PDA

View Full Version : Best Recruitment Agency for Engineers?

Prail
04-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Curious if anyone has any thoughts or knowledge on this.

Wife is an Engineer who is in a bit of a rut with her current position - was just wondering if any fine beyonders know of any recruitment places that specialize in engineering in Calgary?

Thanks kindly.

Rarasaurus
04-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Petrostaff
www.petro-staff.com (http://www.petro-staff.com/)

mo_money2supe
04-14-2014, 09:36 AM
What discipline of engineering? What line of work (eg. O&G, consulting, research, etc.)? Need a bit more info...

Does she have a LinkedIn profile? I always get contacted by recruiters on there for potential jobs. Don't find them, let them work for it and find you! That's how I got my latest job...moved up and got my old boss' position! :thumbsup:

Prail
04-14-2014, 09:42 AM
She is in Civil - Project Management.

No linkedin - she should probably get on that haha.

Open to other industries / disiplines, has chem as her backround.

Cheers,

schurchill39
04-14-2014, 02:05 PM
+1 for Linked in. Its crazy how many people look through your profile and how many calls I've received from recruiters asking if I want to move companies. Its definitely a very useful tool.

ExtraSlow
04-14-2014, 03:09 PM
+2 for linkedin. Build a profile, including lots of details about all her past job. Can put in much more info than your resume. Then make sure to connect with everyone she knows at companies she's worked at, or friends at companies in her field. It'll draw the attention of the recruiters pretty fast.

Here is the "big" list of all the calgary recruiters. They are not all created equally, but it's a handy list to have.
http://www.advantagetech.com/careertransition-calgaryheadhunters.htm
Also remember, recruiters work for the company, NOT for the candidate. they may be able to help you, but they are under no obligation or incentive to do so. You must be willing to put serious effort into your career search.

Prail
04-15-2014, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
+2 for linkedin. Build a profile, including lots of details about all her past job. Can put in much more info than your resume. Then make sure to connect with everyone she knows at companies she's worked at, or friends at companies in her field. It'll draw the attention of the recruiters pretty fast.

Here is the "big" list of all the calgary recruiters. They are not all created equally, but it's a handy list to have.
http://www.advantagetech.com/careertransition-calgaryheadhunters.htm
Also remember, recruiters work for the company, NOT for the candidate. they may be able to help you, but they are under no obligation or incentive to do so. You must be willing to put serious effort into your career search.

Thanks for this!

Yup, she is far from lazy when it comes to her career - just potentially wanted to look at other options in the field and wasn't really sure what to look at just yet. That goes a long way to give her some ideas.