PDA

View Full Version : heading out for the first ride of the season..

JVR1
04-07-2014, 04:39 PM
On my way to get my registration. It is waaaay too nice out..

Anyone else hitting the streets today?

brucebanner
04-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Saw some guys out yesterday south of Canyon Meadows in the early afternoon.

gx12
04-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JVR1
On my way to get my registration. It is waaaay too nice out..

Anyone else hitting the streets today?

it's my first season/first ride so I went out yesterday and today just to refresh my skills a little, but it's a little windy up in Coventry hills area today.

mdeleon
04-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Went out for a bit today, only to fill up and wash it. Going out tomorrow afternoon.

Graham_A_M
04-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Took it out Friday after work for a good rip, then out on Sunday again. Will do so tomorrow again, possibly ride to work too, depending on the temp in the morning. If its any warmer then +3 in the morning, consider it done, lol.

Modelexis
04-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I'll be riding to work all week. It was a bit chilly this morning on my ride and friday morning but things are warming up so it can only get better from here.

G
04-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Saw a bunch of idiots ripping up 17th around 5pm. WOT from light to light and a few wheelies thrown in for good measure.

mdeleon
04-07-2014, 11:15 PM
My weather app is saying it's supposed to snow a little on Wednesday. Be careful guys.

revelations
04-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by G
Saw a bunch of idiots ripping up 17th around 5pm. WOT from light to light and a few wheelies thrown in for good measure.

Must be early season squid time! Reminds me that its time to start working on the bike .... clutch is leaking :(

Kijho
04-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Rode to work today.. +4C beaaautiful in the morning 2 hoodies with jeans over dress pants heh, now to fit all this extra layering in my backpack for the +20 home...

Boosted131
04-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Did the 22x loop down through Bragg creek and the roads were great :)

klumsy_tumbler
04-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Just a question (as a non-bike owner) out of curiousity: Do bikers get affected by all the gravel and crap that's on the road? I mean, it's especially bad after everything has started to melt, and I can't imagine that getting sand-blasted by all that stuff feeling all that great...

Again, no personal experience with it, just curious :)

revelations
04-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Yes....dont follow trucks.

JVR1
04-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Boosted131
Did the 22x loop down through Bragg creek and the roads were great :)

i was tempted to do this yesterday but once it became overcast i was thinking it might cool down too much so i stayed around town.

ExtremeSi
04-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler
Just a question (as a non-bike owner) out of curiousity: Do bikers get affected by all the gravel and crap that's on the road? I mean, it's especially bad after everything has started to melt, and I can't imagine that getting sand-blasted by all that stuff feeling all that great...

Again, no personal experience with it, just curious :)

Yes. Gravel sucks. As mentioned, don't follow trucks. Don't push it too hard in a corner if there may be gravel on it. Don't pull on the brakes hard on gravel, etc.

It's really going to suck having the street cleaners take longer this year.

Mibz
04-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Went out for the mail, couldn't deal with the warmth, had to take the bike out. Didn't break any bones before vacation, great success.

mdeleon
04-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Awesome day to ride!

Graham_A_M
04-08-2014, 09:43 PM
LOL, where I work by Cross Iron Mills, I went into work today with all of no power at our workplace, I walked into total darkness with merely the glow of the screens of smartphones going (WTF) turns out there was a serious power outage in that whole neck of the woods, so we all left work at 11am or earlier. (SWEET!!!!!!!!)

So Ive been riding since 1pm. Went out to Bragg Creek, Turner Valley, Black Diamond, Okotoks then home. Asides from the gravel in the parking lots and the residential areas, its quite good out there.
Got a shit ton of compliments on the Trumpet, which is always smile enhancing lol.
Just about put my knee down on the Okotoks to highway 1 (north) cloverleaf, not bad for the first major ride of this year.
:rofl:

ercchry
04-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Saw some poor bastard fighting the wind on hwy 2 today... only fired the bikes up when i got home... still need a new cdi for the one... after what happened last year with early season riding im going to wait a while i think... people are too stupid

Graham_A_M
04-08-2014, 09:58 PM
^ dude the wind was nothing on highway 2 today.... not even worth noting. I only noticed it coming back into Calgary when the dust and crap from Shawnessey was starting to blow in my face with visor open. Just closing that changed all of that, I didn't even have to lean into the wind in the least. :dunno:

Mibz
04-08-2014, 10:05 PM
The wind was a fucking gong show on Stoney. I was at like 30* lean the entire time, haha.

ercchry
04-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ dude the wind was nothing on highway 2 today.... not even worth noting. I only noticed it coming back into Calgary when the dust and crap from Shawnessey was starting to blow in my face with visor open. Just closing that changed all of that, I didn't even have to lean into the wind in the least. :dunno:

This was around 6pm... dude was leaning hard... but it also wasnt a consistent gust so he'd be leaning then the wind would die and i'd see a big wobble.... then back to leaning. he was on an older bike though... which probably didnt help

Graham_A_M
04-09-2014, 10:10 PM
^ Even so Ive been in a lot worse, a LOT worse, it wasn't bad in the least that day.
But yeah, steering dampeners are worth their weight in gold if thats the case lol.

khanan
04-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Took it out today! Damn it was nice out.
Got a bit windy on my way back from uni but it was fun.

shakalaka
04-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Was thinking of taking the gixxer out yesterday when it was plus 16 here in Edmonton. Tried to turn on the bike and boom battery seems to be dead which is annoying cause it was starting up in February and I didn't touch it for a month or so and it's gone. Now, got to wait until the long weekend to bring the battery back to Calgary and charge it before putting it back in the bike. Oh well...hopefully the gravel will be completely gone by then I guess.

16hypen3sp
04-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Many, MANY bikes out in Red Deer & area, especially Monday and Tuesday... myself included. I was out for a few hours each day and it was awesome.

Feels good to be back at it again.

Kijho
04-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Went last night at like 7pm and as soon as that sun went down... sh*t got reeeeaaaaal cold reeeeaaaaal quick.
Worth it though... :D

Supa Dexta
04-19-2014, 04:54 AM
Don't feel like making another thread so here,

xtKbquQRXHM#t=180

JVR1
05-12-2014, 09:34 AM
anyone head out to elbow falls yet? i'm curious if that bridge is back to normal or if you still have to ride down the gravel temp road on the side.