PDA

View Full Version : Review: Footy Goody

-APEX-
03-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey whats up i was wondering if this place is still open in the deerfoot mall? I hav'nt been there for ages,does anybody know if there food is still any good if its still open?

sputnik
03-01-2004, 02:26 PM
i know it better as... "Doggy Foody"

roopi
03-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Isn't it Foody Goody? And I heard the one here in Edmonton is absolute shit.

BloNdie
03-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Nope, its not open any more......and probably for good reasons :barf:

-APEX-
03-01-2004, 02:32 PM
damnit hey 6 bucks all you can eat is pretty decent

ecstasy_civic
03-01-2004, 02:33 PM
if you like eating cats and dogs:barf:

KLCC
03-01-2004, 02:35 PM
maxim palace, aka "former foody goody" - is pretty good in my opinion. I trust its food more than any other chinese resturants in the city. :drool: They got the best beef tripe in town, but yeah, they are still open for business.
There was a post in regards to foody goody, do a search~

switch
03-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I grew up on Victoria BC, and there was a Foody Goody downtown.

Thank god I never went there, about 3-4 years ago the health dpt/ closed it down on a surprise visit when they found two dozen skinned cats "curing" in the meat locker.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

t3rry
03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
i ate there a bit when i was younger, cat is pretty good :D

KLCC
03-01-2004, 04:47 PM
not all foody goody are the same. I wasn't aware that the chain resturant up at victoria was serving cat.....regardless, I don't think we should stereotype all other foody goody chain, but that's just my 2 cents:)

switch
03-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by KLCC
not all foody goody are the same. I wasn't aware that the chain resturant up at victoria was serving cat.....regardless, I don't think we should stereotype all other foody goody chain, but that's just my 2 cents:)

I agree, stereotyping is unfair. But because it is part of a chain its' reputation will most likely reflect on the other restaurants. You would think because it is part of a chain that the standards would be higher and problems like this would never arise.

Its a shame, but because of what happened to the Food Goodys in Vic, I will never eat at another one.

EG STyLeZ
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I remember going to the foody goody in the south when i was younger. I always went there for their big assortment of ice cream.

-APEX-
03-01-2004, 05:30 PM
only at foody goody you cna have a shimp ice cram and a pile of mashed potatoes at the same time lol

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Foody Goody is absolutely disgusting. It is easily the worst resteraunt I have ever been to.

When I went the table's were crammed together like freaking sardines, and there might have well been a rock concert going on the place was so loud.

I went to get the food and loaded my plate up with my favorite food: fried shrimp. It was sitting in one of those metal heating baskets. While waiting for something else, rice or something, I threw a shrimp in my mouth to find it was completely frozen!

I casually walk back to the shrimp bucket and dump all of the shrimp back into the bucket for somebody else who likes FROZEN SHRIMP.

Next I headed over to the ice cream machine and ate 5 servings of Ice Cream for my dinner.

lam-boy
03-08-2004, 12:07 PM
only thing i ate there was the soft ice cream, that was goood haha.

hockeybronx
03-08-2004, 02:38 PM
However I can't decide what was worse, Foody Goody or the Home Food Inn.

At the Home Food Inn I loaded my plate up with Onion Rings, when I sat down and broke one open there was a runny fluid inside, and not Onions:barf:

Then when I went to the washroom there was a huge yellow stain covering one of the main walls, you knows where the hell that came from. Again here the tables were crammed together like sardines...I would love to see the Fire Safety Inspection Report for some of these resteraunts.

There is definetely a big spread in the Asian Cuisine resteraunts. Foody Goody Home Food Inn were absolutely disgusting, but places like Ginger Beef Peking House and Bills Peking House are sooooooo good:drool:

Zero102
03-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I was in the kitchen at the foody goody in deerfoot once, doing some elctrical work. We had to get up in the ceiling. Scary shit in there.
I won't go into details, but I actually got physcially sick after seeing that place because I had eaten there the day before.

I always thought the Home Food Inn was alright... well until I watched them dump a tray of food on the floor, pick it up and put it in the buffet.
Don't go there anymore.

Ginger Beef Peking House (or whatever the exact name is) rocks!

DonJuan
03-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Foody was no Goody. The one in the south was closed down when they didn't pass a health inspection for some reason. Deerfoot was just plain awful. Havn't been to Maxim palace but I assume it's the same. I heard good things about Home Food Inn but you story makes me reconsider. China Rose was good 10 years ago when it was on 32 ave. My favorite places to eat buffets is either Ginger Beef, Treasures of china, or Mongolie Grill.