PDA

View Full Version : Official Beer Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Cos
04-16-2014, 10:18 PM

adamc
04-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/thecosworth/IMG_20140329_132139_zpswo6tzer4.jpg

Kickass beer fridge man, how the hell did you get it transparent all the way around?

:eek: :drool:

Jokes aside, I look forward to lurking this thread for new stuff to try.

Your collab with another beyonder makes me think we should pool some resources and get a local Calgary brewer to construct a beyond.ca special edition beer.

theken
04-17-2014, 02:20 AM
Big craft fan, I dabbled in brewing beer, I didn't enjoy my first creation so I stopped. I did enjoy the wine I made way better so I am going to touch on that again shortly

Maxt
04-17-2014, 06:43 AM
I am a big Belgian Wit fan, I often stop at different stores just to look for brands I haven't had yet. A few have disappointed, but not many.

ExtraSlow
04-17-2014, 08:14 AM
what's the ballpark price for a batch of beer? Anyone feel like brewing up a wit or lager for the sumemr months?

n1zm0
04-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Cos
So just realized that Beyond doesn't have an official beer thread.

I guess not beer aficionado threads but we did have these:

this one went on for 8 years lol (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=91917)

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=360932

timdog
04-17-2014, 10:46 AM
I am a pretty serious home brewer. I brew all-grain and have lost count long ago on how many batches I've done. everything from 5 gallon batches of hefeweizen and IPAs, to 55 gallon batches of barrel aged beer. I created my own temperature controlled fermentation chamber at home where I can control the temp within 0.1 degree celsius, I always use a yeast starter to control my yeast pitch and health, I dry hop, keg, bottle condition, you name it, so if anyone has any brewing related questions I would love nothing more than to share my nerdy knowledge that none of my friends or family ever want to hear about.

I first got into beer about 8 years ago when i went to Belgium with my wife to visit her family (she's Belgian) and seeing how they treat and experience beer there just instantly converted me for life.

anyway, I can talk beer and/or brewing for hours. could get the conversation rolling with maybe a brief survey if anyone is interested:

1) favorite beer style

2) favorite beer (limit to 1 or 2)

3) favorite beer location (part A: in Calgary, part B: anywhere in the world)

4) if you brew, whats the favorite beer you've made?

5) what beer are you looking for that you haven't found yet? (can be a specific beer that you know exists, or just something you've dreamt up)

ok maybe i'm too excited about this........

timdog
04-17-2014, 10:51 AM
here's mine...

1) favorite beer style: probably barrel aged imperial stouts

2) favorite beer (limit to 1 or 2): Deschutes The Abyss and Block 15 Sticky Hands (something I had in Portland that's similar to Pliney the Elder)

3) favorite beer location (part A: in Calgary, part B: anywhere in the world): A) probably beer revolution due to the ever-changing beer menu, B) Portland hands down

4) if you brew, whats the favorite beer you've made? Probably my Black IPA that I've done a couple times, I call it Fear of the Dark.

5) what beer are you looking for that you haven't found yet? (can be a specific beer that you know exists, or just something you've dreamt up). I want a beer that tastes just like a Double IPA (think Pliney or even Phillips Amnesiac) but is like 4-5% ABV. I've tried and I am not sure if it's possible. but I'll keep trying.

AudiPWR
04-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by timdog
I am a pretty serious home brewer. I brew all-grain and have lost count long ago on how many batches I've done. everything from 5 gallon batches of hefeweizen and IPAs, to 55 gallon batches of barrel aged beer. I created my own temperature controlled fermentation chamber at home where I can control the temp within 0.1 degree celsius, I always use a yeast starter to control my yeast pitch and health, I dry hop, keg, bottle condition, you name it, so if anyone has any brewing related questions I would love nothing more than to share my nerdy knowledge that none of my friends or family ever want to hear about.

I first got into beer about 8 years ago when i went to Belgium with my wife to visit her family (she's Belgian) and seeing how they treat and experience beer there just instantly converted me for life.

anyway, I can talk beer and/or brewing for hours. could get the conversation rolling with maybe a brief survey if anyone is interested:

1) favorite beer style

2) favorite beer (limit to 1 or 2)

3) favorite beer location (part A: in Calgary, part B: anywhere in the world)

4) if you brew, whats the favorite beer you've made?

5) what beer are you looking for that you haven't found yet? (can be a specific beer that you know exists, or just something you've dreamt up)

ok maybe i'm too excited about this........

1) Belgian Lambic/Krieks/Sours
2) New Belgium Brewing - Lafolie (Shit cost like $20 for a bomber!)

http://www.newbelgium.com/Beer/detail.aspx?id=4e583fd6-95e4-4ea0-908c-4436f5dc8fa8
SO fucking good.

3) Fort Collins, CO
4) Never brewed
5) Trying to find more lambics/krieks locally, in Colorado I could find them easily. Proving to be hard in Canada, specially on draft =(

timdog
04-17-2014, 11:15 AM
nice man! not alot of sour lovers around. i got a tour of the new belgium brewery, it was pretty sweet. they brought us to the barrel room and we sampled some La Folie too. Fort Collins is a wicked town. Luckily for me, I go there for work a few times a year so I always bring back a buttload in my suitcase, haha. There is this sour brewery in portland called Cascade Barrel House, you would love it.

Cos
04-17-2014, 02:26 PM

timdog
04-17-2014, 03:12 PM
more on homebrewing cost, for all-grain brewing you are looking at $300 minimum for equipment, but of course you can spend thousands. but then brewing directly from the grain instead of using extract is usually cheaper. for a beer with little hops, I can make about 60 bottles of beer for less than 50 bucks, and then the most I would spend if its a high alcohol and very hoppy beer is maybe $90. so I'm looking at anywhere between 85 cents and $1.50 per beer.
not to mention you are really in full control of your brewing and the outcome of your beer with all-grain (for better or worse)

Aaaaaron
04-18-2014, 08:13 AM
here's mine...

1) favorite beer style: probably barrel aged imperial stouts

2) favorite beer (limit to 1 or 2): Deschutes The Abyss and Block 15 Sticky Hands (something I had in Portland that's similar to Pliney the Elder)

3) favorite beer location (part A: in Calgary, part B: anywhere in the world): A) probably beer revolution due to the ever-changing beer menu, B) Portland hands down

4) if you brew, whats the favorite beer you've made? Probably my Black IPA that I've done a couple times, I call it Fear of the Dark.

5) what beer are you looking for that you haven't found yet? (can be a specific beer that you know exists, or just something you've dreamt up). I want a beer that tastes just like a Double IPA (think Pliney or even Phillips Amnesiac) but is like 4-5% ABV. I've tried and I am not sure if it's possible. but I'll keep trying.
Have you tried Paddock Wood's double IPA Loki? I've never gotten my hands on a Pliney the Elder, but I like Loki more then Amnesiac.

I got one of those Brooklyn Brew shop kits for Christmas and it was fun but a lot of work for 8-10 beers. I think if I was to do it again I'd just get one of those big add water kits.

timdog
04-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Yeah I've tried Double Loki, it's damn good!
agreed that those small kits can be a bit of a waste of time. Not worth the effort. get a full size 5-6 gallon setup and start with the kits like you said. once you are a bit more comfortable with the process you can start modifying the kits to your liking, then start modifying more and more from there if you are still into it.

AudiPWR
04-22-2014, 09:31 AM
nice man! not alot of sour lovers around. i got a tour of the new belgium brewery, it was pretty sweet. they brought us to the barrel room and we sampled some La Folie too. Fort Collins is a wicked town. Luckily for me, I go there for work a few times a year so I always bring back a buttload in my suitcase, haha. There is this sour brewery in portland called Cascade Barrel House, you would love it.

I went to school for 4 years in Fort Collins, I was spoiled to say the least when it comes to beer. Tour de fat is a blast, its a booze and bike ride put together by New Belgium. We would go on brewery tours at least a couple times a week haha, it was our way of drinking for free. We could do New Belgium, Fort Collins Brewery and Odels(sp?) in under 4 hours haha.

I will have to check out Cascade Barrel House, sounds great!

Cooked Rice
05-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Is there anything like West Coast U Brew in Calgary?http://www.westcoastubrew.com/

davidI
05-10-2014, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

I guess not beer aficionado threads but we did have these:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=360932

I did try to get that Beer Crew thread going but it fizzled out pretty quickly. Hope this thread has better luck.

I just brought some brewing equipment into Yemen and hope to get into it as a hobby. Lots of logistical issues here as I'll have to use bottled water for everything, including sanitation, and it's difficult to get any supplies in.

We'll see how it goes.

First beer will by my AQ Ale. Guess what the AQ stands for given it's being brewed in Yemen...

takkyu
05-13-2014, 01:24 AM
commenting to keep track. some may call me an aficionado but I do not consider myself one, least not yet until I make my own brew. Checking out untapped now.

Cos
05-13-2014, 08:07 AM

Cos
05-27-2014, 09:39 PM

xnvy
05-27-2014, 09:56 PM
^How did you like the Unibroue?

Whenever I go to Bottlescrew Bill's (my favourite bar in Calgary) I usually get a Unibroue and something new. I really like the Blonde, Blanche, and La Fin Du Monde. They've got a really extensive beer menu there. I actually prefer it to Craft Beer Market even though I think CBM's menu is larger. I'm not sure of other establishments in Calgary with similar size menus.

I tried the Granville Raspberry Ale, that was also pretty good. I realize I'm not giving detailed reviews here but I haven't really developed a palette yet unfortunately. I just have preferences for one drink over another.

Oh, Negra Modelo was tasty as well but I don't have the slightest clue where to get some in Calgary.

Dumbass17
05-27-2014, 10:04 PM
I just started brewing my own beer. I bought 'beer' bottles off kijiji. Get home and they appear to be BBQ sauce bottles from Cattle Boyz. Will these work for beer still?!

Cos
05-27-2014, 10:36 PM

Feruk
05-28-2014, 08:24 AM
Anyone know a liquor store I can buy some Czechvar at? Cannot find...

Dumbass17
05-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Finally, I have a bit of a soft spot for ToolShed and am happy to see they've made it into some local places. Earls on 4th in Mission had it and Toad n' Turtle got it for the first night when we were there for wing night a few weeks ago.

WHAT?!
I've tried two variations of Tool Shed's at National and I hated both. The cream ale I believe tasted like actual garbage water. I let my friends all try some and one actually spit it out haha

Cos
05-28-2014, 10:04 AM

timdog
05-28-2014, 10:36 AM
So far I haven't loved Tool Shed's offerings but I'll support them anyway. Love to see small local breweries pop up like this. Not long ago you couldn't even legally start a brewery in Alberta without doing so on a massive scale. I predict more of these will start popping up and Tool Shed has carved the path in some ways. Portland has 50+ breweries within it's city limits and it's less than half the size of Calgary.. That's because they have a mature beer culture and more accommodating laws regarding brewing and liquor distribution. Alberta still has a long way to go.

Cos
05-29-2014, 05:46 PM

davidI
05-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Found an amazing beer bar in Cyprus called Brewfellas and was abusing their stock the last couple of nights. Highlight was a Bo & Luke but it set me back 24 euros!

Dumbass17
05-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Have you tried the IPA (or like IPA)? I dont mind that and the Peoples Skills one. I dont like Cream Ales anyways so that is good to know.

I haven't had a good experience with any IPA's, or any that I can remember anyways. If I see IPA on a beer, I avoid it.

God I can't wait til my homebrew is ready..another week to bottle and another 2 after that!

Unknown303
05-30-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm an avid IPA drinker, but as of lately I've been dabbling a little in scotch.

Cos
05-30-2014, 11:35 AM

ercchry
05-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I'm an avid IPA drinker, but as of lately I've been dabbling a little in scotch.

does your house also smell of rich mahogany and leather?

Unknown303
05-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

does your house also smell of rich mahogany and leather?

Not yet, but soon.

xnvy
05-31-2014, 02:54 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5034/14291903376_5c4dd75d6d_z.jpg

Bought this, will let you know how it goes.

schocker
06-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
everyone has tasted all of thoseeeee :D

Can you buy ephemere in small bottles besides this pack, I have only ever seen it in big bottles.

Maxt
06-01-2014, 07:16 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5034/14291903376_5c4dd75d6d_z.jpg

After seeing the favourable reviews of Blanche De Chambly on BeerAdvocate, I was expecting a better beer than what it is. I found the flavors that make a Belgian white a Belgian white to be over powered, to wheaty and yeasty, making it taste bready instead of being able to detect the coriander and orange peel cues that I like in that style.

schocker
06-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

After seeing the favourable reviews of Blanche De Chambly on BeerAdvocate, I was expecting a better beer than what it is. I found the flavors that make a Belgian white a Belgian white to be over powered, to wheaty and yeasty, making it taste bready instead of being able to detect the coriander and orange peel cues that I like in that style.
I always found it has a strange yet pleasent after taste so I buy it from time to time to mix up with my shocktop and 1664 blanc.

Mitsu3000gt
06-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to find the Okanagan Springs Hefeweizen pack? It comes with 3 types, the Sonder (Summer?) Hefeweizen, Lime Hefeweizen, and Ginger Hefeweizen.

I've been to Willow Park, 2 different CO-OP liquor stores, and Superstore Liquor Store with no luck. I heard about it on a Calgary radio station so I assumed it would be available. Has anyone seen it? I wanted to give it a try, seems like it would be good beer for a hot day.

Cos
06-23-2015, 04:17 PM

E46..sTyLez
06-24-2015, 09:26 AM
I like the entire Unibroue selection. La fin du monde translates to "the end of the world", probably something to do with the 9% alcohol content lol. They have a really tasty apple brew as well. There was actually a game of thrones Unibroue a couple years back hehe.

My all time favorite, hands down, Innis & Gunn. I've tried somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100-150 different craft beers, and I&G will always be my favorite. I'm somewhat partial to it though cause it's brewed in my Dad's hometown.

E46..sTyLez
06-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Oh actually it is Ommegang that had the game of thrones beer. My mistake, the bottles look really similar...and it was a few years ago.

E46..sTyLez
06-24-2015, 09:41 AM
I like the idea of home brewing, sounds fun. I've never tried it though. Can anyone recommend where to get a starter kit?

Mitsu3000gt
06-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I've seen it at the 16th Ave one and the Airdrie COOP liquor. Not a ton of them though so you may be better off calling them all.

Airdrie is too far, but 16th ave isn't - thanks I will give them a call.

flipstah
06-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Cos, did anyone ever tell you about the spelling error in your label?...

Cos
06-24-2015, 03:22 PM

Hallowed_point
07-09-2015, 10:20 PM
I think I've found my new favourite Scandanavian brew. "Gull" brewed with Icelandic barley. 5.0% alcohol, pure Icelandic water,malted barley, Icelandic barley, hops & yeast. Imported by Christopher Stewart wines & spirits here in Calgary. Very refreshing clean flavour without any nasty hoppy aftertaste.

roopi
11-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Has anyone seen the Big Rock Spiced Winter Ale around?

Maxt
11-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by schocker

I always found it has a strange yet pleasent after taste so I buy it from time to time to mix up with my shocktop and 1664 blanc.
Try this :
http://www.harvestmoonbrew.com/index.php?p=beltian-white

The best Belgian white I have ever had.

flipstah
11-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I think I've found my new favourite Scandanavian brew. "Gull" brewed with Icelandic barley. 5.0% alcohol, pure Icelandic water,malted barley, Icelandic barley, hops & yeast. Imported by Christopher Stewart wines & spirits here in Calgary. Very refreshing clean flavour without any nasty hoppy aftertaste.

Sounds tasty. Iceland has hot women.

Somewhat relevant.

xnvy
11-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Lions Winter Ale is back! :drool:

riander5
11-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Deschutes chainbreaker and fresh squeezed IPA :drool:

dibbz
12-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Anyone else have any winter beer recommendations? Last weekend I picked up:

Ninkasi Vanilla Oatis Stout (not bad, a little high on the hops for my liking 50 IBU)

Old Yale Sasquatch Stout (haven't opened it, but definitely looking forward to trying it)

Fernie Brewing Sap Sucker Maple Porter (again haven't opened, but looking forward to it)

They aren't necessarily winter beers, but I had this urge for dark, heavy stouts and porters lately. I'll get a pack of Lions Winter Ale as I do every year. Other suggestions would be great!

roopi
12-03-2015, 12:17 PM
I prefer the Big Rock Winter Spiced Ale over the Lions Winter Ale. Haven't seen many other winter ales on the shelf yet.

Earls has their seasonal winter rhino ale is a favorite as well. :thumbsup:

dibbz
12-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by roopi
I prefer the Big Rock Winter Spiced Ale over the Lions Winter Ale. Haven't seen many other winter ales on the shelf yet.

Earls has their seasonal winter rhino ale is a favorite as well. :thumbsup:

I'll give Big Rock a try!

sputnik
12-03-2015, 12:33 PM

:drool:

I had this for the first time last week and I swear it tasted like someone melted an Aero bar in my beer.

It was shocking at first but was REALLY smooth.

Swank
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
The Lions Winter Ale is my go to beer every winter, so good and has a decent kick @ 5.5%. Tastes almost the same on tap if you're lucky enough to find it :thumbsup:

roopi
12-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Swank
The Lions Winter Ale is my go to beer every winter, so good and has a decent kick @ 5.5%. Tastes almost the same on tap if you're lucky enough to find it :thumbsup:

Keg (130th Ave) serves it on tap.

schocker
12-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

Try this :
http://www.harvestmoonbrew.com/index.php?p=beltian-white

The best Belgian white I have ever had.
Can you find this here or only in the US?

Probably available at like sobeys/coop?

sputnik
12-03-2015, 01:19 PM

Granville Island is now a Labatt company so it should be almost everywhere.

2Legit2Quit
12-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Sleemans dark chocolate lager is actually pretty yummy, tried it in their winter mixer pack.

ercchry
12-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

You'd think... My local liquor depot doesn't have any Granville products now, but they do have the stanlypark one... Which is cherry and chocolate vs the mint and chocolate, pretty good

Unknown303
12-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
Sleemans dark chocolate lager is actually pretty yummy, tried it in their winter mixer pack.

Just had this and god damn. Drank 2 before my wife finished her first beer.

Cos
12-03-2015, 07:42 PM

OTown
12-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Is it just me or is it incredibly hard to find Velvet Fog anywhere? Had a craving the other day and had gone to 4 different liquor stores - all of which were sold out. I ultimately found a 24 of their Pink Velvet variety pack to satisfy the craving (Wrasp-berry & Velvet Fog pack)

xnvy
12-03-2015, 09:01 PM

You'd think... My local liquor depot doesn't have any Granville products now, but they do have the stanlypark one... Which is cherry and chocolate vs the mint and chocolate, pretty good I've found it almost everywhere. Often times it is sold out. Liquor Depot by U of C usually has one or two cases as the rest are sold. Co-op liquor store nearby has it.

Kensington Pub also has it on tap as one of their seasonals.

Going to have to give the Big Rock one a try.

If anyone has yet to try the Delirium Christmas pack, you should check it out. The Tremens is my favourite but the Noel and the Nocturnum are very nice as well. I found it at liquor depot but they also have these beers at Bottlescrew Bill's.

Maxt
12-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Can you find this here or only in the US?

I found a 6 at the Coop just south of Glenmore on Mcleod..

xnvy
12-04-2015, 01:09 PM
The Big Rock Winter Ale is pretty good. I like the spices and it provides a nice alternative to the Lion's.

2Legit2Quit
12-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Yeah I don't mind the big rock winter ale since I like the taste of spices but wouldn't want to drink more than 3 or so in a sitting, personally.

BavarianBeast
12-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by OTown
Is it just me or is it incredibly hard to find Velvet Fog anywhere? Had a craving the other day and had gone to 4 different liquor stores - all of which were sold out. I ultimately found a 24 of their Pink Velvet variety pack to satisfy the craving (Wrasp-berry & Velvet Fog pack)

Just head over to the barracks? :dunno:

I live in Mission and their beer is everywhere around here.

dirtsniffer
12-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Just picked up the phillips snowcase.

Looks pretty tasty

schocker
12-04-2015, 04:09 PM
The Big Rock Winter Ale is pretty good. I like the spices and it provides a nice alternative to the Lion's.
I can never drink it again after I had a bottle and dropped it on the counter from like 1/2 inch above the granite and it exploded and everything smelled like spice and there was glass everywhere :rofl:

I tried a few of the granville at lunch and it was pretty interesting. I will probably go pick up a pack on the weekend.

Feruk
12-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Anyone seen Longboard Lager in Calgary?

riander5
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
Anyone seen Longboard Lager in Calgary?

oh das nasty

flipstah
03-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Anyone here drink radler? AKA deliciousness. :drool:

jwslam
03-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Anyone here drink radler? AKA deliciousness. :drool:
AKA only half a beer?
"Since half of this beer is actually fruit soda, Stiegl Grapefruit Radler is only 2.5 percent alcohol content, which allows you to drink just about as many as you could want in a single sitting. "
http://chicagoist.com/2013/08/02/beer_of_the_week_stiegl_grapefruit.php

Anyhow... I drink that stuff!
Anything that's not steigl just tastes off... I can't recall what the brand names are though.

RealJimmyJames
03-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Nice when you want a shandy.

riander5
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Bought a few bottles of Rogue Yellow Snow IPA

Good sh!t

xnvy
04-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Deschutes Black Butte porter or whatever is my new love.

roopi
12-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Tried the Whistler Chestnut Ale at a pub last weekend and it is pretty good. I had two pints and don't think I could have had a third. The taste gets pretty over powering after one. Definitely worth a try if you see it on tap.

Anyone try any new winters/darks lately that are worth trying?

carson blocks
12-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Anyone else have one of those craft beer advent calendars? I haven't been keeping track but there have sure been some interesting picks and stuff I'd never have tried on my own.

kertejud2
12-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Granville is Molson. Mill Street is Labatt now.

roopi
01-12-2017, 02:32 PM
$11.99/case for Big Rock Traditional at Willow Park right now. Limit 6 per customer.

Details here:
http://wpemails.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/6E1D016CAF000B722540EF23F30FEDED/7CB7D6256D3515C8942A2DF08F503B7C

ercchry
01-12-2017, 02:47 PM
$11.99/case for Big Rock Traditional at Willow Park right now. Limit 6 per customer.

Details here:
http://wpemails.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/6E1D016CAF000B722540EF23F30FEDED/7CB7D6256D3515C8942A2DF08F503B7C

Wow! Now that's tempting...

Brent.ff
01-12-2017, 03:58 PM
i may go raid that for wedding supplies haha

ercchry
01-12-2017, 04:51 PM
20min ago the supply was plenty... I only grabbed 4 cases, being a Thursday afternoon and all hahaha. But they have them in cardboard "24 flats" so carrying them is easy

jacky4566
01-12-2017, 06:36 PM
SOLD OUT. Damn. Buddy said they sold out in 3 hours.

roopi
01-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Another Willow Park sales:

$11.99/case for Big Rock Grasshopper Cans at Willow Park right now. Limit 6 per customer.

ercchry
01-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Another Willow Park sales:

$11.99/case for Big Rock Grasshopper Cans at Willow Park right now. Limit 6 per customer.

Omg... must... resist :rofl:

ercchry
01-13-2017, 03:29 PM
So I had an empty pony keg from Willowpark park sitting at the door for evvvvver... figured why not finally return it :rofl:

After refund on that 4 cases of grasshopper was only $25, so why not! The trad expires in a month, but the grasshopper is close to two months, they had a solid stack on the floor a couple hours ago and 2 more pallets in the back

Brent.ff
01-13-2017, 04:11 PM
So I had an empty pony keg from Willowpark park sitting at the door for evvvvver... figured why not finally return it :rofl:

After refund on that 4 cases of grasshopper was only $25, so why not! The trad expires in a month, but the grasshopper is close to two months, they had a solid stack on the floor a couple hours ago and 2 more pallets in the back

The best before is in a month, it doesnt expire

ercchry
01-13-2017, 04:20 PM
From my experience drinking beers after that date it might as well be an expiry

speedog
01-13-2017, 07:08 PM
For those looking for a liquor store with a really large variety of beer, consider Oak and Vine on the NE corner of 16th Avenue and 10th Street NW.. Despite being such a small shop, they advertise that they carry over 700 different kinds of beer and after my first visit earlier this week, I can certainly confirm this is so.

Enjoyed an 8 Wired Flat Coffee Milk Stout out of New Zealand and it was quite a nice surprise how enjoyable it was. Not a cheap beer at $7.99 for a 500ml bottle but I'd buy it again - not sure if I'm up for a $27.99 bottle of beer but who knows.

msommers
01-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Organic Peak Brewing Company Oak-Aged Mocha Stout. Incredibly delicious and dangerous at 8.4%.

Another great is Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery.

These both are if you like enjoy dark beer.

adamc
01-14-2017, 07:12 PM
8 wired makes some incredible beers.

They have one called hop wired and I think it's my favourite IPA ever, very subtle compared to most west coast style IPAs.

Prelude_dude
01-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Organic Peak Brewing Company Oak-Aged Mocha Stout. Incredibly delicious and dangerous at 8.4%.

Another great is Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery.

These both are if you like enjoy dark beer.

+1 So far i love all the beers by Deschutes Brewery. One of my all time favourites is called Chain Breakers, its a white IPA by Deschutes.

Of all the rogue beers i've had, they have all been delicious. Oregon really knows how to make delicious beer.

Not sure if any of you are on UNTAPPD, its basically a social media platform for beer enthusiasts. People just check in with the beer they are drinking and some provide a quick review. When trying new beer i usually do a quick search for the review on UNTAPPD; its been pretty consistent for me so far.

My name is Johnny Luong if you want to add me. I don't check in on every single beer i am drinking. Usually just check in the one beer out of the current 6 pack im drinking; or those huge 650ml or 1l bottles.

adamc
01-19-2017, 12:12 AM
I went on a wild bender with the Rogue dudes and ended up in the clink. Those cops in Newport don't fuck around.

Brent.ff
02-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Willow Park.. More buck a beer

http://i1.createsend1.com/ei/r/D5/D46/B53/csimport/Top.114243.png
http://i2.createsend1.com/ei/r/D5/D46/B53/csimport/Sub.111342.png

5hift
02-14-2017, 03:12 PM
stupid question - is willow park everyone's referring to willow park wines and spirits? I just couldn't find that buck a beer sale on their site

R-Audi
02-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Willow Park Wines and Spirits in Willo Park Village.

Its definitely on... My Wife went and picked up a few 6 packs. Started today while suplies last. Apparently Big Rock is phasing out their old packaging, and they dont expect it to last long.