PDA

View Full Version : Sweetgrass, MT -- carpool for car parts

Chowcow
05-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi All,

Wondering if anybody would be interested in heading down to Sweetgrass, MT to pick up a few car parts near the end of May.

I believe there is a holding warehouse down there where you can have your items shipped to within the states. The one I used to use charged $5 per package (Buffalo, NY).

I'm thinking about picking up a set of coilovers and having them shipped down there. However, costs would be reduced if I could get interest in a carpool.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, or planning a trip in the near future, let me know.

J.M.
05-02-2014, 11:53 PM
The Montana Shipping Outlet? I'm interested in possibly ordering some parts and having them shipped there if someone is going down there.

Chowcow
05-03-2014, 01:02 AM
PM me your number and I'll keep you updated.

Projek01
05-03-2014, 02:14 AM
make sure you shop around locally before you head down. with the exchange rate so low, I have been having better luck getting parts in canada for the same price.

try messaging Rhys from revwerks and Steve at JRPonline. I actually got parts for cheaper from these guys compared to shipping to MT with american retailers.

haggis88
05-03-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm also interested in this...looking to get a couple of things shipped soon

LMK if you get enough interest!

Chowcow
05-03-2014, 08:09 PM
All the shops I called quoted me the retailers price + duty + shipping + profit. I have another person who's interested to grab some parts, but won't be able to come down with me. I don't have any room in my car to grab and transport parts, so I was looking to car pool with people on the board.

Keep PM'ing me with interest/ if you want to carpool.

KRyn
05-03-2014, 08:40 PM
I will be heading down to Montana to pick up a bunch of parts for my self, with a buddy. We may have room for another person and some parts.

J.M.
05-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Damn I wish rotors weren't so pricey to ship haha it's almost as much as just buying locally.

ianmcc
05-04-2014, 04:24 AM
I just made a trip down to MSO for two items and some cheap Bud bottles (my wife's request-happy wife=happy life!). Declared value of $60 and $450 that Canadian Customs converted into $C since neither receipt indicated $US or $C. Keep that in mind.
No duty on either item-only paid GST for both items plus a total of $9.50 handling fees from MSO. Paid duty on the beer since I was onlt there for an hour.
And filled up at the converted rate of $1.08 for mid grade.