PDA

View Full Version : Stolen LED light bars

HuMz
04-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Hey just wondering if everyone could keep an eye out for light bars for sale. My 20" alien LED light bar was stolen last night as well as a nearby neighbor (Auburn Bay) (40") who posted a ad on kijiji looking for his. In both cases the thief cut the wires short and broke the mounting tabs in half.

Mine also had 3 bulbs burnt out on the one end so it should be fairly easy to spot if someone mounts it and you see it on.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UDgmOF00UPc/U0Co_eqPG9I/AAAAAAAAFR4/nRBa-luRwUA/w976-h552-no/2014+-+1

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m548/jostr2/Group%20Buy%20Pics/ledadvantagepic.jpg

jacky4566
04-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Is there any markings on them?
I suspect the thief will post whatever is written on the bar.
Keep my eye out.

DEATH2000
04-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Thats not right man. What were the mounting tabs made out of? They look metal, so how did they manage to break them??

Jeeper1986
04-06-2014, 01:08 AM
this is the one thing im afraid of... I have 2 cree lights as my fogs mounted on my bumper and im scared some one will just come and cut them off and walk away... I Live in auburn bay too I do park my jeep in the garage tho, I bet its the construction guys going around my area

gyromonkey
04-06-2014, 08:12 AM
I lost my new 36" bar off my last superduty in January I checked and checked on line for it with no luck. My Insurance covered it fully. It was just a total piss off I feel your pain man

HuMz
04-06-2014, 09:07 AM
I think they used a saw zaw to cut the brackets which were made of aluminum. Not sure if it is worth it to claim it through insurance, I'll have to look into that.

gyromonkey
04-06-2014, 09:42 AM
The cut mine off too, I ended up having to pay the 250 deductible but the light was over 1400 to buy so it made sense. If the deductible was 500 i don't think I would have calmed it

stillworking
04-06-2014, 10:26 AM
The Bottom line is these things are theft magnets. You would probably not mount your car stereo to the outside of your vehicle, or leave your TV on the front porch and not expect to have have it stolen. I will keep my eye open for it. If you get another, you may consider mounting it only when wheeling to prevent a recurrence.

Personally, this is one trend I would like to go away. After being blinded behind or passing enough guys in the Edmonton Area riding around in their trucks with HID's, foglights, and lightbar(s) on, I fail to understand all of it. To me they are like Ed Hardy Shirts for your truck.

FraserB
04-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Jeeper1986
this is the one thing im afraid of... I have 2 cree lights as my fogs mounted on my bumper and im scared some one will just come and cut them off and walk away... I Live in auburn bay too I do park my jeep in the garage tho, I bet its the construction guys going around my area

You're a moron. Ohhhh someone stole something, must be the tradesman who is working near my house. Don't worry, none of the methhead workers near your house is looking to rip off your baller lights..

Sugarphreak
04-06-2014, 02:02 PM

gyromonkey
04-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Hahaha yeah small world. Yeah I have 6 Cameras on my place now with a 3.5TB hard drive on loop, I'd love to catch the guys who took my light

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I was going to say I know a guy this happened to... then I saw "What I drive: 1991 Isuzu impulse RS"

Small world :rofl:

I've got cameras all over my house these days... so if somebody decides to snag a few of my lights I will at least get a good look at them... god help them if I find out where they live, because I will be coming through the front door with my truck.

ddduke
04-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

You're a moron. Ohhhh someone stole something, must be the tradesman who is working near my house. Don't worry, none of the methhead workers near your house is looking to rip off your baller lights..

I'm glad someone said that

DEATH2000
04-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
I think they used a saw zaw to cut the brackets which were made of aluminum. Not sure if it is worth it to claim it through insurance, I'll have to look into that.
Shoot me a PM. I can help you replace it for cheaper then you might think.

Darell_n
04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
They are theft magnets because people pay way, way too much. You can buy any of them for roughly $1/watt off Alibaba. The thefts would stop when everyone realizes they aren't worth much.