PDA

View Full Version : 2011 G37x vs 2010-11 IS350 AWD

03ozwhip
04-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Alright, I'm potentially in the market for another new(to me) car and I think I've narrowed my selection to these 2.
What I'm looking for are opinions on both, I know there are plenty of both on this forum, so I should get some good feedback on positives and negatives on them both.

What I'm looking for is which has better gas mileage, decent tunability access, albeit I won't be going crazy on it, I kinda want to go in the same direction as my TL (VIPish) and overall just which one is the better car, in the drivers opinions.

TIA

ddduke
04-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Way more bells and whistles on the Infiniti which to me makes it a better bang for your buck, I also prefer driving it. I also prefer the interior, the interior of the lexus looks like a camry with leather.

Buttttttt....

Resale is better on the lexus and they really retain their value way better.

I don't know about the lexus' awd and traction control system but I know that out of the handful of bmws and audis I've owned the G felt like it was decades behind them and by far the worst.

03ozwhip
04-29-2014, 09:35 PM
That's shitty to hear that the AWD felt that way, I wasn't expecting that. I haven't driven either of them, I plan on doing that on Friday.

Thanks for the input. The resale value I'm hoping to not care about, as I'm trying to keep it for a while. I'm looking for best bang for the buck, who has the better ride, although I'm sure it will be lowered inside a month lol

any more input out there for me?

bjstare
04-30-2014, 07:48 AM
I haven't driven the Lexus, but recently bought a V36 G35S (pretty much a G37 sedan with a 3.5L in it).

I couldn't be happier, I really like the car. The engine isn't as smooth as the engine in your TL (I have a CL-S, so I know what it's like) - when you're in high revs, the Infiniti sounds/feels like its in the high revs. Having said that, I really like the driving dynamics/ride/interior. I could see myself keeping this car for longer than I usually keep cars. No comment on the AWD, cause I don't have it.

One more thing, if it makes a difference, lots of infiniti guys complain about the paint being "soft" and easily scratched. I haven't had the car long enough to tell if this will be an issue.

EDIT: There also seems to be pretty good aftermarket support for the Infiniti. No clue about the lexus, although it's probably not bad either

03ozwhip
04-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Cjblair, is yours daily driven in the winter? I'm not opposed to rwd but would rather have awd in case my wife needs to drive it, she's scared of rwd in the winter. How does it drive in the winter?

Forsale
04-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Did you look at the 2010-2012 acura TL sh awd? they are nice to drive. I own one i like it alot.

bjstare
04-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
Cjblair, is yours daily driven in the winter? I'm not opposed to rwd but would rather have awd in case my wife needs to drive it, she's scared of rwd in the winter. How does it drive in the winter?

I have blizzak LM-60's and even though they aren't the best winter tires, it's still not bad. I will definitely be replacing them with studded winters though, and putting a paver or couple sandbags in the trunk next year (just to help with hill starts, etc.). I wouldn't be worried at all if you're not getting a 6MT, my only issue is controlling the wheelspin with the MT haha.

I wouldn't be thrown off by the idea of letting the woman drive it - the stability control does a really good job of keeping things in check. Unless you turn it off. Then you turn into DK!

bjstare
04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Forsale
Did you look at the 2010-2012 acura TL sh awd? they are nice to drive. I own one i like it alot.

I really like these cars as well. If I could afford the 6MT with AWD, it's definitely something I'd consider.

Only thing I'd be worried about, is it might not be quite as fun to drive, and there is next to zero aftermarket support in comparison to the Infiniti or Lexus...

03ozwhip
04-30-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm actually going to look at all 3 today at some dealership, but the is is rwd and it's an 07. The main thing I need for AM support is a good set of coilovers, I'm not looking to do a lot to the next car (lol)

Forsale
04-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

I really like these cars as well. If I could afford the 6MT with AWD, it's definitely something I'd consider.

Only thing I'd be worried about, is it might not be quite as fun to drive, and there is next to zero aftermarket support in comparison to the Infiniti or Lexus...

I love mine, the SH AWD its pretty good in winter, i ran the LM60 for winter, it gets the job done.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8173/7971688538_a6bae68037_b.jpg
BTW that not my car lol one day it will be.

only werid part of this is the bolt pattern is 5x120 so wheels are a harder choice i guess and with a lug nuts of 14xsomething i forgot lol. heeltoeauto.com has some aftermarket parts for that car.

LOLzilla
04-30-2014, 11:59 AM
I picked up a 2012 SH-AWD Elite with 20,000 KM's for low $30k. It's been a blast to drive. After looking at a GS360 with a million KM's for the same price it was a easy decision. I'd say broaden your scope a bit and check out the TL.

852VR6
04-30-2014, 12:45 PM
TL SH-AWD are great cars, handles very nicely for that size of a car and its got all the luxuries in it.

PM'd

4doorj
04-30-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm a huge fan of the TL! I'm tempted to buy one, one day.

LOLzilla
04-30-2014, 03:01 PM
2012 on had a lot of revisions. Tech package and Elite package are the ones you'll want to take a look at. A-Spec body kit? The hotness.

clem24
04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Don't you have kids? The Lexus has basically zero leg room. Kind of reminiscent of the B7 A4.

Asian_defender
04-30-2014, 03:17 PM
I love the IS series. When I was shopping around, I looked at the 3 Series, C300s, G37, and IS.

The BMW service was terrible and I felt the interior was bland. This was the best driving experience. Nothing really stood out with the BMW. If you're looking for a hug the road manual car, this is probably your best choice

The C300s were good but I felt the drive was a little bit too old man. If you like comfort this was the best. This was probably my second choice. I think styling was the best in this one.

The G37 interior felt cheap. It looked really nice but the materials felt cheap and looked like they would fade quickly. I felt the ride was the most sluggish and the service was just a little bit better than the beemer. Fuel economy was the worst on this one as I could see the needle going down as I punched down on the gas. Maybe I was just driving it too hard.

The IS didn't do anything awesome but it also didnt do anything bad. One of my biggest complaints is the lack of the folding seats in the back. No 60/40 Fold down. The service was also the best, can't complain about a valet coming to your desk at work to pick up your keys for a service appointment.

I went with the IS because doing my research, the IS was actually the cheapest cost of ownership with the highest resell value. The service was also what sold me as I've never had a bad experience with Lexus. When it's time for a new car, I'll probably get another Lexus as I've been super happy with it.
The mentality of it being an old man brand is slowly fading away and the styling is pretty good now. Can't say I enjoy the old gen ES/GS/RX series but I really like the redesigned ones.

clem24
04-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Asian_defender
Blah blah blah

I went with the IS because doing my research, the IS was actually the cheapest cost of ownership with the highest resell value. The service was also what sold me as I've never had a bad experience with Lexus. When it's time for a new car, I'll probably get another Lexus as I've been super happy with it.
The mentality of it being an old man brand is slowly fading away and the styling is pretty good now. Can't say I enjoy the old gen ES/GS/RX series but I really like the redesigned ones.

All I get from reading this and your reasoning combined with your username is that a.) I am Asian and b.) I am cheap but c.) I don't want to drive a Honda. :D

navdeep
04-30-2014, 03:47 PM
i was in the same boat as you and i picked the TL i liked the interior much better

Asian_defender
04-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by clem24

All I get from reading this and your reasoning combined with your username is that a.) I am Asian and b.) I am cheap but c.) I don't want to drive a Honda. :D

Well there's a reason why its a stereotype :rofl:
I'm done with the honda phase, plus they don't make cars like they use to

03ozwhip
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Well I took out all 3 cars. The G was lacking the "luxury" that I was hoping it would have, it felt a lot like my 2000 TL and I was looking for something better, so that's out.

Drove an 07 RWD IS350 and it was everything I thought a Lexus of that type would be. One thing I hated about it was the back window, it seems way too high and as such, backing up seems like a bit of a pain.

Didn't notice until driving that there is a sports mode, holy fuck that thing flies when it's in sports mode lol. Loved the plush interior and heated and cooled aways, wasn't too fond of how the controls on the doors are mounted.

The '12 TL SH-AWD. I'm in love. But it's like a spaceship and as such, you have to be an astronaut to figure their shit out lol it had everything that I was looking for, but one thing that bothered me and it could have just been a seat setting, but there was something poking me in the back, didn't get a chance to find out what it was.

Overall price wise, the IS wins hands down, more features than all of the cars, but the TL was more refined and as such was about 10k more, could be the age difference among other things.

Still undecided.

bjstare
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM
^Glad to read your comments.

Did you find the IS350 actually was faster than the G37? I thought they were supposed to be very close in that regard.

03ozwhip
05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Oh in sport mode it was WAY faster.

jwslam
05-02-2014, 08:57 AM
The '12 TL SH-AWD. I'm in love. But it's like a spaceship and as such, you have to be an astronaut to figure their shit out lol it had everything that I was looking for, but one thing that bothered me and it could have just been a seat setting, but there was something poking me in the back, didn't get a chance to find out what it was.
Off to NASA you go... and it's only 10k more
Probably was the lumbar. On my '09 accord i read that the motors have a tendency to die so make sure it's left in a position you like (making the assumption it's the same)

n1zm0
05-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Did you find the IS350 actually was faster than the G37? I thought they were supposed to be very close in that regard.

Isn't the RWD IS350 a bit lighter than the G RWD too?

Anyways, interesting thread, I have been looking at the 2014 IS350s alot lately (does this sport mode exist for the '14s anyone?), only somewhat looked at the last gen ISs and the thing about the resale value is right, it's consistently sits pretty high for the past 5 years or so for those cars. The aftermarket exhaust note on the 3.5L is :drool: .

03ozwhip
05-02-2014, 10:34 AM
I know I thought about the '14 AWD IS350 but I just bought a new truck and I don't want $1200 in payments a month for vehicles.

Not sure if the '14 has this sport mode, I would think/hope so. The rear window just really bothers me on it, other than that, I loved it.

n1zm0
05-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Not sure if the '14 has this sport mode, I would think/hope so. The rear window just really bothers me on it, other than that, I loved it.

The transmission tunnel bulge was slightly bothering when I went to go look at one, but in the end it was a a nice foot rest kinda.

03ozwhip
01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Bump. I did end up buying a car but was way off from what this thread was lol BUT, (and I know this is a year away) but next year I'm looking at getting an AWD this time. I am looking possibly for a wagon or sedan but it has to be automatic.

So, with that said, what cars that meet this criteria, have good auto tranny's and are still fun and reliable and at least decent on gas lol

03ozwhip
01-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Anyone?

A790
01-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Mine has sport and sport+.

I love my IS350 AWD. Dominates the snow, plenty of power, great interior, awesome to drive through corners. 12.5L/100km though... lol

Stephen81
01-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by A790

Mine has sport and sport+.

I love my IS350 AWD. Dominates the snow, plenty of power, great interior, awesome to drive through corners. 12.5L/100km though... lol

Yep, all the '14+ have Eco and Sport Mode, the F-Sport models have Sport + as well

OP, did you really find the sport mode affected performance that much in the 2007? Last gen IS has the same engine and transmission I believe...I find either S or S+ modes to just be a subtle change.

I concur with Cam, it's a guided missile in the snow and the mileage blows.

03ozwhip
01-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Ya it felt like a huge jump in power from a dead stop. However it didn't feel as stable.

That's too bad about the fuel mileage. This day and age you would think most cars would be around the 10l/100km on averages, even the 3-3.5 liter motors.

Thanks for the responses guys, anyone else?

blownz
01-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Oh in sport mode it was WAY faster.

Sport and Sport Plus only change the throttle response and transmission shift points, the car is no faster...

0-60 and 1/4 mile times will be the same...

If you really want good mileage, I think the 3 series has them all beat. The N55 engine gets awesome mileage and it is really under-rated. I don't really like the 8 speed auto, but the reviews are good and it is better then most other auto's.

12.5 city? That is crazy. My F10 535 gets 11 in the city (and I am not easy on it) and the last highway trip I went to Calgary, drove around two days and then drove back to Edmonton. 780km on a tank averaging 7.2L/100km with studded winter tires. I average a bit better on summer tires on the highway but my city is no better as I end up driving harder. lol

I actually just drove the new IS350 and C400 a few months ago since I was looking for a replacement for my car and I really liked driving the IS. If I could combine the IS ride and handling with the C400's engine, body, and interior I would have been sold.

A790
01-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by blownz
12.5 city? That is crazy. My F10 535 gets 11 in the city (and I am not easy on it) and the last highway trip I went to Calgary, drove around two days and then drove back to Edmonton. 780km on a tank averaging 7.2L/100km with studded winter tires. I average a bit better on summer tires on the highway but my city is no better as I end up driving harder. lol

I actually just drove the new IS350 and C400 a few months ago since I was looking for a replacement for my car and I really liked driving the IS. If I could combine the IS ride and handling with the C400's engine, body, and interior I would have been sold.
Yea, the mileage doesn't impress that's for sure. Thankfully I don't drive much (only 5,300km after six months) so I don't really care :rofl:

The longest I've ever owned any car was 16 months. I wonder how long the IS will be in my garage for...

Personally, I really want something that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Told the wife two nights ago that when the Lexus is paid off in 2016 that I'd sell it and buy a 2012 911 C4S. We both laughed hysterically... as if I'd have the car in 2016 :rofl:

J.M.
01-08-2015, 06:34 PM

Yea, the mileage doesn't impress that's for sure. Thankfully I don't drive much (only 5,300km after six months) so I don't really care :rofl:

The longest I've ever owned any car was 16 months. I wonder how long the IS will be in my garage for...

Personally, I really want something that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Told the wife two nights ago that when the Lexus is paid off in 2016 that I'd sell it and buy a 2012 911 C4S. We both laughed hysterically... as if I'd have the car in 2016 :rofl:

lol damn dude how many cars have you owned so far?

A790
01-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by J.M.

lol damn dude how many cars have you owned so far?
Gotta be around 40 cars and motorcycles by now...

03ozwhip
01-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Sport and Sport Plus only change the throttle response and transmission shift points, the car is no faster...

I know it's not any more hp or tq but it feels a lot quicker without a doubt the throttle response was way better. I think I might look at a TL again.

For the guys with the TL, how has your fuel mileage been?

Prelude_dude
01-09-2015, 09:55 AM

I know it's not any more hp or tq but it feels a lot quicker without a doubt the throttle response was way better. I think I might look at a TL again.

For the guys with the TL, how has your fuel mileage been?

My buddies 2010 SH AWD (Automatic) gets about 10/L per 100km for pretty much all city driving.

blownz
01-09-2015, 11:45 AM

I have hated the 5 series (too boring) and yet it has been the car I have owned longer than any other. I want to got back to a smaller sportier car, but I can't make up my mind what to get. I came close to buying an S4 but wanted to wait on the new ones, IS drives great, but the engine is a bit gutless and the looks are awkward and the nav sucks. New C400 is not fun to drive (feels too much like my F10). So now I am waiting to see the new S4 vs 340 vs new compact Jag vs C450AMG. I am hoping they are all out before the end of next summer and I hope one of them is worth the 70 or so grand they will cost. :thumbsup:

A790
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM

I have hated the 5 series (too boring) and yet it has been the car I have owned longer than any other. I want to got back to a smaller sportier car, but I can't make up my mind what to get. I came close to buying an S4 but wanted to wait on the new ones, IS drives great, but the engine is a bit gutless and the looks are awkward and the nav sucks. New C400 is not fun to drive (feels too much like my F10). So now I am waiting to see the new S4 vs 340 vs new compact Jag vs C450AMG. I am hoping they are all out before the end of next summer and I hope one of them is worth the 70 or so grand they will cost. :thumbsup:
CTS Vsport = 420hp twin turbo :)

freshprince1
01-09-2015, 11:56 AM

Considering a 2012 TL SH-AWD or IS 350 AWD in the Spring. Keep me posted if you're selling.

edit: 2014. nevermind. Too new for my budget!

flipstah
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Bump. I did end up buying a car but was way off from what this thread was lol BUT, (and I know this is a year away) but next year I'm looking at getting an AWD this time. I am looking possibly for a wagon or sedan but it has to be automatic.

So, with that said, what cars that meet this criteria, have good auto tranny's and are still fun and reliable and at least decent on gas lol

You can get a B7 A4 wagon for $mid-10's. Just don't buy a V6 version. Consensus is that it's limited for tuning and it's a PITA engine bay. 2.0 or bust.

A790
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Considering a 2012 TL SH-AWD or IS 350 AWD in the Spring. Keep me posted if you're selling.

edit: 2014. nevermind. Too new for my budget!
When I first went shopping and settled on the IS I was looking at a '13 model, but the interior and chassis refinements quickly ruled it out. The '14 was just better. :)

It will be for sale in 2016 if you want it!

B16EJ8
01-09-2015, 12:37 PM
I haven't driven the Lexus, but recently bought a V36 G35S (pretty much a G37 sedan with a 3.5L in it).

I couldn't be happier, I really like the car. The engine isn't as smooth as the engine in your TL (I have a CL-S, so I know what it's like) - when you're in high revs, the Infiniti sounds/feels like its in the high revs. Having said that, I really like the driving dynamics/ride/interior. I could see myself keeping this car for longer than I usually keep cars. No comment on the AWD, cause I don't have it.

One more thing, if it makes a difference, lots of infiniti guys complain about the paint being "soft" and easily scratched. I haven't had the car long enough to tell if this will be an issue.

EDIT: There also seems to be pretty good aftermarket support for the Infiniti. No clue about the lexus, although it's probably not bad either

I used to work at Infiniti, The paint is complete garbage . Brand new cars had scratches all over, they scratch and mark very easily especially the black. Also rock chips galore all over most of them.

03ozwhip
01-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

You can get a B7 A4 wagon for $mid-10's. Just don't buy a V6 version. Consensus is that it's limited for tuning and it's a PITA engine bay. 2.0 or bust.

I'm not sure I want to tune my next car, apart from lowering and Summer wheels and basic shit. If I got a turbo, I don't know if I could stop myself from tuning it and I kinda wanna get away from all that.

That being said, I'd love a TT S4...

flipstah
01-09-2015, 02:35 PM

I'm not sure I want to tune my next car, apart from lowering and Summer wheels and basic shit. If I got a turbo, I don't know if I could stop myself from tuning it and I kinda wanna get away from all that.

That being said, I'd love a TT S4...

Well it already has a turbo so tuning would just be an ECU chip.

jabjab
01-09-2015, 02:39 PM
S3 with an ECU tune is the best bang for your buck.

03ozwhip
01-09-2015, 02:42 PM
I know but I won't be able to stop modding, I'm bad for that, then I'll end up selling it etc etc haha I'm a lot like a790 in that way and I need to stop doing that.

There are so many different options for what I'm looking for that it's a hard decision. I'm still unsure of my budget, but I want to pay cash for it so I don't have to finance, so my budget will be a factor, I'm thinking around 25k at the very max so it will be used.

03ozwhip
01-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jabjab
S3 with an ECU tune is the best bang for your buck.

Tell me why. How is the automatic tranny on the s3/s4?

A790
01-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Not much aftermarket for the IS350 if you're looking to make power.

Canucks3322
01-09-2015, 10:51 PM

Dsg..my first dual clutch auto. .. so fucking niiiceee..

jabjab
01-10-2015, 12:17 AM

Very smooth and produces plenty of drivable power during normal driving rpm range. Always in the right gear and very smooth. Also so much aftermarket support when it comes to ECU tunes,REVO,Apr and unitronic are all local.

Canucks3322
01-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm new to Audi... its it true the B7 S4 did not come with DSG? Aiming to upgrade in the Summer... someone here mentioned the B8 engine isn't as great as the V8 in the B7 S4...

A2VR6
01-11-2015, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
I'm new to Audi... its it true the B7 S4 did not come with DSG?

That's correct, it was Tiptronic until the B8.

03ozwhip
02-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Ok now another car on the list. How about 2010-2012 C350 4matic? What are the ins and outs, ups and downs about owning one?

03ozwhip
02-14-2015, 10:49 AM
No opinions on the C350? Did the power change from 2011-2012? From what I'm seeing, it sounds like it did...

OneGreasyHobo
02-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I bought myself a used 09 G37x, car is everything I could want.. minus the piggy on gas. My previous car was a 1989 oldsmobile so...

The 2011+ have a few nicer bells for sure.

Most importantly, Is a g a budget baller car? Or is it a step above a hyundai?

03ozwhip
02-24-2015, 07:06 AM
Looks like I'm going to be buying a little earlier than I thought, so I'm looking now, but won't be buying til May. The thread title probably should have been changes, but meh lol

Anyways, it's between 3 different cars now and I want to hear your differing opinions, I'm going to drive all 3 this weekend.

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD tech
2012 BMW 335iX
2011-2012 Mercedes C350

I've driven the TL and I loves it, but haven't driven the others, opinions please. Keep in mind, they have to be automatic..

bjstare
02-24-2015, 08:27 AM
I'll be willing to bet you'll like driving the BMW better than the TL. I really enjoyed driving a friend's 335i, much more of a drivers car than any acura I've owned.

Having said that, you'll have to be very particular about maintenance on your BMW, whereas the TL will probably just need oil changes and in return will give you 400K km of trouble free reliability. haha

I haven't driven recent C Class, except a C63, no idea what the C350 is like. But +1 for C63 I guess. :rofl:

sneek
02-24-2015, 08:45 AM
Looks like I'm going to be buying a little earlier than I thought, so I'm looking now, but won't be buying til May. The thread title probably should have been changes, but meh lol

Anyways, it's between 3 different cars now and I want to hear your differing opinions, I'm going to drive all 3 this weekend.

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD tech
2012 BMW 335iX
2011-2012 Mercedes C350

I've driven the TL and I loves it, but haven't driven the others, opinions please. Keep in mind, they have to be automatic..

I have driven all 3 of these cars and I have to say that the F30 is the nicest of the bunch. It will make you poor the fastest if you are modding it though.

The C350 has the nicest ride of the bunch. The suspension never felt harsh to me and power delivery was smooth. Interior is quietest of the bunch, but the F30 is quite good as well.

The TL is the cheapest car to maintain amongst the bunch out of warranty but it is far from inexpensive. Considering that a 09-14 TL is really just a glorified 8th Generation Accord, it costs about double to maintain for no good reason. SH-AWD is pretty awesome in both the summer and the winter and it really helps the car handle well considering how big and heavy it is. One big minus for the TL SH-AWD is that the trunk is relatively small and it is an awkward size. Both the 2012 335 and 2012 C350 have much better trunks...and folding seats.

move
02-24-2015, 09:33 AM
B8's won't make it on your list for consideration? 4dr, quattro, fun.

03ozwhip
02-24-2015, 10:27 AM
thanks boys. Ya the Audi is on the list I guess there is an '11 on here right now (A3) but is kind of in a different category. I'd have to drive it.

That being said, I have an '11 128i and I LOVE driving it, but I've never driven an AWD 335 so I'm kind of excited to test it out.

blownz
02-24-2015, 11:50 AM
TL isn't in the same class IMO. Not that it is a bad car, but it just isn't in the same league. I recently drove the new TSX and it feels too much like an Accord to be in this group.

I personally vote for the 335 just for the engine alone. Make sure you dump the run flats asap though.

J.M.
02-24-2015, 12:20 PM
I vote for the 335 as well. Do you plan on modding it or keeping it stock?

03ozwhip
02-24-2015, 02:24 PM
I will most likely MILDLY mod whatever I get, but I don't want to be fixing shit all the time and from what I hear, the 335 isn't exactly the best for reliability...

J.M.
02-24-2015, 02:56 PM
2012 model - wouldn't that still have some sort of factory warranty remaining?

03ozwhip
02-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Ya I think warranty is 4 years. I know mine doesn't expire until June of 2015, it's an '11. The one thing that bugs me with the bmw is the shitty stereo interface, I know that much.

beyond_ban
02-24-2015, 09:00 PM
335 with Cobb is definitely your best option, in my slightly biased opinion of course.

03ozwhip
02-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Are there any real differences between the 09 and 11 335?

SkiBum5.0
02-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Testing my knowledge here but I think the sedan got the LCI-treatment in 09 and coupe was later. Maybe 2011.

New taillights, hood, grill, and iDrive update (may apply to all models in 2009).

beyond_ban
02-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Are there any real differences between the 09 and 11 335?

In 2010 (model year 2011) 335i's switched from the N54 to the N55 engine. Main difference between the two being the N54 is a twin turbo while the N55 is twin scroll single turbo.

03ozwhip
02-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

In 2010 (model year 2011) 335i's switched from the N54 to the N55 engine. Main difference between the two being the N54 is a twin turbo while the N55 is twin scroll single turbo.
good to know. I heard the N55 is a lot more reliable compared to the N54, is this true?

bjstare
02-26-2015, 08:47 AM
I've done a bit of reading on it, and from what I've found, it seems to be more reliable, but a lot less fun and much less potential for power. :dunno:

03ozwhip
02-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Well, honestly, I'm thinking I'm going to do more appearance mods than anything, but of course the basic engine needs will be done, I don't need a shit ton of power.

I'm so confused as to what to do, I'm hoping to try them all out, including an Audi this weekend.

beyond_ban
02-26-2015, 06:13 PM

good to know. I heard the N55 is a lot more reliable compared to the N54, is this true?

A little bit more reliable maybe, but i've noticed it gets blown way out of proportion online. My N54 required a water pump but never had any other issues. From my experience, if you treat the engine right, it will return the favor. JB4 and the N54 is a combo that is near impossible to match for the money.

J.M.
02-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Try to find a E90 335 with the m sport package, looks awesome IMO.

scboss
02-27-2015, 02:47 AM
I was in the exact same situation last year and I test drove pretty much every car minus the audi and the benz my findings were

BMW = Most fun to drive, meh for interior and $$$$ for repairs and maintenance

Lexus IS350 = Meh for fun (only comes in auto with paddle shift), best styling in its class IMO and very reliable (from research) best resale value.

TL = Probably the comfiest ride for long trips, meh performance, nice interior, shit resale value

G37 = I would say the is the mix of the TL and the IS350, its comfy, looks alright but for some reason the resale value on these have been the worst of all 4 cars.

If your like me though and you go through cars like crazy get the lexus just based off resale value. You will not really find a need to mod it minus tint and rims plus it seems to meet all your needs. If you got the money get the BMW hands down.

From my own experience with maintenance (cant speak for others)
Japanese luxury = $$
German Luxury = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:thumbsup:

03ozwhip
03-01-2015, 01:23 AM
One car down. Drove an '11 335i xDrive. I loved it for so many reasons, so it's definitely at the top of the list. Hell I might not even look at any others.

I was kind of intrigued about the '14/'15 328ix with the 4 cylinder turbo, but i didnt drive it. I don't really want to spend that much, has anyone driven one?

03ozwhip
03-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Found the car(335) I want, faster than I was expecting. However, it has had 3 small claims on it in 4 years totalling a max of about 15k. Being that is an '11 335 xDrive, how bad is that, do you guys think?

relyt92
03-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Found the car(335) I want, faster than I was expecting. However, it has had 3 small claims on it in 4 years totalling a max of about 15k. Being that is an '11 335 xDrive, how bad is that, do you guys think? Accident or comprehensive claims? Realistically you could easily rack up 15k in one accident with a car like that without it seeming as bad as it really is.

wintonyk
03-02-2015, 01:38 AM
i am surprised to hear about the bad gas mileage on the is350. I have an 07 rwd. On highway i get around 9L/100 at the standard speed markup. In the city i average around 11 L/100km. I am not bagging on her a ton but will certainly step on it from time to time.

03ozwhip
03-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Well, here it is, I actually bought something lol 2011 E90 xDrive Special Edition in all it's winter wheel glory lol. Good thing I didn't put summer's on it already!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/IMAG0610_zpsdkjkwycz.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/cory_mr2/media/IMAG0610_zpsdkjkwycz.jpg.html)

schocker
03-16-2015, 08:47 AM
about time! :rofl:

03ozwhip
03-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Lol I know man, I'm super picky haha

J.M.
03-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Looks dope man, been keeping my eye open for an E90

Did you end up picking it up from a dealer or private sale?

03ozwhip
03-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks, it was a private sale. For another special edition at the dealer, they wanted way more so it was a no brainer.