PDA

View Full Version : New Grad Structural Drafter/Designer

Mostwanted
04-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to give it a shot here in beyond. Since I have been looking for a position as a New Grad Structural Drafter here in Calgary,
but i can't seem to find any open spots. Any of you guys know a company hiring a New Grad Drafter.
A little background about me, throughout the 2 year diploma I averaged a 3.5 to 3.8 GPA and I will be Graduating this June.

I am looking for any position where i can expand my skills and knowledge on the industry itself, and I thought id give it a try here. :dunno: :dunno:

Dumbass17
04-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Fluor is always looking.
Great benefits, every 2nd Friday off, works out nicely for a starting stone.

Also, change your career, drafting sucks :poosie:

ercchry
04-23-2014, 08:51 AM
drafting does suck... design is fun though, BUT dont end up like me :cry:

been trying for a while now to break into O&G... but without O&G experience under my belt i'd have to go back to 2-D drafting to get in it seems :barf:

Sugarphreak
04-23-2014, 12:06 PM

ercchry
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM
psh, only cause my day job suuucks

Dumbass17
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
drafting does suck... design is fun though, BUT dont end up like me :cry:

been trying for a while now to break into O&G... but without O&G experience under my belt i'd have to go back to 2-D drafting to get in it seems :barf:

designing is just as bad.
actually any engineering aspect pretty much blows :rolleyes:

ercchry
04-23-2014, 12:11 PM
i like it... well, when i have enough freedom. best part about a designer is i basically do whatever i want and its up to the eng to figure out if im nuts or not hahaha

Sugarphreak
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM

JfuckinC
04-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

designing is just as bad.
actually any engineering aspect pretty much blows :rolleyes:

meh you must not like money haha..

i love my job :D i don't have a boss anymore though, only a partner :poosie:

Mostwanted
04-24-2014, 12:37 AM
yeah I took Structural as my major. Im just looking to get any experience

Dumbass17
04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Well, you do work at Fluor... haha

I heard they had a little uprising there recently about outsourcing... the leads and managers are apparently sick of it

As I like to say... all of the fun, and none of the liability
I haven't worked at Fluor since 2009 haha

Originally posted by JfuckinC

meh you must not like money haha..

What?! I like money I just hate being in a cubicle with a bunch of people who don't speak English

RawB8figure
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Mostwanted
Hey guys,

I just wanted to give it a shot here in beyond. Since I have been looking for a position as a New Grad Structural Drafter here in Calgary,
but i can't seem to find any open spots. Any of you guys know a company hiring a New Grad Drafter.
A little background about me, throughout the 2 year diploma I averaged a 3.5 to 3.8 GPA and I will be Graduating this June.

I am looking for any position where i can expand my skills and knowledge on the industry itself, and I thought id give it a try here. :dunno: :dunno:

What software do you use? Do you have your own software?

Mostwanted
05-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by RawB8figure

What software do you use? Do you have your own software?

I used AutoCAD 2014 I am very good at this program even with the 3d

and I know how to use REVIT but basic. I can create models such as simple mulch-storey building but nothing to insane:banghead: