PDA

View Full Version : looking for a computer receipt.

blairtruck
05-07-2014, 02:09 PM
story goes.
my wife works for capital health and has an electronics spending account for now. $2000 a year
turns out her job is going union and she will be losing this spending account in 2 months.

i am looking for receipt for a pc or laptop or tablets or anything computer related that i could get a scan of.

i already have multiple PCs and laptops. a few ipads and iphones that i have expensed over the years and have no need for something new at the moment. so instead of losing the money i am looking for a receipt i can claim to get the money out before it disappears. she has $1200 left after expensing all the cell phone bills and internet bills.
so a receipt over 1200 would be sweet. maybe someone just bought a macbook or something. doesn't hurt to try

variance
05-07-2014, 02:19 PM
hey man, I think i have some reciepts laying around, send me your wifes contact info to my email at [email protected]

carson blocks
05-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Smells a little like fraud to me, not sure I'd post that publicly on the Internet in case someone at the company reads this shit. I'd probably just buy myself a new electronic toy and take advantage of it legitimately.

dirtsniffer
05-07-2014, 02:25 PM
sounds like a great use of public money..

anyways, buy -> expense -> return.

n1zm0
05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
story goes.
my wife works for capital health and has an electronics spending account for now. $2000 a year
turns out her job is going union and she will be losing this spending account in 2 months.

i am looking for receipt for a pc or laptop or tablets or anything computer related that i could get a scan of.

i already have multiple PCs and laptops. a few ipads and iphones that i have expensed over the years and have no need for something new at the moment. so instead of losing the money i am looking for a receipt i can claim to get the money out before it disappears. she has $1200 left after expensing all the cell phone bills and internet bills.
so a receipt over 1200 would be sweet. maybe someone just bought a macbook or something. doesn't hurt to try

I know a guy at AHS who just got a gaming laptop, PM me your email.

quick_scar
05-07-2014, 02:42 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

blairtruck
05-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
sounds like a great use of public money..

anyways, buy -> expense -> return.
ahhh bingo bango

Dave P
05-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by variance
hey man, I think i have some reciepts laying around, send me your wifes contact info to my email at [email protected]

:rofl:

sabad66
05-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Openly asking randoms on the internet to help you commit fraud... :facepalm:

Mitsu3000gt
05-07-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't really see what the big deal is. The money is theirs to use, and comes out of the company's pockets regardless of how he uses it. It may not be the #1 intended use, but it really makes very little difference at the end of the day. Would it be better if he bought a laptop "just because" and let it collect dust, just to use the money up? Might as well maximize the use of any perks given to him by the company. No different really than getting the most out of your benefits working O&G downtown - if you use it for the sake of using it (which is actively encouraged everywhere I've ever worked), someone's still paying for it.

Since it's going to happen anyway, don't use someone else's receipt. Just buy something, and return it unopened. You'll be left with a receipt that matches your personal info as well.

Cos
05-07-2014, 05:53 PM

CanmoreOrLess
05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Go to a retail outlet like CostCo, buy $1,200 of goods, submit receipt to workplace, return electronics for refund. Look for a retailer offering 30-60 days of returns.

Easy and it stays in the family.