PDA

View Full Version : Question about Chrysler Canada Reps??

colinderksen
05-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I was looking into buying a New (but used) 2013 Dodge Durango on the weekend.

Side note: New/used (apparently) is when a dealer buys the vehicle (only 60km on it, but warranty has started to run its course since the dealer bought it) from the big company. Not really sure how that works...

Anyways, couldn't get a deal done. Got a voicemail from a guy today saying he was a rep from Chrysler Canada who buys business across the country and wanted to help out the dealer and myself to get the deal done. Said he showcases Chrysler products across the country and was hosting an event at the dealer.

Anyone had this before? Or know what it is all about? Gonna call back tomorrow and see what he has to say.

Thanks

Colin

Env-Consultant
05-07-2014, 01:04 AM
It sounds like games to me - typical dealership BS. I always call around, get prices - absolutely no deposits - if somebody asks, I hang up - no games. Then, when I find a price I like, I knock more off of that, write a check with the VIN on it, backdated to go stale within 3 days, and drop it off. Assuming you have the coin in the bank, I'd try this - I haven't yet had a check not cashed and I've paid stupidly low prices.

colinderksen
05-07-2014, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant
It sounds like games to me - typical dealership BS. I always call around, get prices - absolutely no deposits - if somebody asks, I hang up - no games. Then, when I find a price I like, I knock more off of that, write a check with the VIN on it, backdated to go stale within 3 days, and drop it off. Assuming you have the coin in the bank, I'd try this - I haven't yet had a check not cashed and I've paid stupidly low prices.

If deposit gets rolled into final price what's the problem

TravisF79
05-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant
It sounds like games to me - typical dealership BS. I always call around, get prices

As I work at a Dodge dealership (won't say which one), I would have to agree with this. We have "Private Sales" every 3-4 weeks and it always has a Chrysler Rep there signing people up and calling others to push sales.

With that said -- I have seen some vehicles go for low prices while he is there.

My advice -- Call around get other prices so you know what you're dealing with, then play the rep while he plays the dealership. Might get a better deal.

CapnCrunch
05-07-2014, 09:48 AM
It sounds like nothing more than a sleazy sales tactic.

Masked Bandit
05-07-2014, 11:59 AM
The manufacturer rep is window dressing and marketing, nothing more. When it comes right down to it the sales manager still gets final say on all deals, yes or no. The "rep" has no authority / power to do anything that can't be done by the people already there.

colinderksen
05-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Env-Consultant
05-10-2014, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by colinderksen

If deposit gets rolled into final price what's the problem

The problem is once he has my money, some dipshit I don't know now has all the power - if I really want to, will I get my money back? Yes. Could it be a huge fight/issue that I'd be stupid for getting myself into? Definitely.

Giving deposits is for chumps with no backbone. It's just plain stupid.

Prail
06-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Yeah avoid deposits... you can make the deal without them.

Def just games...