PDA

View Full Version : It's almost road trip season...

never
04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
...is anyone else pumped for some long drives now that the nice weather will be here soon...sometime soon hopefully?

Here's a compilation from the first part of a Whistler trip last year. Still have to put together the second part of the footage with the best roads/driving.

http://youtu.be/c3yU9w8jjSY

http://youtu.be/c3yU9w8jjSY

Anyone else have some road trip vids to get ready for summer?

benyl
04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Why are you guys driving over the double yellows?

1:32, buddy in the white Audi nearly has a head-on.

I don't care if you speed, but stay in your own lane. Haha

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-28-2014, 12:42 PM
I cancelled my 5000km road trip and bought a plane ticket instead because my car is noisy and uncomfortable :P

Speed_69
04-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Why are you guys driving over the double yellows?

:werd: If you're going a speed that you can't control staying in your own lane, then you shouldn't be going that fast.

never
04-28-2014, 01:15 PM

No kidding, that one was close...he took it a lot easier after that!

never
04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I cancelled my 5000km road trip and bought a plane ticket instead because my car is noisy and uncomfortable :P

You should have kept the BMW! ;)

n1zm0
04-28-2014, 01:27 PM

:werd: have fun on the twisties but the lane crossing is a bit much imo

just got a new dashcam on the way so should be some good vids soon, bringing it to SE asia to this summer, see what kind of craziness I can record there.

Graham_A_M
05-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

:werd: have fun on the twisties but the lane crossing is a bit much imo

Word, he was extremely lucky that whole time. If you have to swerve like that, just to stay on the road and thus take the turns, you're already pushing you or your car way further then you should on public roads. What would have happened if a moose ran out when he was already just givin' er shit around one of those bends?
I guess that saying "common sense isn't very common" definitely holds true with the OP's buddy.

EM2FTL
05-06-2014, 03:04 PM
The only time i'll ever cross a double yellow like that is to avoid seriously bad pavement (potholes, cracks, caved in sections). White Audi driver needs to get some seat time and instruction in a track environment, his driving is brutal in this short clip. Also, taking a driving road trip to a location like Whistler is just idiotic - there are myriad roads in the B.C. interior with little to no traffic, better pavement condition, and far fewer LEOs. Blech.

never
05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by EM2FTL
The only time i'll ever cross a double yellow like that is to avoid seriously bad pavement (potholes, cracks, caved in sections). White Audi driver needs to get some seat time and instruction in a track environment, his driving is brutal in this short clip. Also, taking a driving road trip to a location like Whistler is just idiotic - there are myriad roads in the B.C. interior with little to no traffic, better pavement condition, and far fewer LEOs. Blech.

Who said it was a driving trip to Whistler? We went to Whistler to ride DH...and hit about 3000 km of road in the BC interior on the way back.

EM2FTL
05-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by no|uno

Who said it was a driving trip to Whistler? We went to Whistler to ride DH...and hit about 3000 km of road in the BC interior on the way back.

OK, i'll rephrase.. driving at those speeds on highways with lots of traffic is idiotic. Your OP seemed like it was aimed at driving-oriented roadtrips, what with multiple cars and you taking video of it all.