PDA

View Full Version : Nutrional Websites?

hockeybronx
03-01-2004, 05:05 PM
I am looking for websites where you can just go to and type in:

"Ground Beef"

And up will come a chart that tells you how much protein, carbs, energy, and fat is in the food.

Anybody know of any good such sites?

EG STyLeZ
03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
http://www.principalhealthnews.com/topic/nutritiontoolbox

That site has a pretty vast and extensive database of all types of foods.:)

hockeybronx
03-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
http://www.principalhealthnews.com/topic/nutritiontoolbox

That site has a pretty vast and extensive database of all types of foods.:)

:werd: Dogg that was exactly what I was looking for:thumbsup:

BloNdie
03-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Thats actually really cool!

Dope Dealer
03-04-2004, 10:25 PM
That site doesn't work right now, but usually 1 ounce of meat is equal to 6-7g of protein. I always try to get Ultra Lean Ground Beef, because it has the littlest amount of fat.

I usually really only eat chicken breasts for meat protein (Chicken and Turkey are best).

EG STyLeZ
03-04-2004, 11:47 PM
I usually try to eat leaner meats, but it's so hard for me to gain any weight so I'm more focused on eating lots of food.

hockeybronx
03-05-2004, 01:34 AM
The key to gaining weight and muscle mass is consistancy. It's so hard I know, especially when you work, go to full-time school, and play hockey.

The key elements of fitness are:
- focused and intensive weight training
- high heart rate cardiovascular exercise
- adequate amounts of water
- adequate amounts of calcium for bone strengh and development
- 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body mass, everyday.
- a consistant schedule of at least 8 hours of sleep per night, getting a minimum of 1.5 hours before midnight.

It's so hard, but if we discipline our lifestyles we can achieve what we want.

EG STyLeZ
03-05-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
The key to gaining weight and muscle mass is consistancy. It's so hard I know, especially when you work, go to full-time school, and play hockey.

The key elements of fitness are:
- focused and intensive weight training
- high heart rate cardiovascular exercise
- adequate amounts of water
- adequate amounts of calcium for bone strengh and development
- 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body mass, everyday.
- a consistant schedule of at least 8 hours of sleep per night, getting a minimum of 1.5 hours before midnight.

It's so hard, but if we discipline our lifestyles we can achieve what we want.

When I first started working out, i steadily gained about 10 lbs. After that, it totally slowed down and it's hard to gain anything now. I'm lifting more, but nothing to show for it. It sucks! But i'm still motivated though.
All those things you listed I generally fulfill, except the last one. I do get at least 8 hours of sleep every day, but NEVER sleep before midnight, ever! Often i'll stay up until 4 or 5am. Hmm...

hockeybronx
03-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah you might want to try and get more quality sleep (i.e sleep before midnight).

If you are at somewhat of a "peak" where you can't gain any more I would suggest minor intake of supplements.

I know there are many negative views on Creatine and GNC Mega Mass, and although I don't use them, I have heard if you use even a 1/4 of what is recommended you can heighten your peaks.

I sounds like you worked really hard, and your body could be at it's natural maximum. However if you are committed with your money, time, diet, and dicipline, you can achieve more with a little supplementary boost.

Maybe give it a try, research it and see what you think. Please let me know how your results work out okay? Good Luck!

EG STyLeZ
03-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Yeah you might want to try and get more quality sleep (i.e sleep before midnight).

If you are at somewhat of a "peak" where you can't gain any more I would suggest minor intake of supplements.

I know there are many negative views on Creatine and GNC Mega Mass, and although I don't use them, I have heard if you use even a 1/4 of what is recommended you can heighten your peaks.

I sounds like you worked really hard, and your body could be at it's natural maximum. However if you are committed with your money, time, diet, and dicipline, you can achieve more with a little supplementary boost.

Maybe give it a try, research it and see what you think. Please let me know how your results work out okay? Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestions man. I have been taking protein supplements (whey) pretty much the whole time i've been working out. I have also tried creatine. I used it for about 2 months but I felt it didn't do shit for me so I stopped. I dunno man.:dunno:

hockeybronx
03-05-2004, 11:19 PM
That's weird about creatine, for some people they have said it has worked wonders, for others they don't think it's done anything. With any powders you really need to drink a lot of water though too.

Maybe if you really want to advance, check out that GNC Mega Mass supplement. A guy was talking about it in the "How To Get It Back" thread I started a while back.

There's no harm in researching the stuff if you have time, but remember to not only go to GNC's website but also go to other nutritional website. The unofficial sites will state the side-effects, and result testimonials.

Dope Dealer
03-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I stay away from all the crap myself. But for some people it works I guess. The only supplements I take are a Multi-Vit (Post Workout Meal), Vitamin C,E and Beta Carotene (Non-Toxic form of Vitamin A) (Post and bedtime).

Supplements and Creatine and all that other stuff is a waste of money in my opinion. I don't even drink protein powder unless it's really inconvenient for me to make a meal. REAL FOOD IS ALWAYS BETTER.. :) Supplements are just money grabs for companies, and although they do show results some of the time, the long term effects are useless (ie - Creatine), unless you keep on it constantly, which will get very expensive..

But if you are at a plateau, you need to do cycles. Personally, I am on a 6 week, continuous cycle that consists of different number of sets, reps, resting periods etc. etc. It 'tricks' the body. When you keep doing the same thing constantly, your body will just adjust to that level and won't give you anything more.