PDA

View Full Version : Help re: negotiating for new MB C300 4MATIC.

leahjd
04-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and was hoping to get your advice in purchasing a new car! I've been doing my research but I still feel like a deer in headlights.

Model: Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC Avantgarde Sedan (2014)
Design version: AVANTGARDE Line
Colour: Tenorite Grey metallic
Upholstery: Black/Black leather upholstery
Wheels: 17" 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
Transmission: 7G-TRONIC PLUS 7-Speed Automatic Transmission
Net power/total displacement: 182 kW (248 HP)/3498.0 cc
Cylinders: 6

Total price: CAD 45,130
Tenorite Grey metallic CAD 890
Black/Black leather upholstery CAD 1,990

What do you guys think would be a reasonable/expected amount of discount/ purchase price for the above car in Calgary? It would be a cash purchase. I have heard 3-5k is quite standard for most Japanese cars, but couldn't find much information specific to the car I am looking at.

Also, are there anything specific I should be watching out for?

Knowing little about cars, I am scared I'd come out paying more for the same car and thinking of that for many years every time I see my new car. I am usually one of those people who get convinced into insurances and extended warranties and since this is a large purchase for me, I am trying to be more "informed."

Thank you in advance for anybody who reads/ or responds to my really unintelligent question:)

Thanks!

Mitsu3000gt
04-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't know what a typical discount for a C class is, but the C-class will be much improved and all new for 2015. Maybe it would be worth waiting a few months until September?

If you wanted the 2014 though I imagine there would be a little extra negotiating room since there is an all new model coming in 5 months and they will want to clear out old stock.

http://driving.ca/mercedes-benz/c-class/reviews/road-test/first-drive-2015-mercedes-benz-c-class/

leahjd
04-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks Mitsu3000gt,

I liked the 2015 model better (purely based on aesthetics) but I need a car to drive to/from work right away so I am pretty set on the 2014.

Does anybody have a MB dealer in Calgary they would recommend? Also, what would be the maximum price you'd personally pay for the 2014 C300 4MATIC, considering the new model coming out, etc?

Thanks again!

benyl
04-22-2014, 02:53 PM
I would rent a car for the next 5 months and wait for the 2015. The car is lightyears ahead of the current model.

01RedDX
04-22-2014, 03:07 PM

Mitsu3000gt
04-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by leahjd
Also, what would be the maximum price you'd personally pay for the 2014 C300 4MATIC, considering the new model coming out, etc?

Thanks again!

The new ones will be so much better, the 2014 would have to be a pretty amazing deal, in my opinion - probably more than the dealer is willing to give. Otherwise I would find other means of transportation for the next few months - cheap car or a rental. I have trouble with the idea of buying a 'new' car when there will be a complete overhaul coming shortly. You will take a higher than normal depreciation hit right off the bat as well.

Some dealers even give you a loaner car while they wait for your new one to come in, not sure if MB does that.

RedDX makes a good point as well, this model run has been around for so long, even a 2014 is like buying an "older" model. Not much point in buying one new, might as well grab a used one in good condition from a few years ago and save a pile of money for the same car.

It will suck waiting, since you're probably excited and you actually need the transportation now, however you will be so glad you waited if you can get into a 2015.

D'z Nutz
04-22-2014, 03:35 PM
What you need help with is coming up with more descriptive thread titles.

EK69
04-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Buy a cheap car now and resell later on. Get the 2015 model.
Otherwise later on in the year when u see someone rocking a 2015 and u notice that u like how it looks much better than ur 2014, and realize it was about the same cost, u will wish that u had waited.

Ur 2014 will depreciate a lot quicker also cuz of the model update.

Since u obviously have the cash, be smart with it

//edit
If u go against the advice of this thread and get a 2014, go to unhaggle.com and get the report. It will tell u about any factory incentives and dealer costs so u can see what u should be paying

ExtraSlow
04-22-2014, 03:56 PM
D's Nutz is on a roll today.

leahjd
04-22-2014, 05:52 PM
What you need help with is coming up with more descriptive thread titles.

D'z Nutz, you are totally right:) I had a hard time even trying to come up with what exactly I wanted to ask. It's been updated:)

Thank you guys all for the advice! I had an ultimatum from the parents that I need to get a car ASAP. I'll keep the C300 in the back of my head and look for similar cars that'd work for me. I naively thought that I could just get the 2014 C300 for a better deal and it'd make up for the fast depreciation, etc. I didn't know that it has been around for 8 years already!

Again, thank you for your time:)

ICEBERG
04-22-2014, 07:40 PM
How do you like the new CLA 250? I think Lone Star has few in the show room.. And they are around your price range.

avishal26
04-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by EK69
Buy a cheap car now and resell later on. Get the 2015 model.
Otherwise later on in the year when u see someone rocking a 2015 and u notice that u like how it looks much better than ur 2014, and realize it was about the same cost, u will wish that u had waited.

Ur 2014 will depreciate a lot quicker also cuz of the model update.

Since u obviously have the cash, be smart with it

//edit
If u go against the advice of this thread and get a 2014, go to unhaggle.com and get the report. It will tell u about any factory incentives and dealer costs so u can see what u should be paying

Pretty much the best advice you can get. It sucks having to wait when you have a car picked out already - but considering you will probably keep the car for a few years, the smart financial decision would be to hold off and get the 2015. Sometimes emotion over-rule smart financial decisions though :rofl:

In the end, if you're truly happy with the 2014, then go for it... but negotiate a killer deal. Not sure if you can get $7k off, but unhaggle.com is pretty good for telling you what you should expect to pay for a good deal. I think first few reports are free...

Remember though you won't get a good discount on the new 2015 till at least a few months after the inventory for the dealers levels out. Everyone claims to be sold out of new re-designs for the first few months and in some cases, the wait can be long - which leads to some people ordering early - but you usually don't get as much of a discount when you pre-order I believe.

BTW - the 2015 looks light years ahead of the 2014.

leahjd
04-22-2014, 08:37 PM
How do you like the new CLA 250

My friend just got one and I heard that the interior is similar to what the new C300 should look like. It's a really nice car but I think I am looking for something more. I was originally interested in the C350 but C350 4MATIC at 57k was a little more than my budget (50k max). I am now also considering AWD drive versions of Audi A4, Infinity Q50, Volkswagen Tiguan, Honda CRV, etc.

As mentioned before, I really have no clue what is "good" or "better" as most of my guy friends all seem to have really differing opinions, usually favouring some form of the BMW 3 series.

Really really thanks for the replies!

leahjd
04-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by avishal26

Pretty much the best advice you can get. It sucks having to wait when you have a car picked out already - but considering you will probably keep the car for a few years, the smart financial decision would be to hold off and get the 2015. Sometimes emotion over-rule smart financial decisions though :rofl:

In the end, if you're truly happy with the 2014, then go for it... but negotiate a killer deal. Not sure if you can get $7k off, but unhaggle.com is pretty good for telling you what you should expect to pay for a good deal. I think first few reports are free...

Remember though you won't get a good discount on the new 2015 till at least a few months after the inventory for the dealers levels out. Everyone claims to be sold out of new re-designs for the first few months and in some cases, the wait can be long - which leads to some people ordering early - but you usually don't get as much of a discount when you pre-order I believe.

BTW - the 2015 looks light years ahead of the 2014.

I really agree that if I do get the C300, I should wait for the 2015 model. I assumed away in thinking that the current model has been around for 3-5 years max.

I've been putting off getting a car for awhile so I think it's time to actually get out and test drive different makes and models to see what else is out there. I have a feeling I may be indecisive enough that the new C300 will be available by the time I decide to sign for it.

Not sure if it's just me but... buying a car really feels like adopting a puppy. I need to be emotionally comfortable with it and it requires consistent cash outflow following the purchase

:love:

Really thanks!

benyl
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
The new C class will look nothing like the CLA. In fact, the new C class is nicer than the current E class.

avishal26
04-22-2014, 09:15 PM

.... I am now also considering AWD drive versions of Audi A4, Infinity Q50, Volkswagen Tiguan, Honda CRV, etc.

I just had a Q50 AWD non sport model for a service loaner the other day and it is a great car.

Not saying its comparable to a C300 - thats a whole another thread, but for under $50k max you can get a Q50 AWD and Nav with cash to spare. The only thing that put me off from the Q50 was the relatively slow software for both touch screens... my QX60 that doesn't have the second touch screen has much much faster response time for navi and for controlling audio/climate.

The Q50 does have cool features like showing you G-forces, fuel flow, etc. while driving :D Needless to say I drove all around town on off-ramps and roundabouts :D
It drives great and has lots of power for the size. The non AWD version starts at $37k

Xtrema
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
If anything like Audi A4, they should have tons of discount to clear out existing stock as both 2014 models are going into 7th and 8th model year on the current platform.

For A4, you can get $3k off without even asking.

The key here is you must pick a landed unit.

rage2
04-22-2014, 11:11 PM
The new C class interior is as nice as my CLS. Expect it to go up in price though so keep that in mind if you really want the new model.

It's still too early to get discounts on 2014 models. Calgary dealers doesn't really discount new current year MBs until at least August. The Avantgarde package already rolls in tons of options with a discount from individual package and options prices. You can try to find a new 2013 in stock which should get a decent discount but it'll probably be close in price to the 2014 Avantgarde.

SkiBum5.0
04-23-2014, 08:48 AM
I know you said you were a cash buyer but ever consider a one year lease? This will get you your new car now and you can return it for a 2015 in a year. No clue what the financials look like but it probably won't be as bad as the depreciation on a model that is being replaced.

rage2
04-23-2014, 10:10 AM
1 year lease is the worst financial decision you can make. You're literally paying the entire off the lot depreciation and giving money away to the next owner lol.

edit - 24 months is the min. lease for MBFS.

A790
04-23-2014, 10:12 AM
So we can expect a well-optioned C350 to land in the mid 60's?

benyl
04-23-2014, 10:13 AM
The option list for US have just been released. Some pretty nice luxury options are coming for the 2015 C class.

C400 is looking tempting. haha

CapnCrunch
04-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by avishal26

I'd definitely check what kind of discount pricing the dealer will offer on a 2014.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you don't sound like a "car" person so a 2014 or 2015 might not be a big deal.

And also consider that if you buy a 2015, you'll be paying full MSRP, maybe more if it's a hot seller, where a 2014 might save you a bundle. You also might be stuck with whatever they get shipped so color, options, etc might not be what you want. Otherwise you have to order one and wait months for it.

Aleks
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

I'd definitely check what kind of discount pricing the dealer will offer on a 2014.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you don't sound like a "car" person so a 2014 or 2015 might not be a big deal.

And also consider that if you buy a 2015, you'll be paying full MSRP, maybe more if it's a hot seller, where a 2014 might save you a bundle. You also might be stuck with whatever they get shipped so color, options, etc might not be what you want. Otherwise you have to order one and wait months for it.

Agree here, just buy the 2014. Your parents will save a ton of money and there is a big difference between the 2008-2011 and 2012-2014 models anyway. 2012 and up got a much nicer interior and refreshed exterior. I think they look great.

sputnik
04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
First step... get an Asian salesperson...

Disoblige
04-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
First step... get an Asian salesperson... bcYppAs6ZdI

403ep3
04-23-2014, 01:41 PM
lol it took two pages so mention parents buying the car.

I think the OP is a female.. just buy the 2014 as I doubt you care about the new style at all.

n1zm0
04-23-2014, 02:44 PM
I had an ultimatum from the parents that I need to get a car ASAP.

Originally posted by 403ep3

I didn't even read that part the first time around, I wish I could force my parents to buy me a brand new Merc let alone last years model :(

403ep3
04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

I didn't even read that part the first time around, I wish I could force my parents to buy me a brand new Merc let alone last years model :(

Damn my comment wasn't even in relation to the OP.. I totally missed that quote too.

leahjd
04-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

I think the OP is a female.. just buy the 2014 as I doubt you care about the new style at all.

Haha thank you for the advice guys.

You guys are right in that I am not a car person and that I probably won't notice the difference between the 2014 and 2015:) I'll just drop by the dealers and see the pricing and decide on either. If I can get the 2014 for 40k, I can live with being outdated and having a less pretty car.

Parents are freaking out and half threatening me with their love for me to get the C350 AWD ASAP (350 not 300!)... but... they are not buying me the car and hence my interest in the negotiations and getting the best deal. They also don't believe in leases or financing so it's hard.

Someone told them that a C350 is a great first car for a girl (I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAVE A CHAT WITH THAT PERSON) and apparently that is the car I am getting. Also, apparently... EVERYBODY HAS AWD in Calgary and I need 4MATIC to not die on the side of the road in Calgary. I disagree on a lot of things with them but thought "might as well, I can just blame them if the MB is not as great as they claim."

To be honest, if it were up to me, I'd be perfectly happy with an Accord. I live 3 blocks from work downtown and I've been surviving with my monthly transit passes:)

Again thanks! You guys are great!

CanmoreOrLess
04-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Dibs on being adopted by the OP's parents. Can I get a pic of my new sister?

leahjd
04-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Dibs on being adopted by the OP's parents. Can I get a pic of my new sister?

Again, too funny lol.

Not sure if you missed it but my bank account and I are on our own:) My parents just call everyday to remind me that my life is not complete as a "modern day woman" without a new C350.

If you want another set of parents to nag you about the randomest things in life, they are... well, there!

J.M.
04-23-2014, 09:56 PM
This is your first car? Get a Civic instead haha

Also, can your parents adopt me too

BrknFngrs
04-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Think you guys are missing what she's saying...

Sounds like her parents are telling her that she NEEDS a Mercedes...that she has to buy herself...even though she doesn't want a luxury car. One of the stranger stories I've heard :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
04-23-2014, 10:14 PM

Haha thank you for the advice guys.

You guys are right in that I am not a car person and that I probably won't notice the difference between the 2014 and 2015:) I'll just drop by the dealers and see the pricing and decide on either. If I can get the 2014 for 40k, I can live with being outdated and having a less pretty car.

Parents are freaking out and half threatening me with their love for me to get the C350 AWD ASAP (350 not 300!)... but... they are not buying me the car and hence my interest in the negotiations and getting the best deal. They also don't believe in leases or financing so it's hard.

Someone told them that a C350 is a great first car for a girl (I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAVE A CHAT WITH THAT PERSON) and apparently that is the car I am getting. Also, apparently... EVERYBODY HAS AWD in Calgary and I need 4MATIC to not die on the side of the road in Calgary. I disagree on a lot of things with them but thought "might as well, I can just blame them if the MB is not as great as they claim."

To be honest, if it were up to me, I'd be perfectly happy with an Accord. I live 3 blocks from work downtown and I've been surviving with my monthly transit passes:)

Again thanks! You guys are great!

Your parents are forcing you to spend the better part of $40k of your own money on a car, when you don't think you need one, and if you do need one it doesn't need to be a brand new Merc? It's your money, do what YOU want.

I'm trying to think of a situation that would have my parents suggesting I spend $40k+ on a depreciating asset I don't need or even want. Not exactly what I would consider great advice. Having said that maybe you have more money than you know what to do with, and your parents are trying to get you to "loosen up the old purse strings" :dunno:

rx7_turbo2
04-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
One of the stranger stories I've heard :rofl:

Totally bizarre.

Parents: "We're not willing to help financially, but you must buy a new 4matic Mercedes with your own money, you can't finance or lease, you must pay in cash" :eek:

theken
04-23-2014, 10:26 PM
buy a civic re-badge it they won't know the difference. Buy a subaru

GTS4tw
04-23-2014, 10:26 PM

Again, too funny lol.

Not sure if you missed it but my bank account and I are on our own:) My parents just call everyday to remind me that my life is not complete as a "modern day woman" without a new C350.

If you want another set of parents to nag you about the randomest things in life, they are... well, there!

Riiiiight :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bullshit:

A790
04-23-2014, 10:35 PM
This bullshit again? Who cares if her parents are buying the car or she is. A car's a car and a C350 is a pretty nice ride.

EK69
04-24-2014, 12:11 AM
if ur perfectly fine surviving on transit passes and live 3 blocks from work... then save your money... after all it is YOUR money... unless ur a new beyond baller who doesn't give a fuck :D

buy a fully loaded accord for $34k with more features and fuck the benzo :dunno:

remember to do the unhaggle.com report for current incentives etc for best pricing. once u do the online process it will email u the report in a more user friendly format.

Blue
04-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Riiiiight :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bullshit:

idk.. most Asian parents nowadays wants their children to flaunt and shit so people don't look down on them :dunno: :dunno:

gpomp
04-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Blue

idk.. most Asian parents nowadays wants their children to flaunt and shit so people don't look down on them :dunno: :dunno: Is that why your parents bought you an m3?

leahjd
04-24-2014, 01:07 AM
I was hoping for "my friend got his/hers for $xx, contact [dealer] at [dealership]," or, "you can normally expect $xx discount for cash purchases and this is what you need to check for" type of comments but this works too lol. I still learned a lot, including the whole 2014/2015 difference and the haggle reports:)

For those who are confused/curious,etc:

1. My (Asian) parents are really... interesting. I don't actually listen to them on a lot of things, but as I don't have a real preference, this is me "respecting" their wishes for once. My mom's claim on how I won't be able to get to places without GPS or how I can't park safely without a rear-view camera (which would cost me $2,200 extra) is a whole another story.

2. I learned to drive in a sedan and I am mentally scared of larger cars such as SUVs. I don't think there's anything wrong with my driving skills but my parents would also like to maximize my chance of survival if myself or others should make mistakes on the road (I had to take over 50 hours of driving lessons before they finally let me drive their cars. Again, another story). It's usually the more expensive makes that have AWD on smaller sedans and my parents believe more expensive cars should be safer. My friends or co-workers all have more expensive cars so it's really not about showing off or anything like that.

3. Honestly, I am not trying to say I'm not spoiled by saying I am the one buying the car. I had all my degrees paid for by my parents, and this is probably why I can afford a MB without financing. I was merely trying to say that this is why learning about deals and pricing was important to me:). If I couldn't afford the car myself, or insisted on leasing/financing, my dad would have bought me the C350. It's just that I am finally out of the whole "give me back my credit card if you won't ____" phase in life (as I have a job!) so, I am trying not to enter a new "I paid for your car, so you must ____" phase.

I really should be sleeping right now lol... Despite my complaints about my parents, I actually do like the C300 and I am actually really excited about it. I am sure those in Calgary would understand the pain of waiting for buses in the snow storm, or those days having your hands full in crowded buses. I've just been in denial to avoid thinking about what it means to own a car.

shakalaka
04-24-2014, 01:19 AM
I've owned a 2009 C350 and it's a great car for what it is. I've also had a brand new C350 as a loaner for about a week when I was getting my C63 and again it's a very capable car. As far as the 'security' features are concerned that you mention, C300 or C350 are going to be more or less the same. So you need to figure out if you need the extra power of the C350 for the extra money.

I recommend you test drive them both and see what tickles your fancy more. At the end of the day it is your choice as you will have to live with whatever you get for a while, so be sure that you make the right decision.

CapnCrunch
04-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Sorry if this comes off as a generalization or a bit racist,

But why do a large portion of Asians feel obligated to do everything their parents tell them?

A2VR6
04-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Is that why your parents bought you an m3?

SHOTS FIRED

lilmira
04-24-2014, 08:50 AM

But why do a large portion of Asians feel obligated to do everything their parents tell them?

Because somebody is gonna get a hurt, somebody! White people won't understand. You guys call your parents by their first names lol.

McLaren has good ground clearance for concrete curb, asian girl can handle it no problem, we have proof.

n1zm0
04-24-2014, 09:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/vBVlU5p.jpg

rage2
04-24-2014, 09:34 AM
You can get all the haggle reports or whatever, it's not going to help you in Alberta. I've bought 5 MB's in the last 4 years (your parents would LOVE me!) so I'm a really good customer at the local dealer. I'll be lucky to get a $500 discount on that car right now. The MB market in Calgary is ridiculous, cars move without discount, so the dealers will not move on price, especially on a lowly $40k car.

If you want to get a discount, you have 2 choices. Wait till August or September when factory incentives come down for 2014 models which gets passed on as discounts, or call up a dealer where the MB market is soft (Regina or Winnipeg), or a dealer where they're huge volumes (Ontario) and buy remotely. The discount you save would probably cancel out the additional transport fees, unless you can get a ride there and drive it back yourself.

BTW - looking at a discount is the wrong way to look at this purchase. Go for a finance, it's free money at 0.9% rates on 2014 C Classes right now. Budget ballers, that rate applies to the C63 as well haha.

rx7_turbo2
04-24-2014, 09:46 AM

3. Honestly, I am not trying to say I'm not spoiled by saying I am the one buying the car. I had all my degrees paid for by my parents, and this is probably why I can afford a MB without financing. I was merely trying to say that this is why learning about deals and pricing was important to me:). If I couldn't afford the car myself, or insisted on leasing/financing, my dad would have bought me the C350. It's just that I am finally out of the whole "give me back my credit card if you won't ____" phase in life (as I have a job!) so, I am trying not to enter a new "I paid for your car, so you must ____" phase.

That's fair.

The current C300 is a great car. My parents keep one in California where they spend the winters. It's comfortable, gets pretty good mileage, does just fine on the freeways power wise. It doesn't sound like you're someone who needs the latest and greatest so I'm not sure waiting for the 2015's is all that important given the increased cost once they arrive, especially if a reasonable deal can be made on a 2014.

The 4matic is nice. I have a much older 4matic C-Class (2005) I use as a winter beater, and with a set of good winter tires I have zero issues in everything aside from an Armageddon snow storm.

Originally posted by rage2
BTW - looking at a discount is the wrong way to look at this purchase. Go for a finance, it's free money at 0.9% rates on 2014 C Classes right now. Budget ballers, that rate applies to the C63 as well haha.
This.

Even with incredibly conservative investment the interest on that $40k will be more than what you pay in interest to finance the car. I didn't realize MB was offering that rate, I might go have a chat with someone.

little_wan
04-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I bought my C350 4matic in April of 2012. They had a few promo's at the time, but in the end I was able to get $3350 off the total price, few hundred off on the paper work side(security etch, documentation fee, etc.) with 0.9% finance and first 3 payments free ($1950).

rage2
04-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
I didn't realize MB was offering that rate, I might go have a chat with someone.
If you're an existing MB finance customer, you also get a 0.5% loyalty discount haha.

Originally posted by little_wan
I bought my C350 4matic in April of 2012. They had a few promo's at the time, but in the end I was able to get $3350 off the total price, few hundred off on the paper work side(security etch, documentation fee, etc.) with 0.9% finance and first 3 payments free ($1950).
I picked up my C63 Black Series around the same time and the factory incentives was insane that spring. My sales rep was able to get me 0.9% financing - 0.5% loyalty discount (0.4% final rate), plus 3 payments off lol.

No discount on the car at all though, MB frowns upon discounts for limited edition cars.

benyl
04-24-2014, 11:07 AM

I picked up my C63 Black Series around the same time and the factory incentives was insane that spring. My sales rep was able to get me 0.9% financing - 0.5% loyalty discount (0.4% final rate), plus 3 payments off lol.

No discount on the car at all though, MB frowns upon discounts for limited edition cars.

The 0.5% loyalty discount is not set in stone. Sometimes there is even more room.

0.4% financing is like free money. The more you borrow, the more you save. haha. You're richer than you think!

Disoblige
04-24-2014, 11:13 AM
What is the minimum finance term for the 3 months waived incentive?

rage2
04-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
What is the minimum finance term for the 3 months waived incentive?
36 months. The promo is available right now for Certified Pre Owned models 2010-2012. Capped at $500/month.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/canada/mpc/mpc_canada_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/certified_pages/special_offers.html

shakalaka
04-24-2014, 02:59 PM
I didn't know about the loyalty discount. Still hate the salesman for not telling me to this day. I am locked in with a 0.9% or 1.9%. I have no idea which one it is but it's still pretty good I guess. The rate made me not purchase the vehicle outright. Like stated, it's basically free money.

Blue
04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Is that why your parents bought you an m3?

lol funny guy. Even if my parents did buy me the M3 why you so envious?

But I did use my mom to cosign it and I am paying for it monthly

dirtsniffer
04-24-2014, 03:08 PM
With your allowance?

FraserB
04-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Blue

lol funny guy. Even if my parents did buy me the M3 why you so envious?

But I did use my mom to cosign it and I am paying for it monthly

How do you have an X5 and still have to get a co-signer for a used car?

Blue
04-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

How do you have an X5 and still have to get a co-signer for a used car?

well first.. the x5 was my parents and they gave me it for my first car.
4 years after I got the m3 with the help of my mom co sign

flipstah
04-24-2014, 03:52 PM

That is such a good deal. Free money indeed! :bigpimp:

colinxx235
04-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Yah they sure don't do much movement, especially at lonestar

Dad was ready to pull the trigger on an E63 but had a leased benz he didn't want. They expected him to take a huge lump on the early lease break (on a vehicle that is very very underused) give up his first line PLC protection plan and the "wiggle room" on the E63 amgS was $1500.

He expected a phone call a few days later that might have re-negotiated the trade in slap to the face, instead it was just "have you changed your mind" :rofl:

Aleks
04-25-2014, 12:35 PM
MSRP: 48,344.80
Negotiated: 41,289.90

This is what someone got in Ontario on a 2014 C3004matic Avantg 1/2 pack.

So yeah they negotiate more over there.

variable_x
04-25-2014, 02:37 PM

Perhaps out of respect and love? I do find Asian families tend to be closer together, i.e. when parents get old, they move in with their kids.

I certainly want to take care of my parents when they get old.

flipstah
04-25-2014, 02:42 PM

I don't find it racist. It is because they're the ones that brought my brother and I to Canada and worked their asses off to give the start towards a better future. They were happy in the Philippines; only moved to Canada because of us.

We'd be nothing right now if it weren't for them. :love:

It is weird calling your parents by their first name though lol.