PDA

View Full Version : Washer and Dryer Delivery service...?

eblend
04-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Hey guys,

I am in need of a new washer and dryer as the old one is starting to leave crap on our newly washed clothes and is forever old. We want to get a new set, but our washer and dryer is upstairs, and I just can't be bothered to buy a new set, drag it all the way upstairs, get the old set, move it down and then get rid of it.

Does any store offer a delivery service where they will also take away your old stuff, load it up on their truck, and dispose of it? Normally I sell my old things on kijiji, but being heavy and practically worthless, I much rather just get rid of them and save myself the headache. Anyone know if this service is offered by anyone? I never really thought about this until my recent trip to japan where this is the norm as you can't just throw away stuff in Japan easily...

supe
04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I recently had to go through this. I put my old set on kijiji for free, and despite one not working I got 5 calls and 3 texts in 5 minutes. A guy came right away with a dolly and van.

However if you buy through most stores they will take your old set away for a small fee. I didn't inquire about install of the new set but I'm sure that is an option. I ended up going with Costco, they had free shipping but only to your door, I hauled it in and installed myself.

Mitsu3000gt
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Home Depot does. They hauled my old one away even though it was a permanently attached stacking washer/dryer (i.e. one giant unit). Then they brought up my new stuff. I think I even negotiated it into the price, or it was $50 or something really cheap.

eblend
04-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Cool thanks for the info. Yah I have listed stuff for free on kijiji before and always gotten a ton of calls, but my main concern is the fact that they are upstairs and would have to be brought down a finished staircase, and I am sure kijiji people wouldn't give a crap if they damaged your walls or whatever taking it down, whereas moving companies would generally be insured for that type of stuff.

I am thinking of buying from Home Depot so it's good to know they do that stuff.

roopi
04-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Trail will also take away the old set for a fee. I'm pretty sure anyone who delivers will take the old set away for a fee.

raceman6135
04-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Lowe's is similar to Home Depot in that they'll deliver your new and haul away your old for a reasonable fee. I believe it was $75 for fridge and dishwasher combined.

Note that most delivery guys will do simple installations such as fridges, stoves, washers and non-gas dryers, but won't disconnect dishwashers or gas dryers -- at least that's the Lowe's policy, because of hard-wired electric (dishwashers) and natural gas lines (dryers).

SuperFlyOrDie
04-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Pro tip, buy your new set and get it delivered, then slip the delivery guys a few bucks to take your old ones away. Cheaper than booking it with the salesman, and they appreciate it more since they just pocket the cash.

masoncgy
04-14-2014, 11:06 AM
If you buy a new set through me, I will remove & dispose of the old ones free of charge.

PM me if you need help.