they are a better phone.
I don't think rich douchebags care what's better. It's all about status.

But with that said also lets not forget the price tag on phones like the S3, S4, and now S5.
Like how the Hyundai Equus has a $75k price tag. Rich douchebags aren't lining up to pick one of those up anytime soon haha.

Tik-Tok
04-04-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm so poor, the Android phone I bought brand new was a 2 year old model :rofl:

Sugarphreak
04-04-2014, 12:47 PM

ercchry
04-04-2014, 12:49 PM
i know a few CEO's that still love them some blackberry... gave a Z10 a go, then got fed up with the full touch screen and swapped to the Q10

Sugarphreak
04-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Seth1968
04-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I hate iPhone products... expensive, restrictive, cliquey

Generally people who buy them fit into one of the following:

1) Have no concept of money
2) Spoiled brats
3) Trying to impress the Jones's
4) Web or Graphics Designer
5) Got sucked into the hype because they don't know any better

I wouldn't say that's a generalization. Being in the computer industry for about 20 years, I'd say it's a QFT fact.

sputnik
04-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I hate iPhone products... expensive, restrictive, cliquey

Generally people who buy them fit into one of the following:

1) Have no concept of money
2) Spoiled brats
3) Trying to impress the Jones's
4) Web or Graphics Designer
5) Got sucked into the hype because they don't know any better

Personally I had a Blackberry for a long time, and now that I have an Andriod I miss a lot of the functions and ease of use of my blackberry. My Andriod phone is linking and casting out personal information like a beacon in comparison and I have no way to stop the bleeding of information from it... Apple is even worse.

My Blackberry Z10 does a great job running most Android apps.

The_Penguin
04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
iStolen

iLOLed

ercchry
04-04-2014, 01:10 PM

My Blackberry Z10 does a great job running most Android apps.

just need to side load "snap"... Q10 has some aspect ratio issues with some apps though.

msommers
04-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'm so poor, the Android phone I bought brand new was a 2 year old model :rofl:

Same here. I bought my N4 when google was having their fire sale before putting out the N5 :rofl:

I haven't paid much attention (or any) recently but has Apple allowed a bunch of free apps in their store? I remember that there were a lot of free apps for android but their counterparts in the iStore cost money. I believe WhatsApp used to be like that.

mr2mike
04-04-2014, 01:14 PM
I went from a Bold to an S4.... holy fuck I hate touch screen. I used to be able to rail off a huge e-mail with no fucking mistakes in a couple of seconds, takes me 3 times as long and it constantly auto-corrects to shit I don't want.

I might go back to something like a Q10 soon

One app... Swiftkey.
Then your troubles go away. Only app I've ever purchased.

Sorry iphone users, apple won't give keyboard control to apps.

Sugarphreak
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM

firebane
04-04-2014, 01:37 PM

Is it really that good?

Yes it really is that good. The predicitions work VERY well. Half the time I can type out a sentence with entering 1 or 2 letters and sometimes it can autocomplete things for me.

ercchry
04-04-2014, 01:39 PM

Yes it really is that good. The predicitions work VERY well. Half the time I can type out a sentence with entering 1 or 2 letters and sometimes it can autocomplete things for me.

will it let me swear at people?

mr2mike
04-04-2014, 01:41 PM
When I went from iPhone to bb then to S3, I hated the S3 and tried not to even text because it took so long and was painful with auto corrects everywhere that made no sense.
I think you can try swiftkey for free still, which I did. Got hooked and just paid the few $ for it.

It's worth trying it out if it's still free. Watch their tutorials on how to use it and once it starts predicting your typing, you're golden.

sputnik
04-04-2014, 01:47 PM

The Z10 keyboard is even better.

sXaINzhzARQ

It also learns well so that if you swear alot you shouldnt have to type more than s or f to get the job done.

ercchry
04-04-2014, 01:48 PM
i still couldnt do the z10... q10 all the way

JDMMAN
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Q10 FTW! ... although I do miss having the back button and BB button like the Bold 9900

codetrap
04-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes it really is that good. The predicitions work VERY well. Half the time I can type out a sentence with entering 1 or 2 letters and sometimes it can autocomplete things for me. You still type your texts? How very 2011 of you. I just dictate mine to Siri, and she does the typing for me.

sputnik
04-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
i still couldnt do the z10... q10 all the way

I thought so at first, but I was used to it within a couple of days.

ercchry
04-04-2014, 02:08 PM

I thought so at first, but I was used to it within a couple of days.

i gave it 6 months :rofl:

ercchry
04-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
You still type your texts? How very 2011 of you. I just dictate mine to Siri, and she does the typing for me.

a lot of the time when i text, its cause i dont want to talk out loud... if i wanted to talk out loud, i'd uh... whats the word? oh yeah CALL :nut:

variance
04-04-2014, 02:13 PM

a lot of the time when i text, its cause i dont want to talk out loud... if i wanted to talk out loud, i'd uh... whats the word? oh yeah CALL :nut:

You still use your voice to talk? How very 2013 of you. I just hire a fake sign language interpretator to silently communicate my words.

speedog
04-04-2014, 02:13 PM
An actual one-on-one conversation with someone else - perish the thought.

firebane
04-04-2014, 02:19 PM

The Z10 keyboard is even better.

sXaINzhzARQ

It also learns well so that if you swear alot you shouldnt have to type more than s or f to get the job done.

I HATE the z10 keyboard. I have a Z10 for work and the keyboard drives me MENTAL!

heavyD
04-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Every time I'm no a busy LRT train it seems like 85% of people are buried into iphones.

That said I'm glad Android phones are out there as poor people should be able to have a phone almost as good as rich people.:rofl:

codetrap
04-04-2014, 02:30 PM
a lot of the time when i text, its cause i dont want to talk out loud... if i wanted to talk out loud, i'd uh... whats the word? oh yeah CALL :nut: Hmm.. interesting thought process. I guess I use txt'ing for an entirely different purpose than you. I generally prefer to call.

DeleriousZ
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Pretty sure you can turn autocorrect off... on androids at least.

ercchry
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Hmm.. interesting thought process. I guess I use txt'ing for an entirely different purpose than you. I generally prefer to call.

does siri make sexting extra exciting? :rofl:

Seth1968
04-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Every time I'm no a busy LRT train it seems like 85% of people are buried into iphones.

Hell, that's true for everywhere. I'm thinking evolution will phase out our vocal cords and give us a few more thumbs.

I think I'm the odd one out though, as I don't text at all, and only use email for business purposes.

shakalaka
04-04-2014, 02:46 PM
I recently traded my iPhone 5S for a Note 3....I must be getting poor and made some poor guy very rich.

ZEDGE
04-04-2014, 06:30 PM

That said I'm glad Android phones are out there as poor people should be able to have a phone almost as good as rich people.:rofl:

Most of those are probably Samsung phones, you just can't tell the difference. ;)

My $350 N5 runs circles around a $600 iphone 5.

Wireless charging alone makes it better. One day Apple with incorporate it and charge even more..and claim they invented it, fucking crooks.

:poosie:

I kind of want an ipad mini though. :rofl:

heavyD
04-04-2014, 06:45 PM

Most of those are probably Samsung phones, you just can't tell the difference. ;)

My $350 N5 runs circles around a $600 iphone 5.

Wireless charging alone makes it better. One day Apple with incorporate it and charge even more..and claim they invented it, fucking crooks.

:poosie:

I kind of want an ipad mini though. :rofl:

LOL good thing I have a 5S that will run circles (been proven to be faster phone) around an N5 and take much better pictures. Benchmark numbers aren't really even close. ;)

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Google-Nexus-5-vs-Apple-iPhone-5s_id3480/page/2

ZEDGE
04-04-2014, 06:52 PM

LOL good thing I have a 5S that will run circles (been proven to be faster phone) around an N5 and take much better pictures. Benchmark numbers aren't really even close. ;)

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Google-Nexus-5-vs-Apple-iPhone-5s_id3480/page/2

Im sure the S5 will be better in every way than your 5S, and my N5, but I don't care. Come back when Apple makes a phone as good as an N5 and sells if for the same price. The 5C is $600 and an inferior phone in every way, also a flop by Apple standards. Its ridiculous how over priced Apples products are. My lumia 920 probably takes better pics. The N5 camera has OIS, even the fancy 5S doesnt have this. I bet my N5 takes better video with no shaking and low light pictures. :P The update to the camera couple months ago improved the N5 camera quite a bit. 5S is probably still better, but not $400 better.

5S is nice but that screen is too small and I simply despise iOS. It will be funny seeing the Apple fans move the goal posts again when Apple announces the new iphone with a 5 inch screen this year. ;) Playing catchup again, as that is all Apple does now. You should thank all the poor Android users and the oems pushing the specs and technologies forward at a much faster pace than Apple would be. :)

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/4/5571926/apple-document-shows-concern-for-iphone-sales-decline-need-for-bigger-iPhone

please don't take me to seriously. :D I love all gadget and techie stuff truth be told.

01RedDX
04-04-2014, 07:07 PM

blairtruck
04-04-2014, 07:09 PM
In my defense, I still hate Macs hiaha.

me also. house has 2 iphones 2 ipads and 2 win7 PC

kee58
04-04-2014, 07:30 PM
The rich, it seems, use iPhones while the poor tweet from Androids. :love:

heavyD
04-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

LOL pretty easy to push a 640p screen. I'll stick with my N5 with 1080p and superior software.

Superior software? After which update to fix all the broken stuff? Google; "kitkat ruined my phone" wow lots of threads of broken android phones from supposed superior software. I think I will stick with IOS thanks. Yeah and I'll gladly use my TV when I need to see 1080p as opposed to a 5" screen.:rolleyes:

ZEDGE
04-04-2014, 07:52 PM

Superior software? After which update to fix all the broken stuff? Google; "kitkat ruined my phone" wow lots of threads of broken android phones from supposed superior software. I think I will stick with IOS thanks. Yeah and I'll gladly use my TV when I need to see 1080p as opposed to a 5" screen.:rolleyes:

I'll play!!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ios7+runied+my+iphone&oq=ios7+runied+my+iphone&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7911j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=ios7+problems

Did I do it right?

;)

Something tells me you have never actually even used and android phone, not in the last few years anyway. :dunno:

The great myth that iOS is more stable than Android.. lol

http://bgr.com/2014/03/28/apple-android-app-stability/

Crittercism released its Mobile Experience Benchmark report on Thursday, highlighting the surprising differences between apps on Apple and Android devices. Based on data gathered from over 1 billion mobile users, Crittercism has found that even though iOS 7.1 is Apple’s most stable release for apps yet, the latest software still has a crash rate of 1.6%.

On the other hand, Android versions KitKat, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean all have crash rates of just 0.7%. Even Gingerbread appears to be more stable than any iOS version before 7.1.

sr20s14zenki
04-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Love my s4, but not too happy with kitkat i must say. Its a buggy piece of crap. Hopefully the next update fixes that. Before the update, it was much better. Great battery life, big screen, great functionality. Never drops calls. I stopped liking apple when all of the updates seemed to make the phones slower once their lifetime (a year by apple standards) was up and new hardware was out.

sr20s14zenki
04-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by variance

You still use your voice to talk? How very 2013 of you. I just hire a fake sign language interpretator to silently communicate my words.

LMAO!! Good stuff

ExtraSlow
04-04-2014, 09:14 PM
The secret to apple is to NEVER do any updates. Each one is designed to make you require a new phone. True story.

ZEDGE
04-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Love my s4, but not too happy with kitkat i must say. Its a buggy piece of crap. Hopefully the next update fixes that. Before the update, it was much better. Great battery life, big screen, great functionality. Never drops calls. I stopped liking apple when all of the updates seemed to make the phones slower once their lifetime (a year by apple standards) was up and new hardware was out.

Blame Samsung, its flawless on a Nexus. ;)

sr20s14zenki
04-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Blame Samsung, its flawless on a Nexus. ;)

God dammit!! (=

rage2
04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
WTF bring it back on topic. Rich people don't care which phone is better haha.

spikerS
04-04-2014, 09:28 PM

QFT

There is safety in numbers.

ZEDGE
04-04-2014, 10:41 PM

True, especially when they buy diamond encrusted Blackberrys or Ferrari edition ones..:rofl:

mork
04-04-2014, 10:51 PM
A 16 GB S4 or One is worth $700 off contract just like an iPhone.

Not sure where the 'more expensive' comments comes from.

And when you get bored with it, the android depreciates a lot faster and holds little interest. Whereas the iPhone is in demand longer and retains better value.

I'm no expert but I have flipped 30-40 phones in last few years. Apple stuff is like currency. I never lose money on them if I am careful to not over pay - I get what I paid almost every time.

But I have been raped trying to get rid of Notes and Galaxies. I usually don't have the patience to wait months to find a buyer for something.

K3RMiTdot
04-04-2014, 11:11 PM
i have a S4 and S5 on the way and ipad what does that make me? Super poor?

zieg
04-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Yeah I carry a galaxy s3 and an iphone 5s and honestly the only thing the iphone has going for it is the exterior build quality (nothing htc can't top though) and possibly the fingerprint reader when it works. In every other respect I prefer the s3 hands down. The lack of hardware menu and back buttons is infuriating. But maybe I'm just spoiled from being a longtime android user...

shakalaka
04-04-2014, 11:35 PM
I agree with whoever said the resale on the iPhone's is so much better. I've never had issues flipping those but end up getting stuck with Android's. I have a Note 3 at the moment and I think I am going to end up getting stuck with this and flip it for cheap. Even the HTC One, I had to flip for next to nothing.

firebane
04-04-2014, 11:47 PM
The resale on a iphone is so good because people know OF them. People who know how crappy they really are and are smart and in tune with the technology will realize Android is better.

ZEDGE
04-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Shaazbot

Xtrema
04-05-2014, 02:37 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1373055/Why-iPhone-users-look-rich-usually-poor.html

Tldr, iPhone users are posers :rofl:

Idiot Stick
04-05-2014, 07:31 AM

*highfive*

Seth1968
04-05-2014, 08:08 AM

Nice try. But like my vaccination thread, this isn't going away:)

01RedDX
04-05-2014, 01:39 PM

Tik-Tok
04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Those are techies who are trying not to look like techies in social situations :rofl:

ZEDGE
04-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Anecdotal perhaps but at work my team consists of 13 people. Non of which are techy by any means. All have Samsung phones (S2, S4s, Notes), two recently picked up Note 3s. I'm the black sheep with an N5. Most of the guys in support, engineering etc all have nexus phones. :dunno:

I see far more people with Android (specifically Samsung) phones these days. I can tell you what phone someone has from 15 feet away.. yes I am that nerdy about this stuff. :rofl:

heavyD
04-05-2014, 09:10 PM

I'll play!!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ios7+runied+my+iphone&oq=ios7+runied+my+iphone&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7911j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=ios7+problems

Did I do it right?

;)

Something tells me you have never actually even used and android phone, not in the last few years anyway. :dunno:

The great myth that iOS is more stable than Android.. lol

http://bgr.com/2014/03/28/apple-android-app-stability/

Kind of but you just listed problems none really critical and you actually linked a lot of links to fixes for them. I don't see the long list of bricked iphones like there are android users with kitkat. Didn't it take an update or two just to get the battery to hold a charge for more than 6 hours and take a half decent photo on an N5? Did they every fix the horrible speakers?

Like RedDX said lots of techie people I see also use iPhones as all our IT guys have them and they can choose whatever they want. I will say that to concur with the thread title as virtually all the guys in engineering and drafting except three use iPhones and the only people in our facility that use android are ones in the back doing assembly that are all of the lower paid people in the company. What that tells me is that people can afford it usually prefer apple and those that can't will get whatever offers the most for the best price. I'm glad that Android enables them to get a decent phone. Chances are if a lot of them made more money they would own iPhones instead.

ZEDGE
04-05-2014, 10:38 PM

Kind of but you just listed problems none really critical and you actually linked a lot of links to fixes for them. I don't see the long list of bricked iphones like there are android users with kitkat. Didn't it take an update or two just to get the battery to hold a charge for more than 6 hours and take a half decent photo on an N5? Did they every fix the horrible speakers?

Like RedDX said lots of techie people I see also use iPhones as all our IT guys have them and they can choose whatever they want. I will say that to concur with the thread title as virtually all the guys in engineering and drafting except three use iPhones and the only people in our facility that use android are ones in the back doing assembly that are all of the lower paid people in the company. What that tells me is that people can afford it usually prefer apple and those that can't will get whatever offers the most for the best price. I'm glad that Android enables them to get a decent phone. Chances are if a lot of them made more money they would own iPhones instead.

Battery has been great on my N5. According to your link you posted the 5S last 12 min longer in a battery test.. wow.

There is a bug that can drain the battery which has happened to me once, not a big deal and google is aware of it and addressing it.

You do realize that the flag ship Android phones like the S4/5, Notes, etc are expensive also right?

If you go to one of the big three and get a new phone on contract the high end Androids are just as expensive. The big difference is with Android there is a much larger variety to choose from, you don't have to go for the high end phones. Unlike Apple who limits your choice. I don't see how thats a bad thing.

Both phones over $200 on contract or $699 outright.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/compare-iphones

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_Detailed=NOTE3BLK&N=52+11+277

Most people buying iphones only do so as a status symbol, shows how shallow and transparent most Apple fans are. Judging by your holier than thou attitude because you use an iphone its pretty clear thats the case.

I'm not poor and could have an iphone if I actually wanted one, but I do not. Any high end (hell mid range) android > any iphone in my opinion. I would take a Windows phone over an iphone, it is also superior in my opinion. With Apple you are paying for a brand, nothing more.

DeleriousZ
04-06-2014, 12:29 AM
I'm poor as shit, but my $700 note 3 is fucking amazing. :thumbsup:

KRyn
04-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Take this poor people, now Iphones will be even further out of reach!

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/04/14/apple-inc-reportedly-wants-to-raise-the-price-of-the-iphone-by-100/?__lsa=238b-38fb

GQBalla
04-15-2014, 07:29 AM
damn it....

#foreverpoor

HiTempguy1
04-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Both phones over $200 on contract or $699 outright.

The S3 when it first came out VERY quickly went to $0 on a three year contract, compared to the then relatively new iphone 5 which was still $169 or something around there for the lowest gb model.

This flooded the market with samsungs. I still marvel at how well IOS works and how solid the phones are in your hands. My s3 is a POS in comparison to even a 3gs, wish I hadn't switched.

For 99% of everyday use, an iphone is much better for user friendliness and overall useability.

Xtrema
04-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Samsung phones always feel cheap. But $100 more on a bigger iPhone does make sense if Apple want to protect the value of i devices in the long term and basically they don't want more market share.

mr2mike
04-15-2014, 08:43 AM
It's just like this story about Grey Goose Vodka.
They decided to price themselves as a premium vodka, higher price gives illusion of being elitist and hence the sales...
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/

ZEDGE
04-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

The S3 when it first came out VERY quickly went to $0 on a three year contract, compared to the then relatively new iphone 5 which was still $169 or something around there for the lowest gb model.

This flooded the market with samsungs. I still marvel at how well IOS works and how solid the phones are in your hands. My s3 is a POS in comparison to even a 3gs, wish I hadn't switched.

For 99% of everyday use, an iphone is much better for user friendliness and overall useability.

Thats one phone out of dozens. It may have gone to $0 on contract but the outright price remained the same. That is likely Samsung pushing for sales. In the end it worked, Samsung rules Android and Apple when it comes to sales.