PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Flag Football players

dandia89
04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Looking for players that can play tight end/linemen/linebacker for a contact flag football league (CFFL). Highly competitive league.

When: Monday or Wednesdays nights and starts with a tournament end of May. Season goes into end of August. Playoffs into end of September.
Costs: $225 includes a jersey, flags, 14 games + 4 preseason games + potential playoff games and provincials.

What you need to bring: Cleats, gloves.
Text or phone me @ 587-432-5218

Marsh
04-23-2014, 04:50 PM
If its contact, whats the point of the flags? Interested, but sort of confused.

Masked Bandit
04-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
If its contact, whats the point of the flags? Interested, but sort of confused.

The line of scrimmage & behind is full contact (no equipment, QB is flagged, not tackled). Downfield play (receivers & such) = no contact, just flags. It's actually a nice set up. Lots of rough play for those that like it but speed still rules the game. Only contact if you want it that way. I played until my early 30's on the line and you can wake up pretty sore the next few days when you start getting older. Of course there are also guys in the league well into their late 40's & beyond, just not playing on the line.

Marsh
04-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Oh cool that makes sense, thanks for the clarification

austic
04-25-2014, 09:28 AM
I would be intersted except I am gone May 15th to June 16th. I played defensive end for 6 years but TE would be an easy transition.

sexualbanana
04-26-2014, 03:43 PM
What div do you play in?

dandia89
04-29-2014, 12:10 PM
starting a new team in G. but I've played in B and C, our QB's played in A. other teammates played in C and the rest haven't played in the CFFL

dandia89
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
still looking for a couple players

Kinjou
05-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Where do you guys play and approximately what time on Monday night?

dandia89
05-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Kinjou
Where do you guys play and approximately what time on Monday night?

80% games are at the Acadia Fields (Across Lord Beaverbrook) and the other 20% are at the Glenmore fields (2 min east of central memorial highschool).

Games are between 6-9pm depending on sunset. games will be later in the evening by the end of the summer.

tobslau
05-13-2014, 06:39 PM
pm'd

Masked Bandit
05-17-2014, 07:48 AM
You said in the first post that you guys were highly competitive, I assumed you were running in A or B. Taking an A level QB and dropping him in G should be pretty much all the help you need...lol. Do you only play Monday nights? I thought games were twice a week?

dandia89
05-20-2014, 03:41 PM
You said in the first post that you guys were highly competitive, I assumed you were running in A or B. Taking an A level QB and dropping him in G should be pretty much all the help you need...lol. Do you only play Monday nights? I thought games were twice a week?

Have you played in the lower divisions? I'm not familiar, but from what I've heard, the league is generally competitive from A-G.

Are you interested or just posting?

Masked Bandit
05-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by dandia89

Have you played in the lower divisions? I'm not familiar, but from what I've heard, the league is generally competitive from A-G.

Are you interested or just posting?

I played CFFL for about 10 years, 10 years ago. We played E & F divisions and there wasn't anyone we came across that played any higher than high school or a very short stint of university / junior.

I've been thinking about taking another run at playing but just started training again this year. I've got a few months ahead of me before I'm in any kind of shape to be keeping up with young bucks. 2015 is looking promising though. I would be playing both sides of the line.

sexualbanana
05-20-2014, 05:39 PM

I played CFFL for about 10 years, 10 years ago. We played E & F divisions and there wasn't anyone we came across that played any higher than high school or a very short stint of university / junior.

I've been thinking about taking another run at playing but just started training again this year. I've got a few months ahead of me before I'm in any kind of shape to be keeping up with young bucks. 2015 is looking promising though. I would be playing both sides of the line.

Divisions are pretty evenly distributed. The only time you'll get a lopsided game is when a new team forms because they typically force all new teams to start in the lowest division and move their way up. So every once in awhile, there's a new team that will crush everyone on their way up. Having said that, the President has a pretty good handle on who the good players are, so if a new team forms with players he knows are good, he's not going to start them out in G.

A is typically full of ex-CFLers and CIS guys. B contains mostly CIS guys and AFL (Alberta Football not Arena). C & D have a few, but they're less common.

I'm in C and about 3 or 4 of the guys on my team played for the Dinos back in the day. But they're old now.

dandia89
05-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Divisions are pretty evenly distributed. The only time you'll get a lopsided game is when a new team forms because they typically force all new teams to start in the lowest division and move their way up. So every once in awhile, there's a new team that will crush everyone on their way up. Having said that, the President has a pretty good handle on who the good players are, so if a new team forms with players he knows are good, he's not going to start them out in G.

A is typically full of ex-CFLers and CIS guys. B contains mostly CIS guys and AFL (Alberta Football not Arena). C & D have a few, but they're less common.

I'm in C and about 3 or 4 of the guys on my team played for the Dinos back in the day. But they're old now.

what team are you playing for? I played in div C last year. the competition was real fun last year

sexualbanana
05-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Woodpeckers. Just moved up.

Masked Bandit
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Having said that, the President has a pretty good handle on who the good players are, so if a new team forms with players he knows are good, he's not going to start them out in G.

Is it Jim that's still running things?

sexualbanana
05-22-2014, 08:20 AM

Is it Jim that's still running things?

As far as I know, he is.

dandia89
04-20-2015, 04:37 PM
BUMP!

Looking for new players this season, preferably linebackers/linemen. Give me a PM

dandia89
05-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Bump