PDA

View Full Version : closing thread

EvoXFusion
05-08-2014, 11:50 PM
closing thread

boarderfatty
05-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Where did Speed Options get them from? In Alberta as far as I know the only places that deal directly with Conti are Regional Tire, Trican Tire and OK tire. Any shop selling Conti's probably originally got them from one of those 3 places, there are always middle men in the process. Do you know if Speed Option got them from the states?

When I buy Conti's through the OK Tire warehouse, and I buy them at a discount from OK and sell them for the same MSRP that OK sells them at or even cheaper (My shop sells on the cost+ approach not MSRP). If I call in my order and OK says they are out of the states. I will tell the customer that the tires are coming from the states. Yes they came from the Edmonton OK warehouse, but I had to wait for the warehouse to receive them from the states. If OK charges me extra freight for expedited shipping I will give the customer the option of paying the additional freight, waiting, or an alternative option.

I am not sure if you have any additional information, or are aware of how the tire industry works, but I will assume you are not since it did not indicate so in your post. If it is really that big of a concern, maybe get all the facts first, and possibly shop around before buying tires in the first shop you go to.

revelations
05-09-2014, 12:34 AM
SO, Vex was unable to source out tires direct ... but found some for you from "the states", which ended up being through SpeedOptions somehow..... who is still a third party (who charge a markup) and you're upset because ??

Ymerej472008
05-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by revelations
SO, Vex was unable to source out tires direct ... but found some for you from "the states", which ended up being through SpeedOptions somehow..... who is still a third party (who charge a markup) and you're upset because ??
I don't really see the problem either? :confused:

TomcoPDR
05-09-2014, 01:04 AM

I believe op is saying he feels duped... Like being a chick being picked up at the club, guy says he's got a Porsche lets get outta here, turns out to be a 944... Or come check out his 'vette...... Chevette.

max_boost
05-09-2014, 01:14 AM
So he shoulda went to speed options to begin with lol

firebane
05-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

I believe op is saying he feels duped... Like being a chick being picked up at the club, guy says he's got a Porsche lets get outta here, turns out to be a 944... Or come check out his 'vette...... Chevette.

:rofl:

Those 944 guys get so mad when you call their 944 a Volkswagen.

a social dsease
05-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Not sure I see a problem here either?

Just to add, I have had work done at Vex a couple times, and both times the work was done exactly as requested, within the time frame specified, and within the quoted cost. Actually when I had my up/dp installed by Vex they quoted me 4-5hrs, but it ended up taking them only 3hrs, and they only charged me for those 3hrs (even though they could have easily charged me for 4 or 5 which I would have happily paid)!

Sucks that you feel you were overcharged, but in my experience the guys at Vex have been nothing but great.

know1edge
05-09-2014, 07:26 AM

Urbanx didn't have tires I was looking for and referred me to other shops instead of telling me some bullshit, re-sourcing and marking up

+ it took his tires a week to show up from the NE

KRyn
05-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Why didn't you call and ask Ryan or Jimmy to explain what happened instead of coming onto beyond and making this thread first?

lee88
05-09-2014, 07:46 AM
+1 for Vex! Nothing but great experiences from them when I had my sti

know1edge
05-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by EvoXFusion
hey guys

so i called vex to find out what was up with that, but they said it was from the states.

Originally posted by KRyn
Why didn't you call and ask Ryan or Jimmy to explain what happened instead of coming onto beyond and making this thread first?

sidewaysD
05-09-2014, 08:02 AM
In all honesty...

If you thought Vex was your only source for these tires...without doing any other searching for deals..

Than the only person to blame..is yourself..

:dunno:

Phihalo
05-09-2014, 08:31 AM
I believe what the OP was feeling this way was b/c Vex told him that the tires came from the states instead of from another shop. If he was told that it was from another shop hence the mark-up, he probably wouldn't be as upset.

However, on a business perspective, Vex might be afraid that OP would go shop around instead of getting them from Vex, hence the story ("it's from the states" - mind you, this could very well be a true statement if speedoptions got them from the states to begin with)

bulaian
05-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sidewaysD
In all honesty...

If you thought Vex was your only source for these tires...without doing any other searching for deals..

Than the only person to blame..is yourself..

:dunno:

Exactly... and this:

Since i knew some people at speed options through a friend. i went through them to get a mount and balance today.

If OP knew people at Speed Options, why not go there first?

speedog
05-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Man, no love for the OP and only his/her second post on Beyond.

Live and learn, eh OP.

JfuckinC
05-09-2014, 08:50 AM
i feel like if vex promised you a price on something then couldn't deliver and had to order through another shop at a higher cost they shoulda ate the difference :dunno:

Oh well. They lied, life's hard and people are mean haha :poosie:

mr2mike
05-09-2014, 08:52 AM
You know people (have "friends" there) at Speed Option, you know they do tires and they did your mount and balance but you chose to go to Vex, why?
Then take your tires to Speed Option for mount and balance?

KRyn
05-09-2014, 09:01 AM
hey guys

so later on i get a call from ryan saying they dont have anymore in Canada and that they need to order them through the states, which would cost me addtional 138 CAD.

i found out that the tires that vex got was actually sold to them by speed options and that the tires didn't actually come from the states.

so i called vex to find out what was up with that, but they said it was from the states.

Let me get this straight...
You obtain definitive proof that your set of tires was purchased from Speed Options by Vex on your behalf. At which point you called Vex to ask why they charged you an additional $138.00. Someone on the other end of the phone told you that this was not the case and your tires did in fact come from the United States. At which point you said okay and hung up?
As always 1+1=potato

sr20s14zenki
05-09-2014, 09:11 AM
I only have one single question...........

then who was phone?

JRSC00LUDE
05-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by KRyn

Because balls. They total zero.

AMFH403
05-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Great job OP. Speedoptions should not be disclosing that information to you in the first place and if you felt ripped off you should of just called Vex. If you have friends that deal with Speedoptions that's where you should have inquired first or from one of the forum sponsors.

Orbie
05-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Not sure what I would do in your situation OP, but I've dealt with Ryan a few times on several things (tune, installs, maintenance etc) and he's always bent over backwards to earn my business which is why I always go back. It seems very out of character to me for him to lie to you for $138 bucks, he was always forthcoming/honest to me about everything.

I can appreciate what you're trying to do OP by warning the community about a bad experience, but I think you'll find a lot of people have had great experiences with Ryan and/or Jimmy so support may be rough.

I would agree with some of the comments here though, if you have friends at SpeedOptions and they could source the tires you wanted, why didn't you go through them initially?

guessboi
05-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Waiting for OP to reply... :rolleyes:

revelations
05-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Me thinks this will turn out like the Minute Brake and Muffler shop thread .... :rofl:

Sugarphreak
05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Me thinks this will turn out like the Minute Brake and Muffler shop thread .... :rofl: I've only ever heard good things about Vex, so I agree, haha

Originally posted by AMFH403
Great job OP. Speedoptions should not be disclosing that information to you in the first place... Why not? Do they have a confidentiality agreement in place?

rage2
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by speedog
Man, no love for the OP and only his/her second post on Beyond.

Live and learn, eh OP.
At least this proves that beyonders don't randomly crucify businesses like some members have implied. ;)

EvoXFusion
05-09-2014, 10:37 AM
i wasn't trying to be rude or anything just wanted to see if anyone had the same experience. didnt think i would get flamed that bad on here. but yea like ya said. live and learn man.

if the mod can close this thread that be cool.

G-ZUS
05-09-2014, 10:40 AM
:rofl:

FraserB
05-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by AMFH403
Great job OP. Speedoptions should not be disclosing that information to you in the first place and if you felt ripped off you should of just called Vex. If you have friends that deal with Speedoptions that's where you should have inquired first or from one of the forum sponsors.

What? It's a set of tires, not some proprietary piece of information. The Speedoptions guys probably saw him come in with the exact same tires they just sent to Vex and asked about them. For all we know, it cost Vex $138 more to get them from SO to make sure OP got them on time.

Either way, OP got the tires he wanted for a price he was willing to pay and be happy with. When he thought that he got ripped off, he decided to post up instead of actually trying to solve the issue.

if the mod can close this thread that be cool.

I assume this is because you didn't find a bunch of sackriders here like you'd hoped for?

speedog
05-09-2014, 10:42 AM
There will be no thread closings in here.

EvoXFusion
05-09-2014, 10:56 AM
just wanted to know if anyone had the same issue or ran into the same problem. but instead it back fired so yea. lol

so yea thats why i wanted to delete the thread. live and learn i guess.

EvoXFusion
05-09-2014, 11:00 AM
well initally i did want to go with speed options after finding out the tires were from the states. so i did cancel the order through ryan at vex. but then i got a call back from ryan saying the tires from the states was already packaged and was shipping so he needed to take back the payment. this was all in the same day. i was also curious as to why i couldn't cancel the order the same day, but i the order had to go through.

Originally posted by Orbie
Not sure what I would do in your situation OP, but I've dealt with Ryan a few times on several things (tune, installs, maintenance etc) and he's always bent over backwards to earn my business which is why I always go back. It seems very out of character to me for him to lie to you for $138 bucks, he was always forthcoming/honest to me about everything.

I can appreciate what you're trying to do OP by warning the community about a bad experience, but I think you'll find a lot of people have had great experiences with Ryan and/or Jimmy so support may be rough.

I would agree with some of the comments here though, if you have friends at SpeedOptions and they could source the tires you wanted, why didn't you go through them initially?

revelations
05-09-2014, 11:06 AM
well initally i did want to go with speed options after finding out the tires were from the states. so i did cancel the order through ryan at vex. but then i got a call back from ryan saying the tires from the states was already packaged and was shipping so he needed to take back the payment. this was all in the same day. i was also curious as to why i couldn't cancel the order the same day, but i the order had to go through.

Again, where is the issue? :dunno: Everything sounds pretty routine from their end as far as normal business dealings go. This makes less sense every time you post.

EvoXFusion
05-09-2014, 11:10 AM
also for the ones that saying i didn't talk to vex. i did talk to vex and i asked ryan where the tires came from. he said it was from the states.

well its just the fact that i paid extra thinking it would come from the states but it actually came from another local shop. if it was coming from a local shop why would i have to pay additional cost?

Again, where is the issue? :dunno: Everything sounds pretty routine from their end as far as normal business dealings go. This makes less sense every time you post.

ercchry
05-09-2014, 11:15 AM
well its just the fact that i paid extra thinking it would come from the states but it actually came from another local shop. if it was coming from a local shop why would i have to pay additional cost?

its simple.

warehouse stocks a shit ton of tires, they sit there for a while. price for those are in CAD, the warehouse got the tires from the states originally.

now over time those tires sell out (like in your case) new order from the states needs to be placed. warehouse isnt ready to restock? guess what? new avenues need to be found. new tires... came from the states, in one way or another. since last i checked... not too may canadian manufactures. whats the exchange now? fucking terrible. cost goes up. in your case... $138

G-ZUS
05-09-2014, 11:15 AM
also for the ones that saying i didn't talk to vex. i did talk to vex and i asked ryan where the tires came from. he said it was from the states.

Mark-up? Speedoptions may have marked it up or they don't get it as cheap as VEX?

rage2
05-09-2014, 11:18 AM
:closed: as requested by OP.