PDA

View Full Version : SRT Back Under Dodge, Dart SRT, New Crossover Detailed

kenny
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2015-dodge-charger-nyias-2-550x310.jpg

While it should have been expected based on their presentation in New York, it was still a surprise when Dodge announced that the SRT brand will be consildated and will fall under Dodge again instead of being a separate entity. That’s not all though, with SRT falling back under Dodge there are a few pieces of SRT related news that was announced today. First a couple recaps from New York, the refreshed Challenger and Charger will be getting their SRT versions in August, and January respectively. Both will see new versions released in July 2018 with SRT versions showing up December 2018. It is widely expected that the new Challenger and Chargers will be powered by an all-new supercharged 6.2L V8 codenamed “Hellcat”.

[...continued]

http://www.beyond.ca/srt-back-under-dodge-dart-srt-new-crossover-detailed/36170.html

n1zm0
05-06-2014, 12:32 PM
The Dart is supposedly coming out as a Turbo along with that AWD (http://jalopnik.com/the-dodge-dart-srt-will-be-a-turbo-awd-wrx-fighter-1572339997)... WRX fighter I bet.

MGCM
05-06-2014, 12:57 PM
u missed one, BYE BYE CARAVAN:burnout:

schocker
05-06-2014, 02:54 PM
It is pretty funny that it is back in the hold so soon.
Smart of Fiat to organize everything better though.
Dodge - Performance
Chrysler - Cars (100, 200, 300)/Van
Ram - Trucks
Fiat - Small cars/possible miata based car/small crossover

kenny
05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Dodge - Performance
Ram - Trucks

Except Dodge is planning on introducing a new small car/hatchback in 2018. I thought that was weird considering the elimination of the other non-performance oriented models.

flipstah
05-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Except Dodge is planning on introducing a new small car/hatchback in 2018. I thought that was weird considering the elimination of the other non-performance oriented models.

Is that still confirmed or now scrapped because of the reorg?

schocker
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Well performance within reason as the 'Journey' is sticking around too along with the durango (I thought this was turning into a jeep wagoneer, I guess not).

Xtrema
05-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Dodge - Performance
Ram - Trucks

Fiat is going to turn into old GM soon.....

Dodge - Pontiac
Chrysler - Chevrolet
Ram - GMC
Fiat - Buick
Alfa - Cadillac
Jeep - Hummer?

All they need is to bring in Lancier to take place of Saturn and it's complete.