PDA

View Full Version : Any Fiesta ST owners on here?

clem24
05-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Would love to hear your experience.

And would also love to test your car as dealerships don't allow test drives. And yes to return the favor, you can drive mine! :D

Mitsu3000gt
05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
What is with these standard car dealers not allowing test drives? I ran into this same crap at Subaru and they lost at least 2 sales from that alone within my group of friends.

You can walk into Porsche and they will send you out by yourself in a $150,000 911, but if you want to test a $30,000 car with way less power, it's out of the question :rofl:.

Sorry I don't have any ST experiences to add to your thread, I just noticed they won't let you test drive the car you are looking at buying (if I understand your comment correctly) and I think that is ridiculous.

Aleks
05-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I had no issues test driving one at the automall. :dunno:

Really fun car. Getting great reviews in all the mags too. The only thing that bothered me was how small it was. Interior wise car like Fit is much better even though they are same class of car. I haven't driven the Focus ST but from everything I've read the Fiesta ST is more fun.

clem24
05-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I had no issues test driving one at the automall. :dunno:

Hmm ok maybe I should pay them a visit. Anyway their line of reasoning is that there are apparently only 5 in stock in Alberta, 3 'potentially' sold (whatever that means). Metro has theirs inside the showroom so I can see how it would be a PITA to get it out. But they had something like 3 Focus ST and also no drives out in that.

But what you're really saying is, I should probably not actually buy the Automall one hahaha (I think this is MacLin?).

Originally posted by Aleks
Really fun car. Getting great reviews in all the mags too. The only thing that bothered me was how small it was.

Haha the size is exactly what appeals to me. And yes this car will have to fit 2 adults, 3 small kids, and 2 dogs. :rofl:

Aleks
05-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by clem24

Hmm ok maybe I should pay them a visit. Anyway their line of reasoning is that there are apparently only 5 in stock in Alberta, 3 'potentially' sold (whatever that means). Metro has theirs inside the showroom so I can see how it would be a PITA to get it out. But they had something like 3 Focus ST and also no drives out in that.

But what you're really saying is, I should probably not actually buy the Automall one hahaha (I think this is MacLin?).

Haha the size is exactly what appeals to me. And yes this car will have to fit 2 adults, 3 small kids, and 2 dogs. :rofl:

Yeah they had 2 at Maclin a while back. One of them was the demo. Lime green one. The guy didn't even think twice when we went in to drive them. He said he could order stock any time so I don't see what the problem is :dunno:

Cos
05-02-2014, 08:46 AM

eglove
05-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Cam Clark recently lost their svt sponsorship afaik

Love my focus st I didn't wanna go down in size to the fiesta. Best car I've owned so far

clem24
05-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Like I said.. The guy did a stock search and apparently there's 5 in the Calgary area and presumably 3 are sold. So I can only assume each one has one in stock. Well how many Ford dealers in Calgary... Let's start with that. They (obviously) wouldn't tell me which ones.

Shlade
05-02-2014, 01:39 PM
No cam Clark is still svt authorized got a buddy who works there

I got lucky with test driving a focus ST at advantage ford.

Main reason they don't allow em is because of upping mileage

They are cool cars though love how they look. Probably handle awesome

r3ccOs
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
i love how dealers are so skeptical of tire-kickers and I'm sure though they've been burnt, there are more than plenty of people willing to extend their credit to buy the car they want, so why deny potential revenues?

Its very a-typical of domestics and NE ran dealerships...

I was intrested in a a hemi magnum, the day I drove in to that Chrystler in Marlboro (I was @ TNT earlier), I wasn't wearing anything but a polo shirt, shorts and sandles, and just purely based on that impression were expecting a deposit as the manager who authorized tests for anything that was over 250HP, was off duty. **supposedly their policy**

yah, until he saw me walk towards my RX330 that was parked around the corner.

fuck that noise...

Volvo, Audi, and a number of non-domestic dealers in the South and NW end of the city seems to have this problem.

clem24
05-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Wasn't this the case with Subaru and STIs? And there was also the story of some kid who over-rev'ed a car on a test drive or something? Can't remember what it was - an S2000 perhaps?

Mitsu3000gt
05-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
i love how dealers are so skeptical of tire-kickers and I'm sure though they've been burnt, there are more than plenty of people willing to extend their credit to buy the car they want, so why deny potential revenues?

Its very a-typical of domestics and NE ran dealerships...

I was intrested in a a hemi magnum, the day I drove in to that Chrystler in Marlboro (I was @ TNT earlier), I wasn't wearing anything but a polo shirt, shorts and sandles, and just purely based on that impression were expecting a deposit as the manager who authorized tests for anything that was over 250HP, was off duty. **supposedly their policy**

yah, until he saw me walk towards my RX330 that was parked around the corner.

fuck that noise...

Volvo, Audi, and a number of non-domestic dealers in the South and NW end of the city seems to have this problem.

All the high end car dealers are WAY better. The low-end dealers often act like their $30K "performance" models are the new Veyron.

This reminds me of another time I was at the VW dealer on McLeod Trail. I was with my dad, and a friend who was looking to buy a car that day who enlisted our help. We wanted to test drive a used Jetta 2.0T, but since the car had a turbocharger (omg omg!!!), he needed to get approval. He never got said approval, and my friend bought the identical car elsewhere after a test drive.

Originally posted by clem24
Wasn't this the case with Subaru and STIs? And there was also the story of some kid who over-rev'ed a car on a test drive or something? Can't remember what it was - an S2000 perhaps?

Exact thing happened to me at Calgary Subaru in the NE with an STi. It was used, and they wouldn't even let us take it around the block with a salesperson. I was with someone who was legitimately interested in that particular car (drove from the deep SW just to see it). Nope, no test drives, because once again, we were told the car had (omg) a turbocharger. That was the exact reason they used. Ended up finding a different STi privately. It was a joke, and the salesperson knew nothing about the vehicle beyond the first few pages of the brochure.

ercchry
05-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

All the high end car dealers are WAY better. The low-end dealers often act like their $30K "performance" models are the new Veyron.

walked into lexus with my buddy who was on days off... from his $150k field job and wanted to checkout an is350. we had on t-shirts and jeans... every single sales person avoided us at all costs. walked over to BMW and took a 335 for a spin :nut:

Mitsu3000gt
05-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

walked into lexus with my buddy who was on days off... from his $150k field job and wanted to checkout an is350. we had on t-shirts and jeans... every single sales person avoided us at all costs. walked over to BMW and took a 335 for a spin :nut:

Yeah I've noticed that about the German dealers (minus VW), most are relaxed and realize that especially in a city like Calgary, there is money everywhere.

The wealthiest person I personally know, also enjoyed working on cars. He would leave his work overalls on or wear jeans & a tee shirt when he went to buy his cars (Porsche, Jaguar, etc.) looking like a bum, and made sure to give his business to those who bothered to approach him. He has tens of millions of dollars, and never dresses anything like you may think he would. Any car salesman who doesn't take that gamble in a place like Calgary is an idiot.

faiz999
05-02-2014, 03:41 PM
never had an issue with test driving, even tho i expected some. i just generally call ahead to see if i can schedule one and go from there.

as a sidenote on subies and stis- i had a similar experience to Mitsu's. basically got the run around from the salesperson who then told me after waiting in the cold near the car, that it needs to be sent into the shop for repairs.....

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Calgary Subaru won't allow any test drives but Centaur has always been ok with throwing me the keys to any model.

No VW dealer would let me drive a MK6 GTi even when I showed up in dress pants and shoes and a nice work jacket.

Mitsu3000gt
05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Calgary Subaru won't allow any test drives but Centaur has always been ok with throwing me the keys to any model.

No VW dealer would let me drive a MK6 GTi even when I showed up in dress pants and shoes and a nice work jacket.

Makes you wonder then, are a lot of people buying these normal, inexpensive, cars far from what anyone would consider a "performance" or "sports" car without even driving them? Maybe, I wouldn't know since I would never buy a car without driving it first. Seems so silly to me.

Sorry Clem, your thread seems to have derailed a bit and I'm not helping :nut:

LadyLuck
05-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Havent had the pleasure of driving an ST but all of my euro trips (including the upcoming one this September) I've always rented a fiesta to rip around for 6000KMs and love them.

my next choice of vehicle looks to be either a fiesta or focus ST. Love the looks too

jcox20
05-03-2014, 03:48 PM
When I went to the Subaru City in Edmonton they were more than happy to let me drive a WRX and STI :dunno:

Shlade
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Not sure how they'd expect a sale If you don't test drive it... I'd never even consider buying a car unless I felt how it drove.

Think this is just all in who you get... Could get a jackass of a salesman or somebody who's more than willing to let you try the car if it'll make a sale

Sugarphreak
05-03-2014, 10:19 PM

revelations
05-03-2014, 11:53 PM
^ did you look like a hobo or something ? :rofl:

Sugarphreak
05-04-2014, 12:00 AM

clem24
05-05-2014, 09:38 AM
LOL @ the thread derail... As far as the 'lesser' brands not allowing test drives while the 'higher' brands allow them probably has to do with the number of punks walking in and driving for the pure hell of it, while most wouldn't dream of setting foot in BMW/Audi etc.... I mean from our perspective sure we can bash them but from their perspective, they probably get a lot of bored punks walking in and just wanting to go for a rip. I can imagine that Toyota probably gets 80/100 FRS 'buyers' who aren't actually serious.

Personally I don't see why they should care if say the sales guy comes along but we don't get to see the crap that they see. Really though, just speak with your wallet. Walk out, and after you've bought a car elsewhere, write them a letter and kindly tell them to fuck off.

But yeah, it's really hard to commit to something without first having tested it. I drove the regular Fiesta just to get a feel for the size and such but I want to see how rough the ride is in the ST, how the steering is (sucks in the normal one) and how the clutch is (surprisingly good again in the normal one).

Although I did buy my C63 without ever having driven one hahaha though at least I knew how the ride was and fast it is since I did get to ride in one before.

So I guess back on topic.. Still looking for that elusive ST owner..

mrsingh
05-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

Wow that is the opposite of the experience I got at Lexus last year when we got our RX. My wife and I walked in on our day off just because we were in the area, I was wearing old jeans and flip flops. We were helped immediately, probably had the best sales experience I've ever had, and we had completed a deal two hours later.

dubhead
05-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Not surprising Clem, I've never gotten great vibes from most of the Ford dealerships around town... by no coincidence I don't own a Ford.

I spent a little time last summer trying to hunt down a Fiesta St to test drive with no luck... I gave up on it in the end and bought a project car instead.

I've had a few dealerships do this to me really badly in the past 5 years; Heninger Toyota (twice if you can believe that) and Advantage Ford. I will never buy a car from either of these places.

The single worse offender though was Valentine Volvo. I went in check out an S40, and when I went to the front desk to ask for a sales rep the conversation went roughly like this

Me: "Good afternoon, how are you?"
Receptionist: "Fine, how can I help you?"
Me: "I was hoping to have a look at an S40 today, is there somebody that is free to show me one?"
Receptionist: Looks at me like I am too poor to afford one "Yeah I'm sorry they are all busy right now helping more committed customers"
Me: "Um?... ok"
Me: "Well, is there one in the showroom or outside I can just have a look at"
Receptionist: "No point in looking at one, Either want a Volvo or you don't"

I was seriously beside myself with that conversation, it is one thing to ignore somebody, but an entirely different thing to sit there and talk down to a customer like that. Another example of a dealership I will never step foot in again.

Best dealerships by far have been Silverhill Acura and Glenmore Audi... both have always been really nice and practically throw the keys at me whenever I have been hunting for a new car.

I was in Valentine a couple months ago and they gave me the keys to a 60k V60 R-Design no trouble at all. I actually found them to be super helpful. Also Edmonton Subaru has demos for both 2015 WRK and STI. I took the WRX for a spin a few weeks back.

gpomp
05-06-2014, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by mrsingh

Wow that is the opposite of the experience I got at Lexus last year when we got our RX. My wife and I walked in on our day off just because we were in the area, I was wearing old jeans and flip flops. We were helped immediately, probably had the best sales experience I've ever had, and we had completed a deal two hours later. :werd: Lexus has been one of the best for getting immediate service.

As for the Fiesta ST, I've driven that at Maclin Ford. Very easy going sales guy there.

LadyLuck
07-09-2014, 11:50 PM
soooo...anyone own a Fiesta ST? Thoughts?

pheoxs
07-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Curious as well, was looking at picking one up or maybe even just the Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost instead.